Re: [NTB] Re: More than just this list

  • Lloyd
    Message 1 of 4 , May 5, 2001
      Hi Michael and all,

      Might I suggest we take all these messages telling Jody how to run his
      lists to the off topic list or private mail?

      Lloyd
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      >Val writes:
      >
      > > Another suggestion from a new Group member, but a longtime
      > > OneList/eGroups/YahooGroups group owner, moderator and list member. (Wow,
      > > that's taking me back a while - it was called OneList originally, wasn't
      > > it? :) )
      >
      >Hi Val, pleased to meet you-
      >
      >Just like you and the poster before, I too moderate (help out
      >really) a group consisting of over 1500. While I couldn't begin
      >to guess the amount of time (and dedication) Jody brings to this
      >group, our experience was that a repeated posting of a small &
      >concise 'mini-faq' posted regularly like the middle of the month
      >(think cron job for *NIX boxen or some type of scheduling agent
      >for 9x/NT) proved to be invaluable. You kno' things like: keep it
      >topical, no lip service, wipe your feet before walking on the
      >carpet |-)
      >
      >best,
      >Mike
    • Scott Fordin
      Message 2 of 4 , May 5, 2001
        At 17:30 5/5/2001 -0500, Lloyd wrote:
        >Might I suggest we take all these messages telling Jody how to run his
        >lists to the off topic list or private mail?

        I for one would just like to say thank you to Jody for
        doing an overall outstanding job maintaining these lists.
        These lists are extremely active, consistently helpful,
        and a big value-add to the NoteTab product -- all due in
        greatest measure to Jody's efforts. He manages to keep all
        this stuff together with aplomb, all the while displaying
        an admirable level of technical knowledge, diplomacy, and
        good humor.

        Thanks, Jody!

        Scott
      • Wolfgang Strobl
        Message 3 of 4 , May 6, 2001
          > >Might I suggest we take all these messages telling Jody how to run his
          > >lists to the off topic list or private mail?
          >
          > I for one would just like to say thank you to Jody for
          > doing an overall outstanding job maintaining these lists.
          > These lists are extremely active, consistently helpful,
          > and a big value-add to the NoteTab product -- all due in
          > greatest measure to Jody's efforts. He manages to keep all
          > this stuff together with aplomb, all the while displaying
          > an admirable level of technical knowledge, diplomacy, and
          > good humor.
          >
          > Thanks, Jody!
          >
          > Scott

          Thanks, Jody!