Re: [NTB] Can Reopen list be turned off?

  • Forrest
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 2, 2001
      > >I know you can "clear the contents of the list", but I would
      > >prefer to never have them displayed. Suggestions?

      Speaking of turning off tracking, the ability to turn off URL tracking
      should also be added. (I haven't found the NTP feature that makes use
      of these tracked URLs, but there they are in the .ini file.)
    • Alec Burgess
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 3, 2001
        >>I had just thought their might be a program setting
        somewhere that I had overlooked that would disable this
        feature. <<

        Alan - The suggestions about clips to turn off and other methods, I think
        ignore the "easy" method. Namely, create a special shortcut, using a Target
        like the following. (I use mine so I can have an editor available, with a
        different set of buttons on the toolbar, and a more restricted set of
        commands on the context menu.)

        >>"C:\Program Files\NoteTabs\NoteTab Pro\NotePro.exe" /NS "C:\My
        Documents\ntbPasteBoards\thePasteBoard" /J=9999 /INI=ntbPaste
        /INST=ntbPasteID<<

        The key part, is to make a copy of the .INI file. Then no files will come up
        by default except for ones (if any) that you specify in the Target. Regards
        ... Alec
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 3, 2001
          Hi Alec,

          That would only work for the first time (or more if no files were
          opened). The Reopen list (off the File menu) lists all the files
          (up to 16) that have been opened and closed. The list is kept in
          the active ini file under History it. So, once you opened and
          shut down say five files the active/current ini file which the
          shortcut points to would have five files in the Reopen list.

          In many other cases though the /ini= in the shortcut would work.

          http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab