Re: [NTB] Printing with NoteTab

    Message 1 of 14 , May 3, 2001
      Hi Jan,

      >> If you look around the Clipbook Repository, I think on the
      >> Utilities page, there is a link to download TxtPrint Library
      >> made by Eric. It is a printing utility that interfaces nicely
      >> with NotePro.

      >I downloaded the TxtPrint utility but I don't know how to use it
      >w NoteTab. Although quite nifty, it is also a bit 'primitive' in
      >some areas. Are you suggesting that it is better to bypass
      >NoteTab's print utility for 'TxtPrint'? TIA

      Yes, it is superior for a few reasons. You put txtprint.clb, the
      Library Eric make, in the Libraries folder. When you try to print
      (from the Library) you will be asked where txtprint10 is located
      at. (You can install it wherever you want.) You can use either
      of the two Clips and add them to your default Clipbar if you
      want. Once you tell NoteTab where txtprint is located you will
      not have to do it anymore. I like it the best that I have found,
      because it fits my needs. As Adrian pointed out he like another
      print utility than me. It is a matter of person preference.

      http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab
    • Jan Rifkinson
      • Adrian/ Rosemary Worsfold
        Message 3 of 14 , May 3, 2001
          I use Note Tab for the clips for text processing and also I use it for the
          conversion to HTML (etc.) and then refining the web page. It allows me to
          do economical web page coding, and the clips suit me. But on the few
          occasions I print out Edit Pad is very sueful for its print preview and
          headers and footers. Incidentally a friend with a laser printer finds that
          Edit Pad works once and not again until a reboot of the computer, whereas
          Note Tab prints every time. But Note Tab is blind to the printer, and
          cannot print out the headers he wants on every page.

          Adrian Worsfold

          http://www.pluralist.co.uk

        • Greg Chapman
          Message 4 of 14 , May 4, 2001
            Hi Jody,

            re: TxtPrint

            > I like it the best that I have found, because it fits my needs.
            > As Adrian pointed out he like another
            > print utility than me. It is a matter of person preference.

            TxtPrint suits me too though I found I wanted to change the defaults.

            I don't print a lot of program code I didn't want all those bent arrows all
            over the place and I wanted different headers and footers, but once I'd
            discovered the "Save Settings" option on the Edit menu, it became the ideal
            tool.

            As for Adrian's point about only printing in fixed width fonts, he's not
            investigated the program properly! If he clicks on the FONT tab at the
            bottom of the TxtPrint window and clears the "Show fixed width fonts in Font
            selection dialog" he'll be able to use what he wants!

            Greg
          • Adrian/ Rosemary Worsfold
            Message 5 of 14 , May 4, 2001
              I'll take another look at TxtPrint then. I don't dislike the idea of one
              piece of software supporting another, in that you don't need two ways to
              skin a cat, but I puzzle over Note Tab not having the printing preview
              facility itself.

              Adrian Worsfold

              http://www.pluralist.co.uk