Rich Text editor ?

  • Goswami
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 3, 2001
      Hi,

      I am using NoteTab Light 4.85 , as my text editor, was wondering if there
      are similar editors for Rich Text files ?

      I use a lot of graphics in my files, so would like to use a better RTF
      editor than Wordpad (not MS Word, please).

      I've been using Cetus CWordPad, but it's almost like WordPad, and doesn't
      handle JPEG's very well (they become distorted after the file has been saved
      a lot of times).

      rgds,
      Goswami
    • Steve & Mary King
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 3, 2001
        Check out www.software602.com, where they have a free MS Word clone that handles .RTF files as well as .DOC files. The main program is free and revolves around the Word clone and an Excel (sp?) clone. If you want such niceties as a spell checker that you can add words to and a thesaurus, you have to pay for those modules. I've been using it for a couple of months, and have found it to be relatively bug free, particularly when compared with Word itself.

        >I am using NoteTab Light 4.85 , as my text editor, was wondering if there
        >are similar editors for Rich Text files ?
        >
        >I use a lot of graphics in my files, so would like to use a better RTF
        >editor than Wordpad (not MS Word, please).
        >
        >I've been using Cetus CWordPad, but it's almost like WordPad, and doesn't
        >handle JPEG's very well (they become distorted after the file has been
        >saved
        >a lot of times).
        >
        >rgds,
        >Goswami

      • Adrian/ Rosemary Worsfold
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 3, 2001
          Try Atlantis Nova which is an RTF editor that also deals with .jpgs and
          justifies text. It is a simpler version than Atlantis Mind. Very menu heavy.

          The alternative is to use NoteTab with HTML in mind.

          Adrian Worsfold

          http://www.pluralist.co.uk

        • Rick Friedline
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 3, 2001
            At 11:32 AM 6/3/01, Goswami wrote:

            >I am using NoteTab Light 4.85 , as my text editor, was wondering if
            >there
            >are similar editors for Rich Text files ?

            </lurk>
            Try this RTF processor

            WordTabs
            <http://www.sover.net/~whoi/pricelesstext.html#Wordpad%20Replacement>

            WORDTABS is a free word processor that's both a standard text editor
            (like Notepad) and a rich text (RTF) editor (like WordPad). WORDTABS
            uses the latest RTF technology so you can have access to OLE objects,
            Internet URLs, multiple undo/redo, and advanced line/character
            formatting. Other features include spell checking, drag-and-drop text
            editing, word count, case conversion, find-and-replace, a
            multi-clipboard text editor, and complete glossary function. Note: Word
            Tabs does not contain a spell checker dictionary, but dictionaries for
            NotesPad (from the same author) will work with Word Tabs.

            HTH

            <lurk>

            Rick Friedline
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 3, 2001
              Hi All,

              Please take this thread (RTF) to the Off-Topic list
              or private eMail. Thanks!

              Happy Topics,
              Jody

              The NoteTab Off-Topic List
            • David McIntosh
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 6, 2001
                HI
                try this page for bmp,jpg and txt and rtf.

                http://www.dlcomputing.com/pages/home_nn4.htm
                THANKYOU DAVE