Html tag completion component

  • vm@gte.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 27, 2001
      Is there a free noteTab component for
      'Html tag completion' ?
      Where to get it etc..
      Thanks!
    • Lotta
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 28, 2001
        Hi,

        >Is there a free noteTab component for
        > 'Html tag completion' ?

        Not in the sense I suspect you mean. But close.

        Have a look at Auto-replace Mode (Tools menu). When Auto-replace is checked
        and you type the name, or beginning of the name, of a clip in an open clip
        library followed by an activation key, the clip will be executed.

        If you for instance have a clip named "P" that pasts "<p></p> into the
        document, typing "p" followed by space bar will get it done.

        You can also write special auto-replace libraries. HTML-ar that is included
        in the NTB download is an example of this.

        The full story can be read in the Help file (Reference information | Tools
        | Auto-replace Mode). Hopefully Help explains it better than I do. Have fun!

        Lotta
      • Grant
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 29, 2001
          > >Is there a free noteTab component for
          > > 'Html tag completion' ?
          >
          > Not in the sense I suspect you mean. But close.
          >
          > Have a look at Auto-replace Mode (Tools menu). When Auto-replace
          > is checked
          > and you type the name, or beginning of the name, of a clip in an
          > open clip
          > library followed by an activation key, the clip will be executed.

          You can also try using the in-Context Clipbook feature
          With any clip library open (try the HTML library that came with NTP)
          With cursor at tag insert position
          Hit the esc key
          A dropdown list will appear
          Type in the beginning of your tag
          The drop down list will auto complete to the clip names in the library that
          begin with the letters you type.
          Hit enter
          Notetab comes with a set of clip libraries. You can also import libraries
          other notetab users have made from the clip book repository.
          My xhtml clip library arranges its tag order clips alphabetically so the
          incontext feature can be easily deployed as an auto complete feature.

          Hope this helps