Re: [NTB] is this a BUG

  • Harvey R. Savage
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2001
      David McIntosh wrote:

      > Before 4.85 when I open a html document in notetab and click on
      > "view in browser"and "view other browser" , netscape is the default
      > browser and internet explorer is the other browser both of them work the same way.
      >
      > In notetab 4.85 if I open the html document in "view in browser"
      > it opens correctly.
      >
      > In notetab 4.85 if I open the html document in "view other browser"
      > it opens onto the task bar only until i click on the "view other
      > browser" again then it comes up on top.
      >
      > In the options in notetab it set up below
      > c:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Iexplore.exe
      > C:\Program Files\Netscape\Communicator\Program\netscape.exe
      >
      > THANYOU DAVE

      Hello,

      My 'View in Browser' is set identically and it also doesn't work
      as it did previously. Not sure when it quit working as I don't
      use IE except for comparing displays. However, it did work in
      the recent past as it should, that is, both browsers would open
      completely when 'VIB' icon was clicked. IE opens to the taskbar
      and requires another click to display.

      hrs
    • Harvey R. Savage
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2001
        Harvey R Savage wrote:

        > David McIntosh wrote:
        > >
        > > In notetab 4.85 if I open the html document in "view in browser"
        > > it opens correctly.
        > >
        > > In notetab 4.85 if I open the html document in "view other browser"
        > > it opens onto the task bar only until i click on the "view other
        > > browser" again then it comes up on top.
        > >
        > > THANYOU DAVE
        >
        > Hello,
        >
        > My 'View in Browser' is set identically and it also doesn't work
        > as it did previously.
        >
        > IE opens to the taskbar and requires another click to display.
        >
        > hrs

        Hi again,

        I just discovered that double-clicking the 'View In other
        Browser' icon will open IE and display the focused file with no
        further action! This is better than clicking the box in the
        taskbar but still is not the way it worked before.

        hrs
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 1, 2001
          Hi Harvey,

          >I just discovered that double-clicking the 'View In other
          >Browser' icon will open IE and display the focused file with no
          >further action! This is better than clicking the box in the
          >taskbar but still is not the way it worked before.

          That is what I do with links in the edit window to get the focus
          on the browser and go to the link. It seems to happen to me
          after I have been running for a few hours or if I am pounding
          browsers to death opening and closing. Thanks for the tip about
          double clicking on the icon.

          http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab
        • Harvey R. Savage
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 1, 2001
            Jody wrote:

            > Hi Harvey,
            >
            > >I just discovered that double-clicking the 'View In other
            > >Browser' icon will open IE and display the focused file with no
            > >further action! This is better than clicking the box in the
            > >taskbar but still is not the way it worked before.
            >
            > That is what I do with links in the edit window to get the focus
            > on the browser and go to the link. It seems to happen to me
            > after I have been running for a few hours or if I am pounding
            > browsers to death opening and closing. Thanks for the tip about
            > double clicking on the icon.
            >
            > Happy NoteTab'n,
            > Jody Adair

            Jody,

            I tried your suggestion about a fresh boot, it made no
            difference, still requires 2 clicks to display a file in IE.
            Also tried the Tweakui tip, no change.

            hrs
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 1, 2001
              Hi Harvey,

              >I tried your suggestion about a fresh boot, it made no
              >difference, still requires 2 clicks to display a file in IE. Also
              >tried the Tweakui tip, no change.

              Oh well, like I said I normally do not see it until being active
              for while. It is very aggravating though. I'm really glad you
              found out a double click would work. Actually, I don't ever have
              a problem with the buttons, it is with urls in the file that goes
              dead on me. I normally just keep clicking till it focuses or
              copy and paste into the address window of the browser. The same
              thing happens in Windows Explorer clicking on files, but that
              happens with other programs also and not right away. It takes
              awhile before it quits.

              http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab