Re: [NTB] Printing with NoteTab

    Message 1 of 14 , May 1, 2001
      Hi Nat,

      >Thanks for your reply about printing from Note Tab. I have word wrap
      >turned on when I am editing a document and also when I go to print
      >that same document. Not using a print utility.
      >
      >Interestingly, I downloaded and installed Note Tab Lite, opened the
      >same document in that program and the document wraps and prints
      >perfectly. Go figure, eh?

      Pro and Std/Light use different input controls and that might be
      the reason why you cannot print from Pro but do from Light. If
      you look around the Clipbook Repository, I think on the Utilities
      page, there is a link to download TxtPrint Library made by Eric.
      It is a printing utility that interfaces nicely with NotePro.

      To create a new ini file, close NoteTab and rename NotePro.ini
      found in its main folder (NoteTab.ini for Std/Light). Start up
      NoteTab and it will use its default settings actually creating the
      ini file when you shut down NoteTab.

      Alternatively, if you have a backup ini file or do not care if you
      loose your settings, startup NoteTab while holding the Ctrl key
      down. You will be prompted asking if you want to reset NoteTab's
      settings. If you choose "Yes" it will be the same as a new install
      or creating a new ini file like above. You will loose all your
      current settings.

      http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab
    • Eric G.V. Fookes
      Message 2 of 14 , May 1, 2001
        Hello Nat,

        >Thanks for your reply about printing from Note Tab. I have word wrap
        >turned on when I am editing a document and also when I go to print
        >that same document. Not using a print utility.
        >
        >Interestingly, I downloaded and installed Note Tab Lite, opened the
        >same document in that program and the document wraps and prints
        >perfectly. Go figure, eh?

        There's no reason for the feature working in one version and not the other.
        Both use exactly the same print engine. Would it be due to differences in
        your settings for margins or fonts (see in the Print dialog box)?

        Regards,
        Eric G.V. Fookes

      • Jan Rifkinson
        Message 3 of 14 , May 2, 2001
          --- In notetab@y..., Jody <av1611@e...> wrote:
          > Pro and Std/Light use different input controls and that might be
          > the reason why you cannot print from Pro but do from Light. If
          > you look around the Clipbook Repository, I think on the Utilities
          > page, there is a link to download TxtPrint Library made by Eric.
          > It is a printing utility that interfaces nicely with NotePro.
          >
          > To create a new ini file, close NoteTab and rename NotePro.ini
          > found in its main folder (NoteTab.ini for Std/Light). Start up
          > NoteTab and it will use its default settings actually creating the
          > ini file when you shut down NoteTab.

          I downloaded the TxtPrint utility but I don't know how to use it w
          NoteTab. Although quite nifty, it is also a bit 'primitive' in some
          areas. Are you suggesting that it is better to bypass NoteTab's print
          utility for 'TxtPrint'? TIA

          Jan Rifkinson
          Ridgefield, CT USA
          The Bat! v1.52/WinMe
          NoteTab Pro v4.85
          ICQ 41116329
        • STinky
          Message 4 of 14 , May 2, 2001
            Eric,

            Thanks for your reply. I reset Note Tab Pro to the default setting
            and it still does not wrap to the right margin.

            --Nat--

            --- In notetab@y..., "Eric G.V. Fookes" <egroups@f...> wrote:
            > Hello Nat,
            >
            > >Thanks for your reply about printing from Note Tab. I have word
            wrap
            > >turned on when I am editing a document and also when I go to print
            > >that same document. Not using a print utility.
            > >
            > >Interestingly, I downloaded and installed Note Tab Lite, opened the
            > >same document in that program and the document wraps and prints
            > >perfectly. Go figure, eh?
            >
            > There's no reason for the feature working in one version and not
            the other.
            > Both use exactly the same print engine. Would it be due to
            differences in
            > your settings for margins or fonts (see in the Print dialog box)?
            >

            > Regards,
            > Eric G.V. Fookes
            > Author of NoteTab, Mailbag Assistant, and Album Express
            > http://www.fookes.com/ and http://www.notetab.com/

          • Adrian/ Rosemary Worsfold
            Message 5 of 14 , May 3, 2001
              I gave up on Txtpring use because it wants to use fixed width fonts. I put
              a clip to use EditPad instead so after editing in NoteTab I can print
              preview and add headers, footers - the only problem being that these two
              don't agree over tab spacing, the reliability and regularity of Note Tab is
              not repeated.

              Adrian Worsfold

              http://www.pluralist.co.uk

              Message 6 of 14 , May 3, 2001
                Hi Jan,

                >> If you look around the Clipbook Repository, I think on the
                >> Utilities page, there is a link to download TxtPrint Library
                >> made by Eric. It is a printing utility that interfaces nicely
                >> with NotePro.

                >I downloaded the TxtPrint utility but I don't know how to use it
                >w NoteTab. Although quite nifty, it is also a bit 'primitive' in
                >some areas. Are you suggesting that it is better to bypass
                >NoteTab's print utility for 'TxtPrint'? TIA

                Yes, it is superior for a few reasons. You put txtprint.clb, the
                Library Eric make, in the Libraries folder. When you try to print
                (from the Library) you will be asked where txtprint10 is located
                at. (You can install it wherever you want.) You can use either
                of the two Clips and add them to your default Clipbar if you
                want. Once you tell NoteTab where txtprint is located you will
                not have to do it anymore. I like it the best that I have found,
                because it fits my needs. As Adrian pointed out he like another
                print utility than me. It is a matter of person preference.

                  Message 8 of 14 , May 3, 2001
                    I use Note Tab for the clips for text processing and also I use it for the
                    conversion to HTML (etc.) and then refining the web page. It allows me to
                    do economical web page coding, and the clips suit me. But on the few
                    occasions I print out Edit Pad is very sueful for its print preview and
                    headers and footers. Incidentally a friend with a laser printer finds that
                    Edit Pad works once and not again until a reboot of the computer, whereas
                    Note Tab prints every time. But Note Tab is blind to the printer, and
                    cannot print out the headers he wants on every page.

                    Adrian Worsfold

                    http://www.pluralist.co.uk

                  • Greg Chapman
                    Message 9 of 14 , May 4, 2001
                      Hi Jody,

                      re: TxtPrint

                      > I like it the best that I have found, because it fits my needs.
                      > As Adrian pointed out he like another
                      > print utility than me. It is a matter of person preference.

                      TxtPrint suits me too though I found I wanted to change the defaults.

                      I don't print a lot of program code I didn't want all those bent arrows all
                      over the place and I wanted different headers and footers, but once I'd
                      discovered the "Save Settings" option on the Edit menu, it became the ideal
                      tool.

                      As for Adrian's point about only printing in fixed width fonts, he's not
                      investigated the program properly! If he clicks on the FONT tab at the
                      bottom of the TxtPrint window and clears the "Show fixed width fonts in Font
                      selection dialog" he'll be able to use what he wants!

                      Greg
                    • Adrian/ Rosemary Worsfold
                      Message 10 of 14 , May 4, 2001
                        I'll take another look at TxtPrint then. I don't dislike the idea of one
                        piece of software supporting another, in that you don't need two ways to
                        skin a cat, but I puzzle over Note Tab not having the printing preview
                        facility itself.

                        Adrian Worsfold

                        http://www.pluralist.co.uk