Spell checker marking partial words

  • Daniel Prince
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 5, 2001
      I have been spell checking a large file today (51624 characters, 4838
      words, and 759 others) and I have noticed that the spell checker in
      Note Tab Standard 4.85 (4.84 did it too) is marking parts of words as
      misspelled. For example it marked the "littl" part of the word:
      "littlest" as misspelled.

      I just spell checked the whole file. I clicked ignore on all marked
      words. The first time it marked a partial word was on line 798. It
      marked a total of 52 partial words as misspelled. This includes
      markings of the middle or end of a word. (For example if it marked a
      word three times, I counted that as three separate markings so the
      total number of words is less than 52 but not much less.)

      If I stop the spell check and go back to the beginning of the
      partially marked word then it won't mark the partial word again. If I
      click ignore on that word it will then mark the same partial word as
      misspelled. If I copy the section of the file with the previous
      unknown word and the partially marked word to a new file it doesn't
      happen.

      Does anyone know why this is happening and what, if anything, I can do
      about it? Thank you in advance for all replies.
      --
      I keep making my vegetable garden bigger and bigger but it still is never
      big enough to grow all the vegetables I want to grow. I started in 1999
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 5, 2001
        Hello Daniel,

        >I have been spell checking a large file today (51624 characters, 4838
        >words, and 759 others) and I have noticed that the spell checker in
        >Note Tab Standard 4.85 (4.84 did it too) is marking parts of words as
        >misspelled. For example it marked the "littl" part of the word:
        >"littlest" as misspelled.

        I was not aware of this problem. I've taken note of your feedback and will
        look into it when I work on the next maintenance release...

        Regards,
        Eric G.V. Fookes

      • Daniel Prince
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 5, 2001
          On Thu, 05 Apr 2001 14:36:00 +0200, Eric G.V. Fookes wrote:

          >Hello Daniel,
          >
          >>I have been spell checking a large file today (51624 characters, 4838
          >>words, and 759 others) and I have noticed that the spell checker in
          >>Note Tab Standard 4.85 (4.84 did it too) is marking parts of words as
          >>misspelled. For example it marked the "littl" part of the word:
          >>"littlest" as misspelled.
          >
          >I was not aware of this problem. I've taken note of your feedback and will
          >look into it when I work on the next maintenance release...

          Please let me know if you can reproduce the problem.
          --
          I keep making my vegetable garden bigger and bigger but it still is never
          big enough to grow all the vegetables I want to grow. I started in 1999
          with a 7.5' by 3' plot. Later that year I added a 4' by 4' and my brother
          added a 8' by 3' in 2000 I expanded it to 18.5 by 4'. I still want more.
        • Larry Hamilton
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 6, 2001
            Eric,

            I have noticed this before when words are broken across lines. I
            just thought it was a spell checker dictionary limitation, so I never
            reported it.

            Larry

            On 5 Apr 2001, at 14:36, Eric G.V. Fookes wrote:
            > I was not aware of this problem. I've taken note of your feedback and
            > will look into it when I work on the next maintenance release...
            >

            > Regards,
            > Eric G.V. Fookes
            > Author of NoteTab, Mailbag Assistant, and Album Express
            > http://www.fookes.com/ and http://www.notetab.com/

            Larry Hamilton, Jr.
            lm_hamilton@...
            http://notlimah.tripod.com/
            http://www.hamiltongensociety.org/

          • Daniel Prince
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 6, 2001
              On Fri, 6 Apr 2001 17:23:26 -0500, Larry Hamilton, Jr. wrote:

              >I have noticed this before when words are broken across lines. I
              >just thought it was a spell checker dictionary limitation, so I never
              >reported it.

              None of the word that were partially marked in my document were broken
              across lines.