Re: [NTB] Printing with NoteTab

  • Adrian/ Rosemary Worsfold
    Message 1 of 14 , May 3, 2001
      I gave up on Txtpring use because it wants to use fixed width fonts. I put
      a clip to use EditPad instead so after editing in NoteTab I can print
      preview and add headers, footers - the only problem being that these two
      don't agree over tab spacing, the reliability and regularity of Note Tab is
      not repeated.

      Adrian Worsfold

      http://www.pluralist.co.uk

      Message 2 of 14 , May 3, 2001
        Hi Jan,

        >> If you look around the Clipbook Repository, I think on the
        >> Utilities page, there is a link to download TxtPrint Library
        >> made by Eric. It is a printing utility that interfaces nicely
        >> with NotePro.

        >I downloaded the TxtPrint utility but I don't know how to use it
        >w NoteTab. Although quite nifty, it is also a bit 'primitive' in
        >some areas. Are you suggesting that it is better to bypass
        >NoteTab's print utility for 'TxtPrint'? TIA

        Yes, it is superior for a few reasons. You put txtprint.clb, the
        Library Eric make, in the Libraries folder. When you try to print
        (from the Library) you will be asked where txtprint10 is located
        at. (You can install it wherever you want.) You can use either
        of the two Clips and add them to your default Clipbar if you
        want. Once you tell NoteTab where txtprint is located you will
        not have to do it anymore. I like it the best that I have found,
        because it fits my needs. As Adrian pointed out he like another
        print utility than me. It is a matter of person preference.

        http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab
      • Jan Rifkinson
        • Adrian/ Rosemary Worsfold
          Message 4 of 14 , May 3, 2001
            I use Note Tab for the clips for text processing and also I use it for the
            conversion to HTML (etc.) and then refining the web page. It allows me to
            do economical web page coding, and the clips suit me. But on the few
            occasions I print out Edit Pad is very sueful for its print preview and
            headers and footers. Incidentally a friend with a laser printer finds that
            Edit Pad works once and not again until a reboot of the computer, whereas
            Note Tab prints every time. But Note Tab is blind to the printer, and
            cannot print out the headers he wants on every page.

            Adrian Worsfold

            http://www.pluralist.co.uk

          • Greg Chapman
            Message 5 of 14 , May 4, 2001
              Hi Jody,

              re: TxtPrint

              > I like it the best that I have found, because it fits my needs.
              > As Adrian pointed out he like another
              > print utility than me. It is a matter of person preference.

              TxtPrint suits me too though I found I wanted to change the defaults.

              I don't print a lot of program code I didn't want all those bent arrows all
              over the place and I wanted different headers and footers, but once I'd
              discovered the "Save Settings" option on the Edit menu, it became the ideal
              tool.

              As for Adrian's point about only printing in fixed width fonts, he's not
              investigated the program properly! If he clicks on the FONT tab at the
              bottom of the TxtPrint window and clears the "Show fixed width fonts in Font
              selection dialog" he'll be able to use what he wants!

              Greg
            • Adrian/ Rosemary Worsfold
              Message 6 of 14 , May 4, 2001
                I'll take another look at TxtPrint then. I don't dislike the idea of one
                piece of software supporting another, in that you don't need two ways to
                skin a cat, but I puzzle over Note Tab not having the printing preview
                facility itself.

                Adrian Worsfold

                http://www.pluralist.co.uk