Re: More than just this list

  • Michael S. Sanders
    Message 1 of 4 , May 5 9:04 AM
      Val writes:

      > Another suggestion from a new Group member, but a longtime
      > OneList/eGroups/YahooGroups group owner, moderator and list member. (Wow,
      > that's taking me back a while - it was called OneList originally, wasn't
      > it? :) )

      Hi Val, pleased to meet you-

      Just like you and the poster before, I too moderate (help out
      really) a group consisting of over 1500. While I couldn't begin
      to guess the amount of time (and dedication) Jody brings to this
      group, our experience was that a repeated posting of a small &
      concise 'mini-faq' posted regularly like the middle of the month
      (think cron job for *NIX boxen or some type of scheduling agent
      for 9x/NT) proved to be invaluable. You kno' things like: keep it
      topical, no lip service, wipe your feet before walking on the
      carpet |-)

      best,
      Mike
    • Lloyd
      Message 2 of 4 , May 5 3:30 PM
        Hi Michael and all,

        Might I suggest we take all these messages telling Jody how to run his
        lists to the off topic list or private mail?

        Lloyd
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        >Val writes:
        >
        > > Another suggestion from a new Group member, but a longtime
        > > OneList/eGroups/YahooGroups group owner, moderator and list member. (Wow,
        > > that's taking me back a while - it was called OneList originally, wasn't
        > > it? :) )
        >
        >Hi Val, pleased to meet you-
        >
        >Just like you and the poster before, I too moderate (help out
        >really) a group consisting of over 1500. While I couldn't begin
        >to guess the amount of time (and dedication) Jody brings to this
        >group, our experience was that a repeated posting of a small &
        >concise 'mini-faq' posted regularly like the middle of the month
        >(think cron job for *NIX boxen or some type of scheduling agent
        >for 9x/NT) proved to be invaluable. You kno' things like: keep it
        >topical, no lip service, wipe your feet before walking on the
        >carpet |-)
        >
        >best,
        >Mike
      • Scott Fordin
        Message 3 of 4 , May 5 5:01 PM
          At 17:30 5/5/2001 -0500, Lloyd wrote:
          >Might I suggest we take all these messages telling Jody how to run his
          >lists to the off topic list or private mail?

          I for one would just like to say thank you to Jody for
          doing an overall outstanding job maintaining these lists.
          These lists are extremely active, consistently helpful,
          and a big value-add to the NoteTab product -- all due in
          greatest measure to Jody's efforts. He manages to keep all
          this stuff together with aplomb, all the while displaying
          an admirable level of technical knowledge, diplomacy, and
          good humor.

          Thanks, Jody!

          Scott
        • Wolfgang Strobl
          Message 4 of 4 , May 6 2:34 AM
            > >Might I suggest we take all these messages telling Jody how to run his
            > >lists to the off topic list or private mail?
            >
            > I for one would just like to say thank you to Jody for
            > doing an overall outstanding job maintaining these lists.
            > These lists are extremely active, consistently helpful,
            > and a big value-add to the NoteTab product -- all due in
            > greatest measure to Jody's efforts. He manages to keep all
            > this stuff together with aplomb, all the while displaying
            > an admirable level of technical knowledge, diplomacy, and
            > good humor.
            >
            > Thanks, Jody!
            >
            > Scott

            Thanks, Jody!