Re: [NTB] Can Reopen list be turned off?

    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 1 6:35 PM
      Hi Alan B,

      >> I think you may be mixing two features up. The Reopen on the
      >> File menu effects the files you had open (16 allowed in the
      >> list)
      >
      >Actually this feature is the one I had a question about. I
      >would like to be able to turn this feature off, so that the
      >most recently opened files are _not_ displayed. Anyway to
      >turn off the "reopen" list on the file menu?
      >I know you can "clear the contents of the list", but I would
      >prefer to never have them displayed. Suggestions?

      I don't know of anyway except to *not* move your cursor over the
      item to slow and then it wouldn't bother you being there. If the
      menu slides out for your adjust your timing for it. I forget
      where you do that at, perhaps Tweak UI.

      >Sorry for the confusion.

      That's the nature of eMail. ;)

      http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab
    • Alan Braswell
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 1 7:32 PM
        At 06:43 PM 6/1/01 -0700, you wrote:
        >Hi Alan,
        >At the moment, a clip could be written for that. I
        >Let me know if you want it and I will whip it out.
        >There would be acaveat:
        >You'd need to always close with a particular library open.
        >I'm not sure
        >if that can be worked around but will look up the
        >information.
        >Stephen

        Thanks Stephen and Jody for your replies. Stephen, your
        help is appreciated, but it is really not that big a deal.
        I had just thought their might be a program setting
        somewhere that I had overlooked that would disable this
        feature. I remember looking at one program - might have
        been Word - that allowed you to adjust the number of files
        stored in the "most recently opened files list" (the
        "reopen" list in Notetab) - including a setting of 0 - for
        those of us who are a little paranoid about family members
        seeing what we've up to. :-o
        (I have all the paranoia features engaged in Tweakui!).

        I would like to suggest this as a future enhancement. In
        the meantime, I will just have to remember to clear the
        contents if I feel the need.

        Thanks again for the replies.

        Best,

        Alan

        abraswell@...
        Alan Braswell
        Houston, Texas
      • Harvey R. Savage
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 1 10:38 PM
          Alan Braswell wrote:

          > I would like to suggest this as a future enhancement. In
          > the meantime, I will just have to remember to clear the
          > contents if I feel the need.
          >
          > Best,
          >
          > Alan
          >
          > abraswell@...
          > Alan Braswell
          > Houston, Texas

          Alan,

          You might consider this temporarily, it may be a while before
          that 'future enhancement' is implemented.

          Help file information about OnClose.

          H="OnClose"
          Automatically executes the OnClose Clip when library is closed
          (either by changing to another library or by closing the
          Clipbook). Holding the Shift key down cancels the execution of
          the Clip.

          -----------------------
          1 line clip to add to any libraries you might load during NoteTab
          use.
          or, you can change the name and add it to a clipbar.

          H="OnClose"
          ^!Keyboard Alt+f r enter enter

          hrs
        • Lotta
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 1 11:10 PM
            Oh, Harvey...

            Why did you tell him? I was thinking we could maybe convince Alan we needed
            to actually see the secret files to be able to help him. :(((

            Lotta

            >H="OnClose"
            >^!Keyboard Alt+f r enter enter
          • Forrest
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 2 7:42 AM
              > >I know you can "clear the contents of the list", but I would
              > >prefer to never have them displayed. Suggestions?

              Speaking of turning off tracking, the ability to turn off URL tracking
              should also be added. (I haven't found the NTP feature that makes use
              of these tracked URLs, but there they are in the .ini file.)
            • Alec Burgess
              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 3 7:49 PM
                >>I had just thought their might be a program setting
                somewhere that I had overlooked that would disable this
                feature. <<

                Alan - The suggestions about clips to turn off and other methods, I think
                ignore the "easy" method. Namely, create a special shortcut, using a Target
                like the following. (I use mine so I can have an editor available, with a
                different set of buttons on the toolbar, and a more restricted set of
                commands on the context menu.)

                >>"C:\Program Files\NoteTabs\NoteTab Pro\NotePro.exe" /NS "C:\My
                Documents\ntbPasteBoards\thePasteBoard" /J=9999 /INI=ntbPaste
                /INST=ntbPasteID<<

                The key part, is to make a copy of the .INI file. Then no files will come up
                by default except for ones (if any) that you specify in the Target. Regards
                ... Alec
                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 3 10:28 PM
                  Hi Alec,

                  That would only work for the first time (or more if no files were
                  opened). The Reopen list (off the File menu) lists all the files
                  (up to 16) that have been opened and closed. The list is kept in
                  the active ini file under History it. So, once you opened and
                  shut down say five files the active/current ini file which the
                  shortcut points to would have five files in the Reopen list.

                  In many other cases though the /ini= in the shortcut would work.