Re: [NTB] Can Reopen list be turned off?

  • Alan Braswell
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 1, 2001
      At 06:43 PM 6/1/01 -0700, you wrote:
      >Hi Alan,
      >At the moment, a clip could be written for that. I
      >Let me know if you want it and I will whip it out.
      >There would be acaveat:
      >You'd need to always close with a particular library open.
      >I'm not sure
      >if that can be worked around but will look up the
      >information.
      >Stephen

      Thanks Stephen and Jody for your replies. Stephen, your
      help is appreciated, but it is really not that big a deal.
      I had just thought their might be a program setting
      somewhere that I had overlooked that would disable this
      feature. I remember looking at one program - might have
      been Word - that allowed you to adjust the number of files
      stored in the "most recently opened files list" (the
      "reopen" list in Notetab) - including a setting of 0 - for
      those of us who are a little paranoid about family members
      seeing what we've up to. :-o
      (I have all the paranoia features engaged in Tweakui!).

      I would like to suggest this as a future enhancement. In
      the meantime, I will just have to remember to clear the
      contents if I feel the need.

      Thanks again for the replies.

      Best,

      Alan

      abraswell@...
      Alan Braswell
      Houston, Texas
    • Harvey R. Savage
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 1, 2001
        Alan Braswell wrote:

        > I would like to suggest this as a future enhancement. In
        > the meantime, I will just have to remember to clear the
        > contents if I feel the need.
        >
        > Best,
        >
        > Alan
        >
        > abraswell@...
        > Alan Braswell
        > Houston, Texas

        Alan,

        You might consider this temporarily, it may be a while before
        that 'future enhancement' is implemented.

        Help file information about OnClose.

        H="OnClose"
        Automatically executes the OnClose Clip when library is closed
        (either by changing to another library or by closing the
        Clipbook). Holding the Shift key down cancels the execution of
        the Clip.

        -----------------------
        1 line clip to add to any libraries you might load during NoteTab
        use.
        or, you can change the name and add it to a clipbar.

        H="OnClose"
        ^!Keyboard Alt+f r enter enter

        hrs
      • Lotta
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 1, 2001
          Oh, Harvey...

          Why did you tell him? I was thinking we could maybe convince Alan we needed
          to actually see the secret files to be able to help him. :(((

          Lotta

          >H="OnClose"
          >^!Keyboard Alt+f r enter enter
        • Forrest
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 2, 2001
            > >I know you can "clear the contents of the list", but I would
            > >prefer to never have them displayed. Suggestions?

            Speaking of turning off tracking, the ability to turn off URL tracking
            should also be added. (I haven't found the NTP feature that makes use
            of these tracked URLs, but there they are in the .ini file.)
          • Alec Burgess
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 3, 2001
              >>I had just thought their might be a program setting
              somewhere that I had overlooked that would disable this
              feature. <<

              Alan - The suggestions about clips to turn off and other methods, I think
              ignore the "easy" method. Namely, create a special shortcut, using a Target
              like the following. (I use mine so I can have an editor available, with a
              different set of buttons on the toolbar, and a more restricted set of
              commands on the context menu.)

              >>"C:\Program Files\NoteTabs\NoteTab Pro\NotePro.exe" /NS "C:\My
              Documents\ntbPasteBoards\thePasteBoard" /J=9999 /INI=ntbPaste
              /INST=ntbPasteID<<

              The key part, is to make a copy of the .INI file. Then no files will come up
              by default except for ones (if any) that you specify in the Target. Regards
              ... Alec
              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 3, 2001
                Hi Alec,

                That would only work for the first time (or more if no files were
                opened). The Reopen list (off the File menu) lists all the files
                (up to 16) that have been opened and closed. The list is kept in
                the active ini file under History it. So, once you opened and
                shut down say five files the active/current ini file which the
                shortcut points to would have five files in the Reopen list.

                In many other cases though the /ini= in the shortcut would work.

                http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab