Re: [NTB] Re: Hyperlink to String in another Outline

  • Manuel
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 1, 2001
      I read in Use Web and Document Links on help of notetab:

      * The following hyperlink [readme.txt::outline] will display the
      "readme.txt" file. As it is not an Outline file, NoteTab assumes the
      second criteria "outline" is text criteria to search and will select
      the first occurrence of the word "outline". Note that you will have to
      specify the full path name if the file is not in the same directory as
      the document containing the hyperlink.

      I think you can not use a link to a word in outline document. If the
      document it's a outline the second word it's the name of the item and
      not the word that you whish looking for.

      Manuel
      ---
      http://manuel123.8m.com
    • MH7
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 2, 2001
        > >Still seems to me that one can only hyperlink from one Outline to
        > >another Outline Heading, and not to a string in the body of the
        > >other Outline (maybe I worded my question badly at first). eg:
        > >
        > >[important.otl::meetings] will only search for a Heading
        > >"meetings", and not the word "meetings" in the topic itself. Is
        > >there a way around this?

        > No, that is the way it is. Perhaps if Eric does another
        > maintenance update to 4.85. I can tell that you know why we
        > cannot do it now, that it Outline to Outline to word from what
        > you wrote. I would think [important.otl:: meetings ] could look
        > for the string, or probably better:
        >
        > File Heading Search Criteria Options
        > [important.otl::Meetings::Thursday afternoon::^I]
        >
        > Would find the "Meetings" heading and then search for "Thursday
        > afternoon" case sensitive.

        Hi Jody,

        I think your "example" more logical than what I was trying to ask for
        in the first place, and would be a big improvement. I have a few
        Outline files, and each headed topic is split into many sections. It
        would be great if I could specify a hyperlink path like this.

        I note the Heading must be the full heading (case insensitive) and so
        I guess the tokens are irrelevent for Outlines as they currently work.

        Mark Halsall
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 2, 2001
          Hi Mark,

          I believe we might see something like below in v5. I doubt Eric
          messes with it in v4 since he will be switching to a hierarchical
          (treeview) in v5 which I suppose will require a total rewrite.

          http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab
        • featch@freeuk.com
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 2, 2001
            Is there an easy was to sort on a particular column?
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 3, 2001
              Hi Featch,

              >Is there an easy was to sort on a particular column?

              If you get my NoteBlock it has a Clip in it that will
              sort specified columns, plus a lot more when working
              with delimited files. I think you can get it from:
              http://www.notetab.net/html/library.htm

              http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab
            • laloukitty@aol.com
              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 3, 2001
                Please let me know how to UNSUBSCRIBE from the "notetabs" email group. Thank
                you. MLB
              • featch@freeuk.com
                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 5, 2001
                  On Tue, 03 Apr 2001 06:55:33 -0500, Jody <av1611@...> wrote:

                  >Hi Featch,
                  >
                  >>Is there an easy was to sort on a particular column?
                  >
                  >If you get my NoteBlock it has a Clip in it that will
                  >sort specified columns, plus a lot more when working
                  >with delimited files. I think you can get it from:
                  >http://www.notetab.net/html/library.htm

                  Hi Jody,

                  I'm afraid I have been unable to figure out which clip in Noteblock will
                  allow me to do this. :-\

                  Martin.
                  Message 8 of 12 , Apr 14, 2001
                    Hi Martin,

                    >>>Is there an easy was to sort on a particular column?
                    >>
                    >>http://www.notetab.net/html/library.htm

                    >I'm afraid I have been unable to figure out which clip in Noteblock will
                    >allow me to do this. :-\

                    I'm sorry for the very late reply; been sick, very busy, etc.

                    It is "Sort by Field..." I use a function that gets the same
                    field in each line. If I am right in my thinking, that you are
                    trying to sort a delimited file by using a column number, then
                    the above Clip should work for you.

                    Happy Clip'n!

                    Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
                    http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips