Re: [NTB] Remote invocation of a clip?

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 14, 2001
      Hi Paul,

      >One of my most useful clips is Jody's NoteBack, which reformats
      >email lines.

      I'm glad somebody else gets good use out of it besides me who
      wears it out daily. I use to think the only problem with it was
      running its course when I did not want it to when copying text.
      You may know this, but when you copy hold the Ctrl key down long
      enough so when it gets to the PasteBack command the text is
      blocked from being pasted. ;)

      >I'm wondering if there is any way to invoke/uninvoke the clip
      >remotely, say by desktop shortcut or keyboard accelerator, rather
      >than by Restoring NoteTab, finding the clip, double-clicking to
      >turn it on, etc.

      You can do that with a shortcut using the Clip name that you want
      to run in the RunClip part below. (Use quotes if there are
      spaces: /L="LibraryName:RunClip")

      /L=LibraryName:RunClip
      Changes the default Clip library to the one indicated by
      LibraryName (without extension or path). Optionally use RunClip
      to specify a Clip to execute once NoteTab is open.

      Use the Activate command to keep the focus on your eMail program.
      Please sign up for the Clips list for more discussion or write me
      private eMail.

      >NoteTab is always running

      Yeppers!

      Happy Clip'n!