Shared clip library

  • traeton@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 6, 2001
      I work in an environment where several of us would like to use some
      of the same clip libraries. How do you tell Notetab that some of your
      libraries are on a network drive?
    • Jim Hall
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 6, 2001
        At 05:33 AM 4/6/01, you wrote:
        >I work in an environment where several of us would like to use some
        >of the same clip libraries. How do you tell Notetab that some of your
        >libraries are on a network drive?
        Look into the "FarClip" Command in the Help menu.

        Jim
      • jerry@allianceresearch.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 6, 2001
          --- In notetab@y..., traeton@y... wrote:
          > I work in an environment where several of us would like to use some
          > of the same clip libraries. How do you tell Notetab that some of
          your
          > libraries are on a network drive?

          I do the same thing where I work. I installed notetab on the network
          drive for everyone to access. Then I put an icon on all of the
          desktops the starts notetab from the network drive, but uses the
          notetab.ini file on the PC's c: drive. Also, make sure that you do
          not allow multiple instances.
        • trey.rogers@amd.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 6, 2001
            Thanks so much for your help. Here is what I found:

            1.The directory was shared. It is a network drive. I just couldn't
            figure out how to get NoteTab to see a library outside of its library
            folder.

            2.The farclip thing was interesting. There is even a command that
            should let you open a library from any directory. It wouldn't work
            for me. I could open a local library with the command, but it ignored
            the command if I tried to open a remote directory. I tried with a
            fully qualified path ("x:\directory\filename.clb") and a path with no
            extension ("x:\directory\filename")(I had high hopes for this one
            because to open local libraries you drop the .clb). I didn't go
            further to see if I actually could open individual clips because it
            would not have been helpful at this time.

            3.Bingo! I set up the free version so that everyone could run it from
            their desktop (Wow! A program that doesn't insist on bloating up the
            registry, requiring an install, or any other headaches with this much
            versatility? Wow!). I am going to talk to my boss about buying us a
            site license for the Pro version, but I have to prove the usefulness
            of the product first.

            Thanks again!
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 14, 2001
              Hi Traeton,

              >I work in an environment where several of us would like to use some
              >of the same clip libraries. How do you tell Notetab that some of your
              >libraries are on a network drive?

              The FarClip command can be used as Jim mentioned. You can also
              set up one computer with all the Libraries. In Options go to the
              Advanced tab of the copies of NoteTab that *do not* have the
              "master" Libraries in them and add the path to the copy that does
              have them in the "Support Files Location" field. The user could
              switch back and forth from his Libraries to the "Support Files".

              Happy Clip'n!

              Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
              http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips