Re: [NTB] Setting one tab stop at column 19

  • Stephen
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 5, 2001
      Hi Kenneth,
      Glad to have you aboard.
      From what I understand, it was a trade-off.
      NoteTabPro has a more sophisticated way of handling file information
      than NoteTabLight. I think this is probably the most profound difference
      between the two. Although this makes it faster, you can configure its
      behaviour better (Help says wrap to column, scroll past end of line,
      real/fixed/smart tabs, multiple-level undo/redo, bookmarks. . .), there
      are some things which it does not do at all, like supporting
      variable-width fonts (except in the GUI), and tab support is different.
      Bunches of us have NoteTabPro as our main editor, and NoteTabLight in a
      different folder. That way we get it all.
      I cannot answer for what Eric Fookes will decide to do next, but doubt
      if he'll add all the Light's features into Pro because the result would
      probably be so unweildy we (you and I) would not like the editor any
      more.
      Have fun,
      Stephen