Notetab and XML

  • Damaris Trust
    Message 1 of 3 , May 21, 2001
      Has anybody done anything with using NoteTab to write XML stuff? I'm
      just starting out with XML and would appreciate any advice. In
      particular, is there a problem because NoteTab doesn't cope with
      Unicode?

      Tony Watkins
      Message 2 of 3 , May 23, 2001
        Hi Tony,

        >Has anybody done anything with using NoteTab to write XML stuff?
        >I'm just starting out with XML and would appreciate any advice.

        You'd probably be better helped on the NoteTab and HTML list.

        >In particular, is there a problem because NoteTab doesn't cope
        >with Unicode?

        I don't know exactly what you are asking above, but see the
        "UNICODE files" Clips in the Utilities Library.

        http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab
      • Grant
        Message 3 of 3 , May 24, 2001
          >Has anybody done anything with using NoteTab to write XML stuff?
          >I'm just starting out with XML and would appreciate any advice

          Xml is a text file ,so Notetab is as good as any editor at opening reading
          and changing xml files.

          I have built several xml orientated clips , including an xml validator clip
          , fetching xml files from the web clip , and an extensive xhtml
          library(xhtml is an application of xml).
          Jelks also has several xml orientated clips in the clip repository

          You can also instantiate the msxml parser as a com object in the wsh from
          within notetab and work directly with the xml dom object using notetab clip
          language.
          If you want to know how to do this sign up to the html list.

          Rudolf Horbas has done some excellent work on Unicode support in browsers.
          http://home.munich.netsurf.de/Rudolf.Horbas/notetab/collection.htm