Main features of NoteTab ?

  • hsegal@supertips.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 5, 2001
      There is a newsletter which has asked
      readers for useful tools.

      I want to tell them about NoteTab and give
      a brief list of the MAIN features

      This is what I have so far
      - The ability to open and edit many documents at once
      - Drag and drop editing
      - Clipbook tool for reusing common extracts of text
      - Favorites list to quickly open files or directories
      - A 'PasteBoard' feature whereby anything you
      copy to the clipboard is automatically pasted
      into the current document, allowing you to accumulate
      a clippings type file.

      Any additions/improvements please ?

      Thanks
      Harvey Segal
      hsegal@...
    • Eric G.V. Fookes
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 5, 2001
        Hello Harvey,

        >There is a newsletter which has asked
        >readers for useful tools.
        >
        >I want to tell them about NoteTab and give
        >a brief list of the MAIN features

        Great!

        >This is what I have so far
        >- The ability to open and edit many documents at once
        >- Drag and drop editing
        >- Clipbook tool for reusing common extracts of text
        >- Favorites list to quickly open files or directories
        >- A 'PasteBoard' feature whereby anything you
        > copy to the clipboard is automatically pasted
        > into the current document, allowing you to accumulate
        > a clippings type file.
        >
        >Any additions/improvements please ?

        You might find some inspiration from the following page:

        http://www.notetab.com/ftp/ntp-unique.htm

        Regards,
        Eric G.V. Fookes

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 5, 2001
          Hi Harvey,

          >I want to tell them about NoteTab and give a brief list of the
          >MAIN features
          >Any additions/improvements please ?

          Main advantages of NoteTab Pro over NoteTab Std:

          Speed
          Very fast "Replace All" command
          URL and HTML-tag highlighting
          Multiple-level undo/redo
          Option to show nonprinting characters
          Bookmarks
          Wrap to column in real time
          Line-number ruler
          Choice between real/fixed/smart tabs

          Main advantages of NoteTab Std over NoteTab Pro:

          Works better with Asian languages
          Can use variable width fonts in document window
          Multiple tabulator settings (Distance between tab stops)
          16 MB paragraph size

          See the Comparison Chart in Help.
          I tried to squeeze everything I could into (which includes some
          of Eric's stuff I proudly stole ;)

          Overview of NoteTab Pro
          []NoteTab Pro []Trial version []19.95 Buy Now!
          Search no further, you've finally found your editor! It is simple
          to use for the beginner, so if that is you, don't let the rest of
          this scare you off! NoteTab Pro is a program anybody can grow
          with. It has so much power that making it very unfortunate if
          passed this one up, especially without even looking at it!
          NoteTab Pro is the one single program you cannot do without.
          Winner of many top shareware industry awards, this elegant
          application does it all.

          The Pro comes l-o-a-d-e-d with all the features expected in a
          text editor plus a full range of powerhouse tools and features
          which are too many to list here: spell checker and thesaurus,
          tabbed interface for files allows quick switching between open
          files, outlines, second window, bookmarks, export and insert text
          files, a customizable toolbar with over 90 tools, main menu has
          over 115 items under the nine main menu items with over 145
          additional items counting all the sub-menus, build multiple
          Clipbars (a type of toolbar) that you can add existing (or your
          own) scripts/Clips to and use customized buttons; very fast find
          and/or replace text in disk files (with or without confirmation;
          checkbox window), very fast global search and replace in multiple
          open documents, supports regular expressions, PERL and GAWK,
          multiple searches in one pass with scripting code; word
          statistics and count occurrences; block (column) editing, view
          non-printing characters, match brackets, Quick List to open or
          manage disk files from, automatic replace of text (auto-correct),
          multiple undo and redo, opens very large files, make and edit
          your own custom ini files and retrieve data from them, tools for
          changing case, eMail quote and unquote; real, fixed, or smart
          tabs (tabs to spaces, single space), join and split lines;
          read/edit/save Windows, DOS, MAC, UNIX formats, paste board to
          capture all text copied to the Clipboard until turned off, easy
          to manage favorites list, reopen loaded documents on shut down,
          calculate figures right in the edit window or in scripts; icon in
          tray option, commandline switches, and much more...

          NoteTab Pro is loaded with HTML features such as: xhtml (convert
          to or write) and ASP support, some customizable HTML syntax
          highlighting, one click web page making with default settings
          with Document to HTML (which can be edited) or build your own
          scripts to make your web pages exactly the way you want them
          using the Clipbook Editor or templates, multiple browser preview
          (can be configured for as many as you want), change HTML tags on
          the fly (xhtml, lower/upper case, etc.), built in color picker
          with automatic insertion into source; Tidy.exe, CSEValidator and
          TopStyle support. There are many HTML Clipbook Libraries made by
          users of NoteTab for all sorts of HTML formats making your web
          page building a breeze!

          The Clipbook has over 850 commands and functions; you can even
          make your own functions or call your Clips from a closed disk
          file! That makes it possible to manipulate text like you have
          never imagined and format HTML and text the way you want it, not
          the way some programmer thinks you want it. Its a real steal at
          an unbeatable value of only US$19.95!

          http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab