Re: [NTB] ??Moving lines back to column 1

  • David McIntosh
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 30, 2001
      hI
      If you have not saved it yet just click undo.
      THANKS DAVE

      gail wrote:

      > I highlighted lines and tabbed them over to column 3 (Real tabs)
      > . I'd like them back to column one, but it's too late to undo it
      > via ^Z. How can I move them all back to the left margin? If not
      > possible with real tabs, would it be possible if I used another
      > type of tabs? Thank you.
      > Gail

    • Bryan Guignard
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 30, 2001
        > If you have the "Undo after save" option turned on, you can undo any
        > changes back to when you first opened the file.
        > Then the undo list is not deleted until you actually close the file.

        I've been using NoteTab for about 6 months now, and this undo after save is a
        feature that has completely eluded me. Thanks for pointing it out! I already
        turned it on and I know I will benefit from using it.

        Bryan
      • Jim Hall
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 31, 2001
          Gail, Dave, et al,

          You wrote:

          >hI
          >If you have not saved it yet just click undo.
          > THANKS DAVE
          >
          >gail wrote:
          > >
          > > I highlighted lines and tabbed them over to column 3 (Real tabs)
          > > . I'd like them back to column one, but it's too late to undo it
          > > via ^Z. How can I move them all back to the left margin? If not
          > > possible with real tabs, would it be possible if I used another
          > > type of tabs? Thank you.
          > > Gail

          FWIW

          If you have the "Undo after save" option turned on, you can undo any
          changes back to when you first opened the file.
          Then the undo list is not deleted until you actually close the file.

          Often you can accomplish the above by highlighting the shifted text and
          "Left Justify" it.

          Otherwise, NoteTab's "Search and Replace" will essentially do a multiple
          "erase/delete" if you simply leave the "Replace" field blank.

          Hope it helps.

          Jim
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 31, 2001
            Hi Bryan and Jim,

            >> Then the undo list is not deleted until you actually close the
            >> file.
            >
            >I've been using NoteTab for about 6 months now, and this undo
            >after save is a feature that has completely eluded me. Thanks for
            >pointing it out! I already turned it on and I know I will benefit
            >from using it.

            Multiple-level undo/redo is only available in the Pro version.
            One can only do one undo/redo in Std/Light.

            Thanks Jim for all your, as usual, great answers. I've been kind
            of tied up lately.

            http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab