Re: [NTB] Can Reopen list be turned off?

  • Lotta
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 1, 2001
      Oh, Harvey...

      Why did you tell him? I was thinking we could maybe convince Alan we needed
      to actually see the secret files to be able to help him. :(((

      Lotta

      >H="OnClose"
      >^!Keyboard Alt+f r enter enter
    • Forrest
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 2, 2001
        > >I know you can "clear the contents of the list", but I would
        > >prefer to never have them displayed. Suggestions?

        Speaking of turning off tracking, the ability to turn off URL tracking
        should also be added. (I haven't found the NTP feature that makes use
        of these tracked URLs, but there they are in the .ini file.)
      • Alec Burgess
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 3, 2001
          >>I had just thought their might be a program setting
          somewhere that I had overlooked that would disable this
          feature. <<

          Alan - The suggestions about clips to turn off and other methods, I think
          ignore the "easy" method. Namely, create a special shortcut, using a Target
          like the following. (I use mine so I can have an editor available, with a
          different set of buttons on the toolbar, and a more restricted set of
          commands on the context menu.)

          >>"C:\Program Files\NoteTabs\NoteTab Pro\NotePro.exe" /NS "C:\My
          Documents\ntbPasteBoards\thePasteBoard" /J=9999 /INI=ntbPaste
          /INST=ntbPasteID<<

          The key part, is to make a copy of the .INI file. Then no files will come up
          by default except for ones (if any) that you specify in the Target. Regards
          ... Alec
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 3, 2001
            Hi Alec,

            That would only work for the first time (or more if no files were
            opened). The Reopen list (off the File menu) lists all the files
            (up to 16) that have been opened and closed. The list is kept in
            the active ini file under History it. So, once you opened and
            shut down say five files the active/current ini file which the
            shortcut points to would have five files in the Reopen list.

            In many other cases though the /ini= in the shortcut would work.

            http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab