this rowboat just joined the carrier fleet; help requested

  • deigloria@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 7, 2001
      My son showed me Notetab. Awesome! I'm a writer/teacher and may make
      it my main word processor. A few questions.

      1. There seems to be only 3 fonts available. What can I do to access
      other fonts?

      2. Can the

      I do nearly all my writing in an outline format.
      2. The NoteTab outline shows the text only following one heading at a
      time. Is there a way to show the text under more than one heading
      simultaneously?

      3. Is there a way to number the outline points automatically?

      4. Is there a way to generate nested subheadings automatically, like:
      I, A, 1., a. ?

      Thank you, anyone and everyone who may wish to help.

      God bless you.

      Bill Anselm wst@...
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 14, 2001
        Hi Bill,

        >My son showed me Notetab. Awesome! I'm a writer/teacher and may make
        >it my main word processor.

        Glad you like NoteTab. It is a text editor, not a word processor FWIW.

        >1. There seems to be only 3 fonts available. What can I do to access
        >other fonts?

        NoteTab Pro can only view fixed width fonts in documents. NoteTab
        Standard/Light can view those and also variable width fonts.
        Please see Help | NoteTab Glossary for more information on the
        difference between the two. Pro and Std/Light use a different
        input control. In version 5 that difference will be done away
        with.

        >2. Can the

        Like I totally agree, dude! ;->

        >2. The NoteTab outline shows the text only following one heading
        >at a time. Is there a way to show the text under more than one
        >heading simultaneously?

        No, sorry.

        >3. Is there a way to number the outline points automatically?

        A Clip could do that, but you need to sign up for the Clips list
        for that. (See my sigline.)

        >4. Is there a way to generate nested subheadings automatically, like:
        >I, A, 1., a. ?

        See point 3. ;) Version 5 will have a tree-view outline.

        Happy Clip'n!

        Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
        http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips