Re: [NTB] is this a BUG

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2001
      Hi Harvey,

      >I just discovered that double-clicking the 'View In other
      >Browser' icon will open IE and display the focused file with no
      >further action! This is better than clicking the box in the
      >taskbar but still is not the way it worked before.

      That is what I do with links in the edit window to get the focus
      on the browser and go to the link. It seems to happen to me
      after I have been running for a few hours or if I am pounding
      browsers to death opening and closing. Thanks for the tip about
      double clicking on the icon.

      http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab
    • Harvey R. Savage
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2001
        Jody wrote:

        > Hi Harvey,
        >
        > >I just discovered that double-clicking the 'View In other
        > >Browser' icon will open IE and display the focused file with no
        > >further action! This is better than clicking the box in the
        > >taskbar but still is not the way it worked before.
        >
        > That is what I do with links in the edit window to get the focus
        > on the browser and go to the link. It seems to happen to me
        > after I have been running for a few hours or if I am pounding
        > browsers to death opening and closing. Thanks for the tip about
        > double clicking on the icon.
        >
        > Happy NoteTab'n,
        > Jody Adair

        Jody,

        I tried your suggestion about a fresh boot, it made no
        difference, still requires 2 clicks to display a file in IE.
        Also tried the Tweakui tip, no change.

        hrs
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 1, 2001
          Hi Harvey,

          >I tried your suggestion about a fresh boot, it made no
          >difference, still requires 2 clicks to display a file in IE. Also
          >tried the Tweakui tip, no change.

          Oh well, like I said I normally do not see it until being active
          for while. It is very aggravating though. I'm really glad you
          found out a double click would work. Actually, I don't ever have
          a problem with the buttons, it is with urls in the file that goes
          dead on me. I normally just keep clicking till it focuses or
          copy and paste into the address window of the browser. The same
          thing happens in Windows Explorer clicking on files, but that
          happens with other programs also and not right away. It takes
          awhile before it quits.

          http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab