Re: [NTB] How do you make list items into

  • Vyper
    Message 1 of 4 , May 8, 2001
      From: "Clueless in Seattle" <clueless@...>
      To: "NoteTab List" <notetab@...>
      Sent: Wednesday, May 09, 2001 6:04 AM
      Subject: [NTB] How do you make list items into

      > I made this list:
      >
      > * DON'T wear perfume, cologne, after shave lotion, etc.
      > * DON'T use scented toiletries, lotions, shampoo, bath soap etc.
      > * DON'T wear clothes laundered with fabric softener or scented
      > detergent
      > * DON'T wear clothes dried with fabric softener dryer sheets
      > * DON'T wear clothes which have been exposed to cigarette smoke,
      > perfume, etc.
      > * DON'T use scented hair spray, mouse, gel, etc.
      >
      > But then I used the Modify|Lines|Join Lines command, and it ended up
      > like this:
      >
      > * DON'T wear perfume, cologne, after shave lotion, etc. * DON'T use
      > scented toiletries, lotions, shampoo, bath soap etc. * DON'T wear
      > clothes laundered with fabric softener or scented detergent * DON'T
      wear
      > clothes dried with fabric softener dryer sheets * DON'T wear clothes
      > which have been exposed to cigarette smoke, perfume, etc. * DON'T
      use
      > scented hair spray, mouse, gel, etc.
      >
      > Is there a way to tag each line in the list as a separate paragraph?

      I've found putting a blank line between each line keeps them seperate.
      So press ENTER on your keyboard after each line.
      It will then treat each line as a seperate paragraph and not join them
      all together.

      Vyper.........

    • Gauffin Claes
      Message 2 of 4 , May 9, 2001
        Hello Clueless,

        I have one solution for you in the Clips list

        Regards /Claes

      • Greg Chapman
        Message 3 of 4 , May 9, 2001
          Hi Clueless,

          > > But then I used the Modify|Lines|Join Lines command, and it ended up
          > > like this:

          I'm tempted to say. what else did you expect!

          In plain text, it's only a CR/LF that separates lines, so if you join them
          you are asking to delete the CR/LF

          Vyper is right. NoteTab recognises a CR/LF immediately following another as
          a "non-line" and therefore doesn't join (i.e. delete) it.

          Greg
        • Scott Fordin
          Message 4 of 4 , May 9, 2001
            Remember, if you select the lines you want to join first, then only those
            lines will be joined. By contrast, if you just position the cursor in a
            line and then click Join, whatever the next line is will be joined. Try
            selecting lines first.

            Scott