Re: [NTB] Rich Text editor ?

  • Steve & Mary King
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 3, 2001
      Check out www.software602.com, where they have a free MS Word clone that handles .RTF files as well as .DOC files. The main program is free and revolves around the Word clone and an Excel (sp?) clone. If you want such niceties as a spell checker that you can add words to and a thesaurus, you have to pay for those modules. I've been using it for a couple of months, and have found it to be relatively bug free, particularly when compared with Word itself.

      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 3, 2001
        Try Atlantis Nova which is an RTF editor that also deals with .jpgs and
        justifies text. It is a simpler version than Atlantis Mind. Very menu heavy.

        The alternative is to use NoteTab with HTML in mind.

        Adrian Worsfold

        http://www.pluralist.co.uk

      • Rick Friedline
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 3, 2001
          At 11:32 AM 6/3/01, Goswami wrote:

          >I am using NoteTab Light 4.85 , as my text editor, was wondering if
          >there
          >are similar editors for Rich Text files ?

          </lurk>
          Try this RTF processor

          WordTabs
          <http://www.sover.net/~whoi/pricelesstext.html#Wordpad%20Replacement>

          WORDTABS is a free word processor that's both a standard text editor
          (like Notepad) and a rich text (RTF) editor (like WordPad). WORDTABS
          uses the latest RTF technology so you can have access to OLE objects,
          Internet URLs, multiple undo/redo, and advanced line/character
          formatting. Other features include spell checking, drag-and-drop text
          editing, word count, case conversion, find-and-replace, a
          multi-clipboard text editor, and complete glossary function. Note: Word
          Tabs does not contain a spell checker dictionary, but dictionaries for
          NotesPad (from the same author) will work with Word Tabs.

          HTH

          <lurk>

          Rick Friedline
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 3, 2001
            Hi All,

            Please take this thread (RTF) to the Off-Topic list
            or private eMail. Thanks!

            Happy Topics,
            Jody

            The NoteTab Off-Topic List
          • David McIntosh
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 6, 2001
              HI
              try this page for bmp,jpg and txt and rtf.

              http://www.dlcomputing.com/pages/home_nn4.htm
              THANKYOU DAVE