Re: [NTB] Printing with NoteTab

  • David McIntosh
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 27, 2001
      HI
      You will find you will have to turn on word-wrap on in your options when
      you hit print you have to have both screen and printer are to different
      things.

      THANKYOU DAVE

      STinky wrote:

      > I recently purchased a NoteTab license and really enjoy the program.
      > One problem I am having is printing. I have wordwrap turned on in the
      > document I am editing and I can view it fine on screen. When I print
      > the document, some lines run off the right side of the page and text
      > is "missing." What setting do I need to change in order to correct
      > this problem so all the text prints out? Using WIN98 and printing to
      > a HP LaserJet 2100.
      >
      > TIA
      >
      > NAT

    • STinky
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 29, 2001
        David,

        Thanks for your help. I have word wrap turned on in both screen view
        and print, any other suggestions?

        NAT

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 30, 2001
          Hi Nat,

          >Thanks for your help. I have word wrap turned on in both screen
          >view and print, any other suggestions?

          It appears you are trying to use a printing with a print utility.
          I'm asking because you mention "screen view". Does that mean
          "print preview?" If so, try not using it and keep word wrap
          checked in the Print... options.

          >--- In notetab@y..., David McIntosh <dgmc@s...> wrote:
          >> HI
          >> You will find you will have to turn on word-wrap on in your
          >> options when you hit print you have to have both screen and
          >> printer are to different things.
          >>
          >> THANKYOU DAVE
          >>
          >> STinky wrote:
          >> > I recently purchased a NoteTab license and really enjoy the
          >> > program. One problem I am having is printing. I have wordwrap
          >> > turned on in the document I am editing and I can view it fine
          >> > on screen. When I print the document, some lines run off the
          >> > right side of the page and text is "missing." What setting do
          >> > I need to change in order to correct this problem so all the
          >> > text prints out? Using WIN98 and printing to a HP LaserJet
          >> > 2100.

          http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab
        • STinky
          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 30, 2001
            Jody,

            Thanks for your reply about printing from Note Tab. I have word wrap
            turned on when I am editing a document and also when I go to print
            that same document. Not using a print utility.

            Interestingly, I downloaded and installed Note Tab Lite, opened the
            same document in that program and the document wraps and prints
            perfectly. Go figure, eh?

            Nat

            Message 5 of 14 , May 1, 2001
              Hi Nat,

              >Thanks for your reply about printing from Note Tab. I have word wrap
              >turned on when I am editing a document and also when I go to print
              >that same document. Not using a print utility.
              >
              >Interestingly, I downloaded and installed Note Tab Lite, opened the
              >same document in that program and the document wraps and prints
              >perfectly. Go figure, eh?

              Pro and Std/Light use different input controls and that might be
              the reason why you cannot print from Pro but do from Light. If
              you look around the Clipbook Repository, I think on the Utilities
              page, there is a link to download TxtPrint Library made by Eric.
              It is a printing utility that interfaces nicely with NotePro.

              To create a new ini file, close NoteTab and rename NotePro.ini
              found in its main folder (NoteTab.ini for Std/Light). Start up
              NoteTab and it will use its default settings actually creating the
              ini file when you shut down NoteTab.

              Alternatively, if you have a backup ini file or do not care if you
              loose your settings, startup NoteTab while holding the Ctrl key
              down. You will be prompted asking if you want to reset NoteTab's
              settings. If you choose "Yes" it will be the same as a new install
              or creating a new ini file like above. You will loose all your
              current settings.

              http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab
            • Eric G.V. Fookes
              Message 6 of 14 , May 1, 2001
                Hello Nat,

                >Thanks for your reply about printing from Note Tab. I have word wrap
                >turned on when I am editing a document and also when I go to print
                >that same document. Not using a print utility.
                >
                >Interestingly, I downloaded and installed Note Tab Lite, opened the
                >same document in that program and the document wraps and prints
                >perfectly. Go figure, eh?

                There's no reason for the feature working in one version and not the other.
                Both use exactly the same print engine. Would it be due to differences in
                your settings for margins or fonts (see in the Print dialog box)?

                Regards,
                Eric G.V. Fookes

              • Jan Rifkinson
                Message 7 of 14 , May 2, 2001
                  --- In notetab@y..., Jody <av1611@e...> wrote:
                  > Pro and Std/Light use different input controls and that might be
                  > the reason why you cannot print from Pro but do from Light. If
                  > you look around the Clipbook Repository, I think on the Utilities
                  > page, there is a link to download TxtPrint Library made by Eric.
                  > It is a printing utility that interfaces nicely with NotePro.
                  >
                  > To create a new ini file, close NoteTab and rename NotePro.ini
                  > found in its main folder (NoteTab.ini for Std/Light). Start up
                  > NoteTab and it will use its default settings actually creating the
                  > ini file when you shut down NoteTab.

                  I downloaded the TxtPrint utility but I don't know how to use it w
                  NoteTab. Although quite nifty, it is also a bit 'primitive' in some
                  areas. Are you suggesting that it is better to bypass NoteTab's print
                  utility for 'TxtPrint'? TIA

                  Jan Rifkinson
                  Ridgefield, CT USA
                  The Bat! v1.52/WinMe
                  NoteTab Pro v4.85
                  ICQ 41116329
                • STinky
                  Message 8 of 14 , May 2, 2001
                    Eric,

                    Thanks for your reply. I reset Note Tab Pro to the default setting
                    and it still does not wrap to the right margin.

                    --Nat--

                    --- In notetab@y..., "Eric G.V. Fookes" <egroups@f...> wrote:
                    > Hello Nat,
                    >
                    > >Thanks for your reply about printing from Note Tab. I have word
                    wrap
                    > >turned on when I am editing a document and also when I go to print
                    > >that same document. Not using a print utility.
                    > >
                    > >Interestingly, I downloaded and installed Note Tab Lite, opened the
                    > >same document in that program and the document wraps and prints
                    > >perfectly. Go figure, eh?
                    >
                    > There's no reason for the feature working in one version and not
                    the other.
                    > Both use exactly the same print engine. Would it be due to
                    differences in
                    > your settings for margins or fonts (see in the Print dialog box)?
                    >

                    > Regards,
                    > Eric G.V. Fookes
                    > Author of NoteTab, Mailbag Assistant, and Album Express
                    > http://www.fookes.com/ and http://www.notetab.com/

                  • Adrian/ Rosemary Worsfold
                    Message 9 of 14 , May 3, 2001
                      I gave up on Txtpring use because it wants to use fixed width fonts. I put
                      a clip to use EditPad instead so after editing in NoteTab I can print
                      preview and add headers, footers - the only problem being that these two
                      don't agree over tab spacing, the reliability and regularity of Note Tab is
                      not repeated.

                      Adrian Worsfold

                      http://www.pluralist.co.uk

                      Message 10 of 14 , May 3, 2001
                        Hi Jan,

                        >> If you look around the Clipbook Repository, I think on the
                        >> Utilities page, there is a link to download TxtPrint Library
                        >> made by Eric. It is a printing utility that interfaces nicely
                        >> with NotePro.

                        >I downloaded the TxtPrint utility but I don't know how to use it
                        >w NoteTab. Although quite nifty, it is also a bit 'primitive' in
                        >some areas. Are you suggesting that it is better to bypass
                        >NoteTab's print utility for 'TxtPrint'? TIA

                        Yes, it is superior for a few reasons. You put txtprint.clb, the
                        Library Eric make, in the Libraries folder. When you try to print
                        (from the Library) you will be asked where txtprint10 is located
                        at. (You can install it wherever you want.) You can use either
                        of the two Clips and add them to your default Clipbar if you
                        want. Once you tell NoteTab where txtprint is located you will
                        not have to do it anymore. I like it the best that I have found,
                        because it fits my needs. As Adrian pointed out he like another
                        print utility than me. It is a matter of person preference.

                        http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab
                      • Jan Rifkinson

                          Hello Adrian, Thanks for responding to my post.

                          On Thursday, May 03, 2001 11:52:49 [ +0000 GMT], you wrote the
                          following in regards to ' Printing with NoteTab':

                          Adrian/> I gave up on Txtpring use because it wants to use fixed width fonts.

                          This part of it doesn't bother me because I only use for quite
                          notes to myself, etc. Drag & drop is very quick & useful. What
                          bothers me is I can't seem to change header/footer font size. And
                          I would like to be able to move different files onto the same
                          page, thus reducing my paper use a little more.

                          Adrian/> I put a clip to use EditPad instead so after editing in NoteTab I can print
                          Adrian/> preview and add headers, footers - the only problem being that these two
                          Adrian/> don't agree over tab spacing, the reliability and regularity of Note Tab is
                          Adrian/> not repeated.

                          I'm not sure I understand your usage here. Why not just dump
                          NoteTab (I realize this is a NoteTab list) & use EditPad?

                          - --
                          Jan Rifkinson
                          Ridgefield, CT USA
                          NoteTab Pro v4.85
                          PGP Key ID: 0x3F14A060
                          The Bat! v1.52/WinMe
                          ICQ 41116329

                        • Adrian/ Rosemary Worsfold
                          Message 12 of 14 , May 3, 2001
                            I use Note Tab for the clips for text processing and also I use it for the
                            conversion to HTML (etc.) and then refining the web page. It allows me to
                            do economical web page coding, and the clips suit me. But on the few
                            occasions I print out Edit Pad is very sueful for its print preview and
                            headers and footers. Incidentally a friend with a laser printer finds that
                            Edit Pad works once and not again until a reboot of the computer, whereas
                            Note Tab prints every time. But Note Tab is blind to the printer, and
                            cannot print out the headers he wants on every page.

                            Adrian Worsfold

                            http://www.pluralist.co.uk

                          • Greg Chapman
                            Message 13 of 14 , May 4, 2001
                              Hi Jody,

                              re: TxtPrint

                              > I like it the best that I have found, because it fits my needs.
                              > As Adrian pointed out he like another
                              > print utility than me. It is a matter of person preference.

                              TxtPrint suits me too though I found I wanted to change the defaults.

                              I don't print a lot of program code I didn't want all those bent arrows all
                              over the place and I wanted different headers and footers, but once I'd
                              discovered the "Save Settings" option on the Edit menu, it became the ideal
                              tool.

                              As for Adrian's point about only printing in fixed width fonts, he's not
                              investigated the program properly! If he clicks on the FONT tab at the
                              bottom of the TxtPrint window and clears the "Show fixed width fonts in Font
                              selection dialog" he'll be able to use what he wants!

                              Greg
                            • Adrian/ Rosemary Worsfold
                              Message 14 of 14 , May 4, 2001
                                I'll take another look at TxtPrint then. I don't dislike the idea of one
                                piece of software supporting another, in that you don't need two ways to
                                skin a cat, but I puzzle over Note Tab not having the printing preview
                                facility itself.

                                Adrian Worsfold

                                http://www.pluralist.co.uk