Re: [NTB] Can Reopen list be turned off?

  • Alan Braswell
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 1, 2001
      Hi Jody,

      Thanks for the reply.

      >I think you may be mixing two features up. The Reopen on
      >the
      >File menu effects the files you had open (16 allowed in
      >the list)

      Actually this feature is the one I had a question about. I
      would like to be able to turn this feature off, so that the
      most recently opened files are _not_ displayed. Anyway to
      turn off the "reopen" list on the file menu?
      I know you can "clear the contents of the list", but I
      would prefer to never have them displayed. Suggestions?

      Sorry for the confusion. In an effort to relate the ground
      I had already covered, my post became a bit unclear.

      TIA again for any help.

      Best,

      Alan

      abraswell@...
      Alan Braswell
      Houston, Texas
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 1, 2001
        Hi Alan B,

        >> I think you may be mixing two features up. The Reopen on the
        >> File menu effects the files you had open (16 allowed in the
        >> list)
        >
        >Actually this feature is the one I had a question about. I
        >would like to be able to turn this feature off, so that the
        >most recently opened files are _not_ displayed. Anyway to
        >turn off the "reopen" list on the file menu?
        >I know you can "clear the contents of the list", but I would
        >prefer to never have them displayed. Suggestions?

        I don't know of anyway except to *not* move your cursor over the
        item to slow and then it wouldn't bother you being there. If the
        menu slides out for your adjust your timing for it. I forget
        where you do that at, perhaps Tweak UI.

        >Sorry for the confusion.

        That's the nature of eMail. ;)

        http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab
      • Stephen Riddle
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 1, 2001
          Hi Alan,
          At the moment, a clip could be written for that. I
          Let me know if you want it and I will whip it out.
          There would be acaveat:
          You'd need to always close with a particular library open. I'm not sure
          if that can be worked around but will look up the information.
          Stephen

          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 1, 2001
            At 06:43 PM 6/1/01 -0700, you wrote:
            >Hi Alan,
            >At the moment, a clip could be written for that. I
            >Let me know if you want it and I will whip it out.
            >There would be acaveat:
            >You'd need to always close with a particular library open.
            >I'm not sure
            >if that can be worked around but will look up the
            >information.
            >Stephen

            Thanks Stephen and Jody for your replies. Stephen, your
            help is appreciated, but it is really not that big a deal.
            I had just thought their might be a program setting
            somewhere that I had overlooked that would disable this
            feature. I remember looking at one program - might have
            been Word - that allowed you to adjust the number of files
            stored in the "most recently opened files list" (the
            "reopen" list in Notetab) - including a setting of 0 - for
            those of us who are a little paranoid about family members
            seeing what we've up to. :-o
            (I have all the paranoia features engaged in Tweakui!).

            I would like to suggest this as a future enhancement. In
            the meantime, I will just have to remember to clear the
            contents if I feel the need.

            Thanks again for the replies.

            Best,

            Alan

            abraswell@...
            Alan Braswell
            Houston, Texas
          • Harvey R. Savage
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 1, 2001
              Alan Braswell wrote:

              > I would like to suggest this as a future enhancement. In
              > the meantime, I will just have to remember to clear the
              > contents if I feel the need.
              >
              > Best,
              >
              > Alan
              >
              > abraswell@...
              > Alan Braswell
              > Houston, Texas

              Alan,

              You might consider this temporarily, it may be a while before
              that 'future enhancement' is implemented.

              Help file information about OnClose.

              H="OnClose"
              Automatically executes the OnClose Clip when library is closed
              (either by changing to another library or by closing the
              Clipbook). Holding the Shift key down cancels the execution of
              the Clip.

              -----------------------
              1 line clip to add to any libraries you might load during NoteTab
              use.
              or, you can change the name and add it to a clipbar.

              H="OnClose"
              ^!Keyboard Alt+f r enter enter

              hrs
            • Lotta
              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 1, 2001
                Oh, Harvey...

                Why did you tell him? I was thinking we could maybe convince Alan we needed
                to actually see the secret files to be able to help him. :(((

                Lotta

                >H="OnClose"
                >^!Keyboard Alt+f r enter enter
              • Forrest
                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 2, 2001
                  > >I know you can "clear the contents of the list", but I would
                  > >prefer to never have them displayed. Suggestions?

                  Speaking of turning off tracking, the ability to turn off URL tracking
                  should also be added. (I haven't found the NTP feature that makes use
                  of these tracked URLs, but there they are in the .ini file.)
                • Alec Burgess
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jun 3, 2001
                    >>I had just thought their might be a program setting
                    somewhere that I had overlooked that would disable this
                    feature. <<

                    Alan - The suggestions about clips to turn off and other methods, I think
                    ignore the "easy" method. Namely, create a special shortcut, using a Target
                    like the following. (I use mine so I can have an editor available, with a
                    different set of buttons on the toolbar, and a more restricted set of
                    commands on the context menu.)

                    >>"C:\Program Files\NoteTabs\NoteTab Pro\NotePro.exe" /NS "C:\My
                    Documents\ntbPasteBoards\thePasteBoard" /J=9999 /INI=ntbPaste
                    /INST=ntbPasteID<<

                    The key part, is to make a copy of the .INI file. Then no files will come up
                    by default except for ones (if any) that you specify in the Target. Regards
                    ... Alec
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jun 3, 2001
                      Hi Alec,

                      That would only work for the first time (or more if no files were
                      opened). The Reopen list (off the File menu) lists all the files
                      (up to 16) that have been opened and closed. The list is kept in
                      the active ini file under History it. So, once you opened and
                      shut down say five files the active/current ini file which the
                      shortcut points to would have five files in the Reopen list.

                      In many other cases though the /ini= in the shortcut would work.