Auto indent

  • Derek Barnes
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 30 9:56 PM
      Hi everyone,

      I am using NoteTab lite, version 4.85 with auto-indent and word-wrap turned on.

      When typing a short line and hitting <enter>, the next line auto-indents OK, but with a long line which word-wraps, the next line does not indent.

      Is there some other option that I have missed here, or am I asking too much??

      tia,
      derek barnes

      FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2001
        Hi Derek,

        NoteTab considers a line/paragraph text until it comes to the
        hard line break (CRLF). Try using Documents | Set Word Wrap. You
        can try out Join Lines and Split Lines also. I like the Reformat
        tool myself, but it will reformat the whole (or selected text) so
        short lines like a list bets joined together at times when you do
        not want the joined. Clips can be made for all the settings
        mentioned above and more, but you need to subscribe NoteTab Clips
        list. See my sigline for it.

        >I am using NoteTab lite, version 4.85 with auto-indent and word-
        >wrap turned on.
        >
        >When typing a short line and hitting <enter>, the next line auto-
        >indents OK, but with a long line which word-wraps, the next line
        >does not indent.
        >
        >Is there some other option that I have missed here, or am I
        >asking too much??

        To Subscribe to or UnSubscribe from any of the following
        Mailing Lists send an empty post to the appropriate list(s)
        using the eMail address to the right of the list name:

        To Subscribe to or UnSubscribe from any of the following
        Mailing Lists send an empty post to the appropriate list(s)
        using the eMail address to the right of the list name:

        Subscribe
        ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
        The NoteTab Basic List................. NoteTab-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com
        The NoteTab Clips List................. ntb-Clips-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com
        The NoteTab ClipsClass List............ ntb-ClipClass-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com
        The NoteTab HTML List.................. ntb-HTML-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com
        The NoteTab Next Release List.......... ntb-NextRelease-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com
        The NoteTab Off-Topic List............. ntb-OffTopic-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com
        The NoteTab Announcements List......... ntb-Announcements-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com
        The Album Express List................. Album-Express-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com
        The Mailbag Assistant List............. MailBag-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com
        The Fookes Software Next Release List.. FS-NextRelease-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com

        UnSubscribe
        ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
        The NoteTab Basic List................. NoteTab-UnSubscribe@yahoogroups.com

        Happy Tab'n, Clip'n, Edit'n, Test'n, &...
        Jody Adair
        Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23
        http://www.notetab.net
      • Tom Thomas
        Message 3 of 5 , May 15, 2001
          I turn on my computer today and notetab won't start. Keep getting this message:

          Exception EWin32Error in module NOTEPRO.EXE at 0000DD57
          A Win32 API function failed.

          When I hit ok in the box Notetab closes. Rebooted computer two times, same
          thing happens. How can this be solved?

          Thanks,
          Tom Thomas
        • Tom Thomas
          Message 4 of 5 , May 15, 2001
            I got it to work. Still don't know what was causing it. I first tried
            re-installing the program. That didn't work. Then I used the un-install
            program and then re-installed. That worked. Rebooted computer and it's
            still working. Oh yeah, fortunately I thought about copying my libraries to
            another directory before un-installing. My custom libraries would have been
            lost otherwise.

            Tom Thomas

            Message 5 of 5 , May 15, 2001
              Hi Tom,

              You can try opening NoteTab's ini file in another editor and
              remove the links to the files in the [AutoLoad] section. If that
              does not fix it try a new ini file altogether. To create a new
              ini file, close NoteTab and rename NotePro.ini found in its main
              folder (NoteTab.ini for Std/Light). Start up NoteTab and it will
              use its default settings actually creating the ini file when you
              shut down NoteTab.

              Alternatively, if you have a backup ini file or do not care if you
              loose your settings, startup NoteTab while holding the Ctrl key
              down. You will be prompted asking if you want to reset NoteTab's
              settings. If you choose "Yes" it will be the same as a new install
              or creating a new ini file like above. You will loose all your
              current settings.

              http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab