Re: [NTB] Printing with NoteTab

  • Jan Rifkinson
    Message 1 of 14 , May 2, 2001
      --- In notetab@y..., Jody <av1611@e...> wrote:
      > Pro and Std/Light use different input controls and that might be
      > the reason why you cannot print from Pro but do from Light. If
      > you look around the Clipbook Repository, I think on the Utilities
      > page, there is a link to download TxtPrint Library made by Eric.
      > It is a printing utility that interfaces nicely with NotePro.
      >
      > To create a new ini file, close NoteTab and rename NotePro.ini
      > found in its main folder (NoteTab.ini for Std/Light). Start up
      > NoteTab and it will use its default settings actually creating the
      > ini file when you shut down NoteTab.

      I downloaded the TxtPrint utility but I don't know how to use it w
      NoteTab. Although quite nifty, it is also a bit 'primitive' in some
      areas. Are you suggesting that it is better to bypass NoteTab's print
      utility for 'TxtPrint'? TIA

      Jan Rifkinson
      Ridgefield, CT USA
      The Bat! v1.52/WinMe
      NoteTab Pro v4.85
      ICQ 41116329
    • STinky
      Message 2 of 14 , May 2, 2001
        Eric,

        Thanks for your reply. I reset Note Tab Pro to the default setting
        and it still does not wrap to the right margin.

        --Nat--

        --- In notetab@y..., "Eric G.V. Fookes" <egroups@f...> wrote:
        > Hello Nat,
        >
        > >Thanks for your reply about printing from Note Tab. I have word
        wrap
        > >turned on when I am editing a document and also when I go to print
        > >that same document. Not using a print utility.
        > >
        > >Interestingly, I downloaded and installed Note Tab Lite, opened the
        > >same document in that program and the document wraps and prints
        > >perfectly. Go figure, eh?
        >
        > There's no reason for the feature working in one version and not
        the other.
        > Both use exactly the same print engine. Would it be due to
        differences in
        > your settings for margins or fonts (see in the Print dialog box)?
        >

        > Regards,
        > Eric G.V. Fookes
        > Author of NoteTab, Mailbag Assistant, and Album Express
        > http://www.fookes.com/ and http://www.notetab.com/

      • Adrian/ Rosemary Worsfold
        Message 3 of 14 , May 3, 2001
          I gave up on Txtpring use because it wants to use fixed width fonts. I put
          a clip to use EditPad instead so after editing in NoteTab I can print
          preview and add headers, footers - the only problem being that these two
          don't agree over tab spacing, the reliability and regularity of Note Tab is
          not repeated.

          Adrian Worsfold

          http://www.pluralist.co.uk

          Message 4 of 14 , May 3, 2001
            Hi Jan,

            >> If you look around the Clipbook Repository, I think on the
            >> Utilities page, there is a link to download TxtPrint Library
            >> made by Eric. It is a printing utility that interfaces nicely
            >> with NotePro.

            >I downloaded the TxtPrint utility but I don't know how to use it
            >w NoteTab. Although quite nifty, it is also a bit 'primitive' in
            >some areas. Are you suggesting that it is better to bypass
            >NoteTab's print utility for 'TxtPrint'? TIA

            Yes, it is superior for a few reasons. You put txtprint.clb, the
            Library Eric make, in the Libraries folder. When you try to print
            (from the Library) you will be asked where txtprint10 is located
            at. (You can install it wherever you want.) You can use either
            of the two Clips and add them to your default Clipbar if you
            want. Once you tell NoteTab where txtprint is located you will
            not have to do it anymore. I like it the best that I have found,
            because it fits my needs. As Adrian pointed out he like another
            print utility than me. It is a matter of person preference.

            http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab
          • Jan Rifkinson
            • Adrian/ Rosemary Worsfold
              Message 6 of 14 , May 3, 2001
                I use Note Tab for the clips for text processing and also I use it for the
                conversion to HTML (etc.) and then refining the web page. It allows me to
                do economical web page coding, and the clips suit me. But on the few
                occasions I print out Edit Pad is very sueful for its print preview and
                headers and footers. Incidentally a friend with a laser printer finds that
                Edit Pad works once and not again until a reboot of the computer, whereas
                Note Tab prints every time. But Note Tab is blind to the printer, and
                cannot print out the headers he wants on every page.

                Adrian Worsfold

                http://www.pluralist.co.uk

              • Greg Chapman
                Message 7 of 14 , May 4, 2001
                  Hi Jody,

                  re: TxtPrint

                  > I like it the best that I have found, because it fits my needs.
                  > As Adrian pointed out he like another
                  > print utility than me. It is a matter of person preference.

                  TxtPrint suits me too though I found I wanted to change the defaults.

                  I don't print a lot of program code I didn't want all those bent arrows all
                  over the place and I wanted different headers and footers, but once I'd
                  discovered the "Save Settings" option on the Edit menu, it became the ideal
                  tool.

                  As for Adrian's point about only printing in fixed width fonts, he's not
                  investigated the program properly! If he clicks on the FONT tab at the
                  bottom of the TxtPrint window and clears the "Show fixed width fonts in Font
                  selection dialog" he'll be able to use what he wants!

                  Greg
                • Adrian/ Rosemary Worsfold
                  Message 8 of 14 , May 4, 2001
                    I'll take another look at TxtPrint then. I don't dislike the idea of one
                    piece of software supporting another, in that you don't need two ways to
                    skin a cat, but I puzzle over Note Tab not having the printing preview
                    facility itself.

                    Adrian Worsfold

                    http://www.pluralist.co.uk