Re: [NTB] Can Reopen list be turned off?

    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 1, 2001
      Hi Alan B,

      >> I think you may be mixing two features up. The Reopen on the
      >> File menu effects the files you had open (16 allowed in the
      >> list)
      >
      >Actually this feature is the one I had a question about. I
      >would like to be able to turn this feature off, so that the
      >most recently opened files are _not_ displayed. Anyway to
      >turn off the "reopen" list on the file menu?
      >I know you can "clear the contents of the list", but I would
      >prefer to never have them displayed. Suggestions?

      I don't know of anyway except to *not* move your cursor over the
      item to slow and then it wouldn't bother you being there. If the
      menu slides out for your adjust your timing for it. I forget
      where you do that at, perhaps Tweak UI.

      >Sorry for the confusion.

      That's the nature of eMail. ;)

      http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab
    • Stephen Riddle
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 1, 2001
        Hi Alan,
        At the moment, a clip could be written for that. I
        Let me know if you want it and I will whip it out.
        There would be acaveat:
        You'd need to always close with a particular library open. I'm not sure
        if that can be worked around but will look up the information.
        Stephen

        Alan Braswell wrote:
        > most recently opened files are _not_ displayed. Anyway to
        > turn off the "reopen" list on the file menu?
        > I know you can "clear the contents of the list", but I
        > would prefer to never have them displayed. Suggestions?
        >
        > Sorry for the confusion. In an effort to relate the ground
        > I had already covered, my post became a bit unclear.

      • Alan Braswell
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 1, 2001
          At 06:43 PM 6/1/01 -0700, you wrote:
          >Hi Alan,
          >At the moment, a clip could be written for that. I
          >Let me know if you want it and I will whip it out.
          >There would be acaveat:
          >You'd need to always close with a particular library open.
          >I'm not sure
          >if that can be worked around but will look up the
          >information.
          >Stephen

          Thanks Stephen and Jody for your replies. Stephen, your
          help is appreciated, but it is really not that big a deal.
          I had just thought their might be a program setting
          somewhere that I had overlooked that would disable this
          feature. I remember looking at one program - might have
          been Word - that allowed you to adjust the number of files
          stored in the "most recently opened files list" (the
          "reopen" list in Notetab) - including a setting of 0 - for
          those of us who are a little paranoid about family members
          seeing what we've up to. :-o
          (I have all the paranoia features engaged in Tweakui!).

          I would like to suggest this as a future enhancement. In
          the meantime, I will just have to remember to clear the
          contents if I feel the need.

          Thanks again for the replies.

          Best,

          Alan

          abraswell@...
          Alan Braswell
          Houston, Texas
        • Harvey R. Savage
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 1, 2001
            Alan Braswell wrote:

            > I would like to suggest this as a future enhancement. In
            > the meantime, I will just have to remember to clear the
            > contents if I feel the need.
            >
            > Best,
            >
            > Alan
            >
            > abraswell@...
            > Alan Braswell
            > Houston, Texas

            Alan,

            You might consider this temporarily, it may be a while before
            that 'future enhancement' is implemented.

            Help file information about OnClose.

            H="OnClose"
            Automatically executes the OnClose Clip when library is closed
            (either by changing to another library or by closing the
            Clipbook). Holding the Shift key down cancels the execution of
            the Clip.

            -----------------------
            1 line clip to add to any libraries you might load during NoteTab
            use.
            or, you can change the name and add it to a clipbar.

            H="OnClose"
            ^!Keyboard Alt+f r enter enter

            hrs
          • Lotta
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 1, 2001
              Oh, Harvey...

              Why did you tell him? I was thinking we could maybe convince Alan we needed
              to actually see the secret files to be able to help him. :(((

              Lotta

              >H="OnClose"
              >^!Keyboard Alt+f r enter enter
            • Forrest
              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 2, 2001
                > >I know you can "clear the contents of the list", but I would
                > >prefer to never have them displayed. Suggestions?

                Speaking of turning off tracking, the ability to turn off URL tracking
                should also be added. (I haven't found the NTP feature that makes use
                of these tracked URLs, but there they are in the .ini file.)
              • Alec Burgess
                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 3, 2001
                  >>I had just thought their might be a program setting
                  somewhere that I had overlooked that would disable this
                  feature. <<

                  Alan - The suggestions about clips to turn off and other methods, I think
                  ignore the "easy" method. Namely, create a special shortcut, using a Target
                  like the following. (I use mine so I can have an editor available, with a
                  different set of buttons on the toolbar, and a more restricted set of
                  commands on the context menu.)

                  >>"C:\Program Files\NoteTabs\NoteTab Pro\NotePro.exe" /NS "C:\My
                  Documents\ntbPasteBoards\thePasteBoard" /J=9999 /INI=ntbPaste
                  /INST=ntbPasteID<<

                  The key part, is to make a copy of the .INI file. Then no files will come up
                  by default except for ones (if any) that you specify in the Target. Regards
                  ... Alec
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jun 3, 2001
                    Hi Alec,

                    That would only work for the first time (or more if no files were
                    opened). The Reopen list (off the File menu) lists all the files
                    (up to 16) that have been opened and closed. The list is kept in
                    the active ini file under History it. So, once you opened and
                    shut down say five files the active/current ini file which the
                    shortcut points to would have five files in the Reopen list.

                    In many other cases though the /ini= in the shortcut would work.