Re: [NTB] Templates and Clips

  • Stephen
    Message 1 of 3 , May 23, 2001
      Hi James,
      That is not exactly it. You can use multiple clip commands in a
      template.
      If you use H="anything" I don't know what will happen.

      (The first line of your template file needs to contain the instruction
      to use clip code, here is the example from the Help files:
      = DocTemplate ClipCode "Home%0.3d.htm"
      )
      Then you may use any command anywhere in the template.
      (It is as if the template is a huge clip. You probably already have
      dialog boxes in your templat and the ^& command.)
      The farclip command is just another command. An example would be that if
      you have these clips in your ILikeToClip clip library.

      H="BigHeadStart"
      <h1>

      H="BigHeadEnd"
      </h1>

      If you wanted the date created in your output file within an h1 header,
      you could put this in the template:

      <!--Begin Date Created Section-->
      ^!FarClip ILikeToClip:BigHeadStart
      ^$GetDate(yyyymmdd)$
      ^!FarClip ILikeToClip:BigHeadEnd
      <!--End Date Created Section-->

      Just two cautions:
      If your clip name or clip library name contains blank space, you want to
      enclose the library name and clip name in quotes ("I Like To
      Clip:Name").
      More arcanely, I find it confusing as to where the cursor is when I use
      one clip to implement another. It may be easier for you to just copy
      the clip code and insert it in your template. It all depends on how you
      think, and what has worked for you in the past.
      Good Luck,
      Stephen