Re: [NTB] Re: Hyperlink to String in another Outline

    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 1, 2001
      Hi Mark,

      >Still seems to me that one can only hyperlink from one Outline to
      >another Outline Heading, and not to a string in the body of the
      >other Outline (maybe I worded my question badly at first). eg:
      >
      >[important.otl::meetings] will only search for a Heading
      >"meetings", and not the word "meetings" in the topic itself. Is
      >there a way around this?

      No, that is the way it is. Perhaps if Eric does another
      maintenance update to 4.85. I can tell that you know why we
      cannot do it now, that it Outline to Outline to word from what
      you wrote. I would think [important.otl:: meetings ] could look
      for the string, or probably better:

      File Heading Search Criteria Options
      [important.otl::Meetings::Thursday afternoon::^I]

      Would find the "Meetings" heading and then search for "Thursday
      afternoon" case sensitive.

      I suppose you figured out that the following will open ReadMe.txt
      (if in NoteTab's main folder) and search for "Hope you enjoy
      using NoteTab!"

      [readme.txt::Hope you enjoy using NoteTab!]

      >Do you mean double colon rather than semi-colon?

      >> You can add text after the semi-colon so it will be colored
      >> also.

      I was thinking of Clipbook Libraries when I mentioned that.

      http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab
    • Manuel
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 1, 2001
        I read in Use Web and Document Links on help of notetab:

        * The following hyperlink [readme.txt::outline] will display the
        "readme.txt" file. As it is not an Outline file, NoteTab assumes the
        second criteria "outline" is text criteria to search and will select
        the first occurrence of the word "outline". Note that you will have to
        specify the full path name if the file is not in the same directory as
        the document containing the hyperlink.

        I think you can not use a link to a word in outline document. If the
        document it's a outline the second word it's the name of the item and
        not the word that you whish looking for.

        Manuel
        ---
        http://manuel123.8m.com
      • MH7
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 2, 2001
          > >Still seems to me that one can only hyperlink from one Outline to
          > >another Outline Heading, and not to a string in the body of the
          > >other Outline (maybe I worded my question badly at first). eg:
          > >
          > >[important.otl::meetings] will only search for a Heading
          > >"meetings", and not the word "meetings" in the topic itself. Is
          > >there a way around this?

          > No, that is the way it is. Perhaps if Eric does another
          > maintenance update to 4.85. I can tell that you know why we
          > cannot do it now, that it Outline to Outline to word from what
          > you wrote. I would think [important.otl:: meetings ] could look
          > for the string, or probably better:
          >
          > File Heading Search Criteria Options
          > [important.otl::Meetings::Thursday afternoon::^I]
          >
          > Would find the "Meetings" heading and then search for "Thursday
          > afternoon" case sensitive.

          Hi Jody,

          I think your "example" more logical than what I was trying to ask for
          in the first place, and would be a big improvement. I have a few
          Outline files, and each headed topic is split into many sections. It
          would be great if I could specify a hyperlink path like this.

          I note the Heading must be the full heading (case insensitive) and so
          I guess the tokens are irrelevent for Outlines as they currently work.

          Mark Halsall
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 2, 2001
            Hi Mark,

            I believe we might see something like below in v5. I doubt Eric
            messes with it in v4 since he will be switching to a hierarchical
            (treeview) in v5 which I suppose will require a total rewrite.

          • featch@freeuk.com
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 2, 2001
              Is there an easy was to sort on a particular column?
              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 3, 2001
                Hi Featch,

                >Is there an easy was to sort on a particular column?

                If you get my NoteBlock it has a Clip in it that will
                sort specified columns, plus a lot more when working
                with delimited files. I think you can get it from:
                http://www.notetab.net/html/library.htm

                http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab
              • laloukitty@aol.com
                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 3, 2001
                  Please let me know how to UNSUBSCRIBE from the "notetabs" email group. Thank
                  you. MLB
                • featch@freeuk.com
                  Message 8 of 12 , Apr 5, 2001
                    On Tue, 03 Apr 2001 06:55:33 -0500, Jody <av1611@...> wrote:

                    >Hi Featch,
                    >
                    >>Is there an easy was to sort on a particular column?
                    >
                    >If you get my NoteBlock it has a Clip in it that will
                    >sort specified columns, plus a lot more when working
                    >with delimited files. I think you can get it from:
                    >http://www.notetab.net/html/library.htm

                    Hi Jody,

                    I'm afraid I have been unable to figure out which clip in Noteblock will
                    allow me to do this. :-\

                    Martin.
                    Message 9 of 12 , Apr 14, 2001
                      Hi Martin,

                      >>>Is there an easy was to sort on a particular column?
                      >>
                      >>http://www.notetab.net/html/library.htm

                      >I'm afraid I have been unable to figure out which clip in Noteblock will
                      >allow me to do this. :-\

                      I'm sorry for the very late reply; been sick, very busy, etc.

                      It is "Sort by Field..." I use a function that gets the same
                      field in each line. If I am right in my thinking, that you are
                      trying to sort a delimited file by using a column number, then
                      the above Clip should work for you.

                      Happy Clip'n!

                      Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
                      http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips