Re: [NTB] Command/function reference

  • Glenn Dixon
    Message 1 of 19 , Jul 23, 1998
      if you look at the latest ClipSyntax.txt file it is organized
      alphabetically.....also the ClipHelp.clh you can open on the right side of
      the window is pretty good....organized by type of function as well as
      alphabetically. It is not 'complete' enough for my likes, but then I
      haven't jumped in and finished it out either :o).............some day,
      some day........

      --
      Glenn E. Dixon
      webwide@...

      ----
    • Sami Järvinen

        Message 3 of 19 , Jul 23, 1998
          23.07.1998 7:07 PM Sami Järvinen wrote

          > Has someone made/is someone planning on making a complete clip
          > command/function reference? If not, I might give it a try.

          > ReadThis.otl is not very good because the commands are not categorized
          > in any way. Also it would be good to have some examples for beginners.
          > However, I'm not planning on writing a clip language programming
          > manual/tutorial, my English isn't good enough for that :)

          !Commands.otl (listed on Eric's clipbook page toward the bottom)
          was a good start but I don't know if it's been updated recently.
          Your English seems fine to me. Go for it! We're all quite adept
          at offering suggestions for improvements once you get it started
          :) Take a look at http://freedom.n-i.com/notetab/clipsyntax.otl
          for some ideas or a starting place. I got it all together by
          category & then decided to stick with WhatsNew.otl - I'm more
          alphebetical by nature.

          By the way, I also put the file at
          http://freedom.n-i.com/notetab/clipsyntax.txt in case you don't
          have your browser set up to associate .otl files with NoteTab.
          My browser (Opera) had to be told even though Windows already
          knew.

          --- Grandma Kay
          NoteTab Tips & Clips weekly Newsletter
          notetab-tips-subscribe@...
          or http://www.bigfoot.com/~freedom9

          ----
        • Jody Adair
          Message 4 of 19 , Jul 23, 1998
            Hi Kay, Sami, and All,

            >> ReadThis.otl is not very good because the commands are not categorized
            >> in any way. Also it would be good to have some examples for beginners.
            >> However, I'm not planning on writing a clip language programming
            >> manual/tutorial, my English isn't good enough for that :)

            I'm always open for more helpers!

            I use two clips to help with that for now. The first is
            here which opens a .txt file that I have only the commands
            and functions in alphabetical order in it. the thing I
            like about it is I use it for when I now the command I need
            but not too sure about the spelling/format of it. I can
            type in say "appp" and it will open up at ^$GetAppPath$ with
            it highlighted. If I am real sure I know enough of the
            command that it will find the one I am looking for then I
            can have the file automatically closed and then the command
            will paste right into my clip. If not, then I just leave it
            open and I can do a regular find from there. I also use one
            like it in Eric's .clh that will paste right into a clip.

            ^!SET %Working%=^$GetDocIndex$
            ^!OPEN ^$GetAppPath$Help\ComQuickRef.txt
            ^!JUMP DOC_START
            ^!Set %Copy%="^?[Type a few key letters of a command, searches backwards=CLIP COMMANDS^=COMMANDS|IF|Jump|Toolbar |Set |_Select |$Get|$Is|$Str|CLIP FUNCTIONS^=FUNCTIONS]"
            ^!FIND ^%Copy% TIWAB
            ^!JUMP Line_Start
            ^!SELECT EOL
            ^!GOTO ^?[Do you want QuickRef to close after copying?==Yes, select, copy, close QuickRef, and then paste^=Close|_No, not sure - need to search QuickRef^=Search]
            :Close
            ^!TOOLBAR Copy
            ^!Close
            ^!SETDOCINDEX ^%Working%
            ^!InsertText ^$GetClipboard$^p

            This one opens up the text file I made from Eric's ver450 in his otl at the bottom that has all the new commands and changes. In it also you can type in a certain amount of text to get to a command that you are pretty sure about:

            ^!OPEN ^$GetAppPath$Help\Ver450.txt
            ^!JUMP Doc_Start
            ^!SET %Select%="^?[Choose or type any few letters in a row, searches forward=CLIP COMMANDS (V4.5)|CLIPBOOK SYNTAX (V4.5)|NEW/CHANGED (V4.5)|_CLIP FUNCTIONS (V4.5)]"
            ^!FIND ^%Select% TIWAB
            ^!JUMP Line_Start
            ^!SELECT EOL

            c ya,
            Jody
            Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

            http://www.mindspring.com/~kjb1611

            ----
          • Kay Roath
            Message 5 of 19 , Jul 23, 1998
              23.08.1998 9:45 PM Keith Gardner wrote

              > Grandma Kay did a nice job with the clip reference (ClipSyntax.txt) that
              > is included with the Note Tab Pro final beta 1.

              That's Eric's file with just a copy of a msg I had sent to
              explain some stuff. SHOOT! I forgot to mention that the copy of
              the clipsyntax.otl that I put on my site as clipsyntax.txt SHOULD
              NOT BE SAVED with that name. It was just in case anyone had
              trouble getting the clipsyntax.otl

              --- Grandma Kay
              NoteTab Tips & Clips weekly Newsletter
              notetab-tips-subscribe@...
              or http://www.bigfoot.com/~freedom9

              ----
            • Ron Cadby
              Message 6 of 19 , Jul 24, 1998
                On Thu, 23 Jul 1998 21:59:38 -0500, you wrote:

                > begin snip here --------- ~8<---------

                My browser (Opera) had to be told even though Windows already
                knew.

                > end snip here --------- ~8<---------

                Hi Kay,

                A bit outside the thread, but my Opera 'stutters' when going to URLs ending
                with *.otl and *.txt, i.e. the download goes part way and quits. I have to stop
                it and re-initiate the URL which dutifully and swiftly completes the task
                including opening SNT.

                How 'bout you?.......Ron
                --

                Best to all, RonCadby mailto:rcadby@... http://www.check.com

                ----
              • Eric G.V. Fookes
                Message 7 of 19 , Jul 24, 1998
                  Hi Glenn,

                  >also the ClipHelp.clh you can open on the right side of
                  >the window is pretty good....organized by type of function as well as
                  >alphabetically. It is not 'complete' enough for my likes, but then I
                  >haven't jumped in and finished it out either :o)

                  If something is missing, please tell me. I have tried hard to add all the
                  commands and functions (there are many!) and I may have missed a couple.

                  Best regards,
                  Eric G.V. Fookes <fookes@...>
                  Author of the award-winning NoteTab text editors for Windows
                  and also the 1998 "People's Choice" award!

                  ----
                • Sami Järvinen
                  Message 8 of 19 , Jul 24, 1998
                    > Your English seems fine to me. Go for it! We're all quite adept
                    > at offering suggestions for improvements once you get it started
                    > :) Take a look at http://freedom.n-i.com/notetab/clipsyntax.otl
                    > for some ideas or a starting place. I got it all together by

                    Thanks :)

                    > category & then decided to stick with WhatsNew.otl - I'm more
                    > alphebetical by nature.

                    I usually look for commands which perform some particular task, and in
                    that case categories are useful. I'll of course make an index too.

                    ----
                  • Wayne M. VanWeerthuizen
                    Message 9 of 19 , Jul 29, 1998
                      NoteTabReference.OTL

                      is now available on my homepage, or directly from:

                      http://www2.localaccess.com/waynemv/ntr45fb1.zip

                      It includes a revised version of whatsnew.otl, updated based on
                      Eric's ClipSyntax.txt. It also includes my rework of the printable
                      page of keyboard shortcuts. It also integrates Eric's "ReadMe.otl".

                      Basically, I tried to include all the useful helps into a single
                      package, and see that they were updated for NoteTab 4.5 Final Beta #1.

                      There may still be some mistakes. I also am getting ready to add
                      cross-references between the clip commands. For example, the explanation
                      of the [ActivateApp] command will contain a link to [MinimizeApp].

                      I've already make a list of what commands relate to each other, I just
                      need to add it to the outline.

                      But I am busy now, and won't get to that until tomorrow. ;-)

                      I plan to later write some examples to explain various of the
                      commands.

                      --
                      Wayne M. VanWeerthuizen ICQ: 15117288

                      Find out about the BEST Text/HTML editor for Windows!
                      My Homepage: http://www2.localaccess.com/waynemv

                      Libertarians for Privacy RC5-64 Cracking Team
                      http://homepages.together.net/~hardy/VTLP/rc5.html

                      ----
                    • Kay Roath
                      Message 10 of 19 , Jul 29, 1998
                        29.07.1998 4:48 PM Wayne M. VanWeerthuizen wrote

                        > NoteTabReference.OTL

                        Just got it & skimming - in Outline section, needs to make it
                        clear to Lite users that they can't edit/save Outlines.

                        How about NoteTabRef.otl? I've got enough problems with those
                        stupid floating file tabs without long file names making more
                        lines :(

                        I prefer the format of the Keyboard Shortcut heading in WhatsNew
                        to the one you're using. It's easier in an Outline with not much
                        screen space. I think it came out of the help file.

                        Ctrl+Alt to get out of a clip should be somewhere around the top
                        & easy to find.

                        Good idea putting the ReadMe.otl in with the other stuff. Might
                        also consider the FAQ/How To from the help file & the problems
                        from Eric's web site - forget just what it's called.

                        --- Grandma Kay - NoteTab Tips & Clips weekly Newsletter
                        notetab-tips-subscribe@...
                        **new subscribers** - Important info & past issues

                        Message 11 of 19 , Aug 1, 1998
                          Hi Wayne:

                          What you're trying to do is admirable, and I can hardly wait till tomorrow
                          to download the file. I very much like this cross reference enterprise of
                          yours.
                          It is not something you can do in 24 hours, though. Too complex.
                          Here are some omissions I found, and I probably omitted a lot too. Though
                          it is not what you or I would prefer, we'll have to send you our new
                          discoveries over time, so you can do the necessary updates.

                          Here's my contribution for the time being, up to GetDocIndex:

                          ;*********************************************************

                          Dos
                          [Dos] [Email] [GetDosOutput] [GetOutput] [GetScriptPath]
                          [GetStdErrorName] [Run] [RunGawk] [RunPerl] [RunScript] [SetStdErrorName]
                          [Sound] [StatusClose] [StatusShow]

                          ADD:^$GetSysPath$
                          ____________________
                          Find
                          [Find] [GetLine] [GetSelection] [Jump] [StrIndex] [StrPos] [StrReplace]

                          ADD: GetWord, GetBlock, GetChar, GetField, Replace, Goto
                          _________________
                          GetAppPath
                          [ActivateApp] [GetAppPath] [GetGawkExe] [GetLibraryPath] [GetPath]
                          [GetPerlExe] [GetScriptPath] [GetSoundPath] [GetTemplatePath] [GetTempFile]
                          [GetTmpPath] [GetWinPath] [GetWord] [Goto] [GotoBookmark] [IfPathExist]

                          ADD:^$GetSysPath$
                          _________________
                          GetClipboard
                          [CopyClip] [GetClipboard] [GetClipboardSize] [GetSelection]
                          [IsPasteBoard] [SetClipboard]

                          ADD: Select, Copy, Paste, OnClipboardChange, ^$GetPasteboardDivider$,
                          ^$GetSelSize$

                          _________________
                          GetClipboardSize
                          [GetClipboard] [GetClipboardSize] [SetClipboard]

                          (Shouldn't have same entries (links) as GetClipboard
                          __________________

                          GetCol
                          [GetChar] [GetCol] [GetDocCount] [GetRow] [Jump] [MoveCursor] [SetCursor]

                          ADD:
                          GetDocCount??? ---> ^$GetLineCount$, ^$GetLine(Index),
                          ^$GetLine[({+/-}Index)]$, ^$GetLineSize(Index), ^$GetLineSize[({+/-}Index)]$

                          __________________

                          GetDocIndex
                          [Document] [GetDocIndex] [GetLineCount] [GetTextSize] [GetTopicCount]
                          [SetDocIndex]

                          ADD:^$GetIndexDocName(Index), ^$GetDocCount$
                          ;***************************************************************

                          (to be continued...)

                          At 10:07 PM 08/01/98 GMT, you wrote:
                          >Wednesday, I wrote:
                          >
                          >>NoteTabReference.OTL
                          >>
                          >>is now available on my homepage, or directly from:
                          >>
                          >>http://www2.localaccess.com/waynemv/ntr45fb1.zip
                          >>
                          >>It includes a revised version of whatsnew.otl, updated based on
                          >>Eric's ClipSyntax.txt. It also includes my rework of the printable
                          >>page of keyboard shortcuts. It also integrates Eric's "ReadMe.otl".
                          >>
                          >>Basically, I tried to include all the useful helps into a single
                          >>package, and see that they were updated for NoteTab 4.5 Final Beta #1.
                          >>
                          >>There may still be some mistakes. I also am getting ready to add
                          >>cross-references between the clip commands. For example, the explanation
                          >>of the [ActivateApp] command will contain a link to [MinimizeApp].
                          >
                          >At the end of this post is a tentative cross-reference list. Please
                          >give me your comments NOW, as it will be more easier for me to make
                          >changes now, rather than after the cross-references are broken up
                          >and added to each relevant outline topic.
                          >
                          >I will remove the self-references later.
                          >
                          >Let me know if any important cross-references are missing. Also, I
                          >tried to error on the side of giving too many cross-references for
                          >a topic, rather than miss any. Let me know if you think any of my
                          >choices are senseless - e.g. there may be some cross-references that
                          >should be removed from the list. Or I just could have made an error
                          >cutting and pasting.
                          >
                          >If all goes well, I will incorporate these into the outline document
                          >tomorrow.
                          >
                          > <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
                          >
                          >ActivateApp
                          > [ActivateApp] [FocusDoc] [MinimizeApp] [Refresh] [ShowClipbook]
                          [StatusClose] [StatusShow]

                          >AddHeading
                          > [AddHeading] [GetIndexDocName] [GetIndexTopicName] [GetTopicCount]
                          [GetTopicIndex] [GetTopicName] [IsOutlineDoc] [LoadLibrary] [SetTopicIndex]

                          Regards,

                          RS

                          ----
                        • Wayne M. VanWeerthuizen
                          Message 12 of 19 , Aug 1, 1998
                            Wednesday, I wrote:

                            >NoteTabReference.OTL
                            >
                            >is now available on my homepage, or directly from:
                            >
                            >http://www2.localaccess.com/waynemv/ntr45fb1.zip
                            >
                            >It includes a revised version of whatsnew.otl, updated based on
                            >Eric's ClipSyntax.txt. It also includes my rework of the printable
                            >page of keyboard shortcuts. It also integrates Eric's "ReadMe.otl".
                            >
                            >Basically, I tried to include all the useful helps into a single
                            >package, and see that they were updated for NoteTab 4.5 Final Beta #1.
                            >
                            >There may still be some mistakes. I also am getting ready to add
                            >cross-references between the clip commands. For example, the explanation
                            >of the [ActivateApp] command will contain a link to [MinimizeApp].

                            At the end of this post is a tentative cross-reference list. Please
                            give me your comments NOW, as it will be more easier for me to make
                            changes now, rather than after the cross-references are broken up
                            and added to each relevant outline topic.

                            I will remove the self-references later.

                            Let me know if any important cross-references are missing. Also, I
                            tried to error on the side of giving too many cross-references for
                            a topic, rather than miss any. Let me know if you think any of my
                            choices are senseless - e.g. there may be some cross-references that
                            should be removed from the list. Or I just could have made an error
                            cutting and pasting.

                            If all goes well, I will incorporate these into the outline document
                            tomorrow.

                            <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

                            ActivateApp
                            [ActivateApp] [FocusDoc] [MinimizeApp] [Refresh] [ShowClipbook] [StatusClose] [StatusShow]

                            AddHeading
                            [AddHeading] [GetIndexDocName] [GetIndexTopicName] [GetTopicCount] [GetTopicIndex] [GetTopicName] [IsOutlineDoc] [LoadLibrary] [SetTopicIndex]

                            Append
                            [Append] [ClearVariable] [ClearVariables] [RemoveTokens] [Set] [UseTokens]

                            ChDir
                            [ChDir] [CopyFile] [GetPath] [GetShort] [IfPathExist] [MkDir] [MoveFile] [RecycleFile] [RenameFile] [RmDir]

                            ClearBookmarks
                            [ClearBookmarks] [GotoBookmark] [SetBookmark]

                            ClearValue
                            [ClearValue] [ClearValues] [ClearVariable] [ClearVariables] [GetValue] [SaveValue]

                            ClearValues
                            [ClearValue] [ClearValues] [ClearVariable] [ClearVariables] [GetValue] [SaveValue]

                            ClearVariable
                            [ClearValue] [ClearVariable] [ClearVariables] [IsEmpty] [Set] [StrFill] [StrSize]

                            ClearVariables
                            [ClearValue] [ClearVariable] [ClearVariables] [IsEmpty] [Set] [StrFill] [StrSize]

                            Clip
                            [Clip] [CopyClip] [GetLibraryName] [GetLibraryPath] [IfClipExist] [IsClipDoc] [LoadLibrary] [Refresh] [ShowClipbook] [StatusClose] [StatusShow] [TimerPlay] [TimerStart] [TimerStop] [**OnOpen] [**OnClose] [**OnClipBoardChange]

                            Close
                            [Close] [DeleteFile] [DestroyDoc] [Export] [GetDocCount] [IsOpen] [MinimizeApp] [Open] [RecycleFile] [Save]

                            Continue
                            [Continue] [Delay] [Info] [Prompt] [Skip] [Sound] [StatusClose] [StatusShow] [Wait]

                            CopyClip
                            [Clip] [CopyClip] [GetClipboard] [IfClipExist] [IsClipDoc] [Paste]

                            CopyFile
                            [CopyFile] [Export] [GetTempFile] [IfFileExist] [Insert] [MkDir] [MoveFile] [Open] [Print] [RecycleFile] [RenameFile] [Save]

                            Dec
                            [If] [IfDiff] [IfFalse] [IfInRange] [IfInDateRange] [Ifsame] [IfTrue]

                            Delay
                            [Continue] [Delay] [DOS] [MinimizeApp] [Sound] [TimerPlay] [TimerStart] [TimerStop]

                            DeleteFile
                            [Close] [DeleteFile] [DestroyDoc] [GetTempFile] [IfFileExist] [IsModified] [IsReadonly] [RecycleFile] [RenameFile] [RmDir] [Save]

                            DeleteLine
                            [DeleteLine] [GetLine] [GetLineCount] [GetLineSize] [MoveCursor] [Select]

                            DestroyDoc
                            [Close] [DeleteFile] [DestroyDoc] [IfFileExist] [IsReadonly] [RecycleFile]

                            Document
                            [Document] [FocusDoc] [GetDocCount] [GetDocIndex] [GetLineCount] [GetTempFile] [GetTextSize] [IsClipDoc] [IsHtmlDoc] [IsModified] [IsOpen] [IsOutlineDoc] [IsPasteBoard] [IsReadonly] [IsWordWrap] [LoadLibrary] [Open] [Print] [Toolbar]

                            Dos
                            [Dos] [Email] [GetDosOutput] [GetOutput] [GetScriptPath] [GetStdErrorName] [Run] [RunGawk] [RunPerl] [RunScript] [SetStdErrorName] [Sound] [StatusClose] [StatusShow]

                            Email
                            [Dos] [Email] [Run]

                            Export
                            [Export] [Insert] [Save]

                            Find
                            [Find] [GetLine] [GetSelection] [Jump] [StrIndex] [StrPos] [StrReplace]

                            FocusDoc
                            [ActivateApp] [Document] [FocusDoc] [Refresh] [StatusClose]

                            GetChar
                            [GetChar] [Getblock] [GetClipboard] [GetField] [GetLine] [GetSelection] [MoveCursor] [SetCursor] [StrCopy] [StrIndex] [StrPos]

                            GetAppPath
                            [ActivateApp] [GetAppPath] [GetGawkExe] [GetLibraryPath] [GetPath] [GetPerlExe] [GetScriptPath] [GetSoundPath] [GetTemplatePath] [GetTempFile] [GetTmpPath] [GetWinPath] [GetWord] [Goto] [GotoBookmark] [IfPathExist]

                            Getblock
                            [GetChar] [Getblock] [GetClipboard] [GetField] [GetLine] [GetRow] [GetSelection] [GetWord] [MoveCursor] [Select]

                            GetClipboard
                            [CopyClip] [GetClipboard] [GetClipboardSize] [GetSelection] [IsPasteBoard] [SetClipboard]

                            GetClipboardSize
                            [GetClipboard] [GetClipboardSize] [SetClipboard]

                            GetCol
                            [GetChar] [GetCol] [GetDocCount] [GetRow] [Jump] [MoveCursor] [SetCursor]

                            GetDocCount
                            [Document] [GetDocIndex] [GetLineCount] [GetTextSize] [GetTopicCount] [SetDocIndex]

                            GetDocIndex
                            [Document] [GetDocIndex] [GetLineCount] [GetTextSize] [GetTopicCount] [SetDocIndex]

                            GetDosOutput
                            [Dos] [Email] [GetDosOutput] [GetInputOutput] [GetOutput] [Run] [RunGawk] [RunPerl] [RunScript] [SetStdErrorName]

                            GetEditorType
                            [GetEditorType] [IsFullVersion]

                            GetExt
                            [GetAppPath] [GetExt] [GetFileDate] [GetFileSize] [GetFileTime] [GetName] [GetPath] [IsFileType] [IsHtmlDoc] [IsOutlineDoc] [RenameFile]

                            GetField
                            [Getblock] [GetField] [GetPosInfield] [GetWord] [SetDelimiter]

                            GetFileDate
                            [GetFileDate] [GetFileSize] [GetFileTime]

                            GetFileSize
                            [GetClipboardSize] [GetFileDate] [GetFileSize] [GetFileTime] [GetSelSize] [GetLineCount]

                            GetFileTime
                            [GetFileDate] [GetFileSize] [GetFileTime]

                            GetGawkExe
                            [GetGawkExe] [GetPerlExe] [GetStdErrorName] [RunGawk]

                            GetIndexDocName
                            [Document] [GetDocCount] [GetDocIndex] [GetIndexDocName] [GetIndexTopicName] [SetDocIndex]

                            GetIndexTopicName
                            [GetIndexDocName] [GetIndexTopicName] [GetTopicCount] [GetTopicIndex] [GetTopicName] [IsOutlineDoc] [SetTopicIndex]

                            GetInputOutput
                            [Dos] [Email] [GetDosOutput] [GetInputOutput] [GetOutput] [GetStdErrorName] [GetTempFile] [Run] [RunGawk] [RunPerl] [RunScript]

                            GetLibraryName
                            [Clip] [CopyClip] [GetLibraryName] [GetLibraryPath] [IsClipDoc] [LoadLibrary]

                            GetLibraryPath
                            [Clip] [CopyClip] [GetLibraryName] [GetLibraryPath] [IsClipDoc] [LoadLibrary]

                            GetLine
                            [DeleteLine] [GetChar] [Getblock] [GetClipboard] [GetLine] [GetLineCount] [GetLineSize] [GetRow] [GetSelection] [Jump] [MoveCursor] [SetCursor]

                            GetLineCount
                            [GetClipboardSize] [GetLineSize] [GetSelSize] [GetTopicCount] [Jump] [StrSize]

                            GetLineSize
                            [GetClipboardSize] [GetFileSize] [GetLine] [GetLineCount] [GetLineSize] [GetSelSize] [GetTextSize] [IsEmpty] [IsWordWrap] [SetColumnWrap] [SetCursor] [StrSize]

                            GetName
                            [Document] [GetFileDate] [GetFileSize] [GetFileTime] [GetIndexDocName] [GetIndexTopicName] [GetLibraryName] [GetName] [GetStdErrorName] [GetTempFile] [GetTopicName] [IsFileType] [RenameFile]

                            GetOutput
                            [Dos] [Email] [GetDosOutput] [GetInputOutput] [GetOutput] [Run] [RunGawk] [RunPerl] [RunScript] [SetStdErrorName]

                            GetPasteboardDivider
                            [GetPasteboardDivider] [IsPasteBoard] [Paste] [PasteBack] [PasteSelect] [SetPasteboardDivider] [Toolbar]

                            GetPath
                            [GetAppPath] [GetExt] [GetLibraryPath] [GetName] [GetPath] [GetScriptPath] [GetSoundPath] [GetSysPath] [GetTemplatePath] [GetTmpPath] [GetWinPath] [IfPathExist] [MkDir] [GetShort]

                            GetPerlExe
                            [GetGawkExe] [GetPerlExe] [GetStdErrorName] [RunPerl]

                            GetPosInfield
                            [GetField] [GetPosInfield] [SetDelimiter]

                            GetRow
                            [GetChar] [GetCol] [GetDocCount] [GetRow] [Jump] [MoveCursor] [SetCursor] [GetLine] [GetSelection]

                            GetScriptPath
                            [GetAppPath] [GetScriptPath] [GetStdErrorName] [GetTempFile] [IfPathExist] [RunGawk] [RunPerl] [RunScript]

                            GetSelection
                            [CopyClip] [GetClipboard] [GetLine] [GetSelection] [GetSelSize] [PasteSelect] [Select] [Toolbar]

                            GetSelSize
                            [GetClipboardSize] [GetLineCount] [GetLineSize] [GetSelection] [GetSelSize] [Select]

                            GetShort
                            [GetExt] [GetName] [GetPath] [GetShort]

                            GetSoundPath
                            [GetAppPath] [GetSoundPath] [Sound]

                            GetStdErrorName
                            [GetStdErrorName] [GetTempFile] [Run] [RunGawk] [RunPerl] [RunScript]

                            GetSysPath
                            [GetAppPath] [GetLibraryPath] [GetPath] [GetScriptPath] [GetSoundPath] [GetSysPath] [GetTemplatePath] [GetTmpPath] [GetWinPath] [IfPathExist]

                            GetTempFile
                            [DestroyDoc] [GetAppPath] [GetTempFile] [GetTmpPath] [IfFileExist] [IfPathExist] [RecycleFile]

                            GetTemplatePath
                            [GetPath] [GetTemplatePath] [GetTmpPath] [IfPathExist]

                            GetTextSize
                            [GetClipboardSize] [GetFileSize] [GetLineSize] [GetSelSize] [StrSize]

                            GetTmpPath
                            [GetAppPath] [GetPath] [GetTempFile] [GetTmpPath]

                            GetTopicCount
                            [GetIndexDocName] [GetIndexTopicName] [GetTopicCount] [GetTopicIndex] [GetTopicName] [IsOutlineDoc] [SetTopicIndex] [GetLineCount]

                            GetTopicIndex
                            [GetIndexDocName] [GetIndexTopicName] [GetTopicCount] [GetTopicIndex] [GetTopicName] [IsOutlineDoc] [SetTopicIndex]

                            GetTopicName
                            [GetIndexDocName] [GetIndexTopicName] [GetTopicCount] [GetTopicIndex] [GetTopicName] [IsOutlineDoc] [SetTopicIndex]

                            GetValue
                            [ClearValue] [ClearValues] [SaveValue]

                            GetWinPath
                            [GetAppPath] [GetLibraryPath] [GetPath] [GetScriptPath] [GetShort] [GetSoundPath] [GetTemplatePath] [GetTmpPath] [GetWinPath] [IfPathExist]

                            GetWord
                            [GetChar] [Getblock] [GetClipboard] [GetField] [GetLine] [GetRow] [GetSelection] [GetWord] [MoveCursor] [Select]

                            Goto
                            [:Label] [Clip] [Continue] [If] [Skip]

                            GotoBookmark
                            [GotoBookmark] [Jump] [MoveCursor] [SetBookmark]

                            If
                            [Goto] [If] [IfClipExist] [IfDiff] [IfError] [IfFalse] [IfFileExist] [IfInRange] [IfInDateRange] [IfPathExist] [Ifsame] [IfTrue] [IsAutoIndent] [IsClipDoc] [IsEmpty] [IsFileType] [IsFullVersion] [IsHtmlDoc] [IsModified] [IsNumber] [IsOpen] [IsOutlineDoc] [IsPasteBoard] [IsReadonly] [IsUrl] [IsWordWrap] [Skip]

                            IfClipExist
                            [CopyClip] [If] [IsClipDoc] [LoadLibrary]

                            IfDiff
                            [If] [IfDiff] [IfFalse] [IfInRange] [IfInDateRange] [Ifsame] [IfTrue]

                            IfError ???
                            [ChDir] [Clip] [CopyFile] [DeleteFile] [DestroyDoc] [Dos] [Email] [Export] [Find] [LoadLibrary] [MkDir] [MoveFile] [Open] [Print] [Prompt] [RecycleFile] [RenameFile] [RmDir] [Run] [RunGawk] [RunPerl] [RunScript] [Save] [SetStdErrorName] [Url]

                            IfFalse
                            [If] [IfDiff] [IfFalse] [IfInRange] [IfInDateRange] [Ifsame] [IfTrue]

                            IfFileExist
                            [CopyFile] [DeleteFile] [DestroyDoc] [GetName] [GetTempFile] [If] [IfFileExist] [IfPathExist] [IsFileType] [IsOpen] [IsReadonly] [Open] [RecycleFile]

                            IfInRange
                            [If] [IfDiff] [IfFalse] [IfInRange] [IfInDateRange] [Ifsame] [IfTrue]

                            IfInDateRange
                            [If] [IfDiff] [IfFalse] [IfInRange] [IfInDateRange] [Ifsame] [IfTrue]

                            IfPathExist
                            [GetAppPath] [GetLibraryPath] [GetPath] [GetScriptPath] [GetSoundPath] [GetSysPath] [GetTemplatePath] [GetTmpPath] [GetWinPath] [If] [IfPathExist]

                            Ifsame
                            [If] [IfDiff] [IfFalse] [IfInRange] [IfInDateRange] [Ifsame] [IfTrue]

                            IfTrue
                            [If] [IfDiff] [IfFalse] [IfInRange] [IfInDateRange] [Ifsame] [IfTrue]

                            Inc
                            [If] [IfDiff] [IfFalse] [IfInRange] [IfInDateRange] [Ifsame] [IfTrue]

                            Info
                            [Continue] [Info] [Prompt] [Skip] [Sound] [StatusShow]

                            Insert
                            [**^&] [Export] [Insert] [InsertText] [Open] [Paste] [PasteBack] [PasteSelect] [StrInsert]

                            InsertText
                            [**^&] [Export] [Insert] [InsertText] [Paste] [PasteBack] [PasteSelect] [StrInsert]

                            IsAutoIndent
                            [If] [IsAutoIndent] [IsWordWrap] [Toolbar]

                            IsClipDoc
                            [Clip] [GetLibraryName] [GetLibraryPath] [If] [IfClipExist] [IsFileType] [IsOutlineDoc] [LoadLibrary]

                            IsEmpty
                            [ClearVariable] [ClearVariables] [If] [IsEmpty] [IsNumber] [Set] [StrSize]

                            IsFileType
                            [GetExt] [If] [IsClipDoc] [IsFileType] [IsHtmlDoc] [IsModified] [IsOpen] [IsOutlineDoc] [IsPasteBoard] [IsReadonly]

                            IsFullVersion
                            [GetAppPath] [GetEditorType] [If] [IsFullVersion]

                            IsHtmlDoc
                            [GetExt] [If] [IsClipDoc] [IsFileType] [IsHtmlDoc] [IsModified] [IsOpen] [IsOutlineDoc] [IsPasteBoard] [IsReadonly]

                            IsModified
                            [If] [IsFileType] [IsModified] [IsPasteBoard] [IsReadonly] [Save]

                            IsNumber
                            [If] [IfInRange] [IsEmpty] [IsNumber] [IsUrl]

                            IsOpen
                            [Close] [If] [IsModified] [IsOpen] [IsPasteBoard] [IsReadonly] [Open]

                            IsOutlineDoc
                            [GetIndexDocName] [GetIndexTopicName] [GetTopicCount] [GetTopicIndex] [GetTopicName] [If] [IsClipDoc] [IsFileType] [IsHtmlDoc] [IsOutlineDoc] [IsPasteBoard] [SetTopicIndex]

                            IsPasteBoard
                            [GetPasteboardDivider] [If] [IsModified] [IsOpen] [IsPasteBoard] [IsReadonly] [SetPasteboardDivider]

                            IsReadonly
                            [IsAutoIndent] [IsFileType] [IsModified] [IsPasteBoard] [IsReadonly] [IsWordWrap] [Toolbar]

                            IsUrl
                            [IsEmpty] [IsNumber] [IsUrl]

                            IsWordWrap
                            [IsAutoIndent] [IsFileType] [IsModified] [IsOpen] [IsPasteBoard] [IsReadonly] [IsWordWrap] [SetColumnWrap] [UpdateColumnWrap]

                            Jump
                            [GetCol] [GetLine] [GetRow] [GotoBookmark] [Jump] [MoveCursor] [SetCursor]

                            Keyboard
                            [Keyboard] [Playback] [Toolbar] [TypeBack]

                            LoadLibrary
                            [Clip] [CopyClip] [GetLibraryName] [GetLibraryPath] [IfClipExist] [IsClipDoc] [LoadLibrary]

                            MinimizeApp
                            [ActivateApp] [GetAppPath] [MinimizeApp]

                            MkDir
                            [ChDir] [IfPathExist] [MkDir] [MoveFile] [RenameFile] [RmDir] [Run]

                            MoveCursor
                            [GetCol] [GetLine] [GetRow] [GotoBookmark] [Jump] [MoveCursor] [SetCursor]

                            MoveFile
                            [ChDir] [CopyFile] [DeleteFile] [IfFileExist] [MkDir] [MoveFile] [RecycleFile] [RenameFile] [Run]

                            Open
                            [Document] [GetTempFile] [IfFileExist] [Insert] [IsOpen] [LoadLibrary] [Open] [Save]

                            Paste
                            [CopyClip] [GetPasteboardDivider] [InsertText] [Paste] [PasteBack] [PasteSelect]

                            PasteBack
                            [GetPasteboardDivider] [IsPasteBoard] [Keyboard] [Paste] [PasteBack] [PasteSelect] [Playback] [TypeBack]

                            PasteSelect
                            [GetSelection] [Paste] [PasteBack] [PasteSelect] [Select]

                            Playback
                            [Keyboard] [Playback] [TypeBack]

                            Print
                            [CopyFile]

                            Prompt
                            [Continue] [Print] [Prompt] [Skip] [Sound]

                            RecycleFile
                            [DeleteFile] [DestroyDoc] [RecycleFile] [RmDir]

                            Refresh
                            [ActivateApp] [FocusDoc] [Refresh]

                            RemoveTokens
                            [Append] [RemoveTokens] [StrReplace] [UseTokens]

                            RenameFile
                            [CopyFile] [MoveFile] [RecycleFile] [RenameFile]

                            Replace
                            [Find] [Replace] [StrReplace]

                            RmDir
                            [ChDir] [IfPathExist] [MkDir]

                            Run
                            [ChDir] [Dos] [Email] [GetDosOutput] [GetInputOutput] [GetStdErrorName] [Run] [RunGawk] [RunPerl] [RunScript] [SetStdErrorName] [StatusClose] [StatusShow]

                            RunGawk
                            [GetGawkExe] [GetScriptPath] [GetStdErrorName] [Run] [RunGawk] [RunPerl] [RunScript] [SetStdErrorName]

                            RunPerl
                            [GetPerlExe] [GetScriptPath] [GetStdErrorName] [Run] [RunGawk] [RunPerl] [RunScript] [SetStdErrorName]

                            RunScript
                            [Dos] [Email] [GetScriptPath] [GetStdErrorName] [Run] [RunGawk] [RunPerl] [RunScript] [SetStdErrorName]

                            Save
                            [CopyFile] [Export] [Save] [SaveValue]

                            SaveValue
                            [ClearValue] [ClearValues] [GetValue] [SaveValue] [Set]

                            Select
                            [GetSelection] [Select] [SetCursor] [Toolbar]

                            Set
                            [Append] [ClearVariable] [ClearVariables] [SaveValue] [Set]

                            SetBookmark
                            [ClearBookmarks] [GotoBookmark] [SetBookmark]

                            SetClipboard
                            [GetClipboard] [GetClipboardSize] [Paste] [SetClipboard]

                            SetColumnWrap
                            [IsWordWrap] [SetColumnWrap] [UpdateColumnWrap]

                            SetCursor
                            [GetCol] [GetRow] [GotoBookmark] [Jump] [Keyboard] [MoveCursor] [SetCursor]

                            SetDelimiter
                            [GetField] [GetPosInfield] [SetDelimiter]

                            SetDocIndex
                            [Document] [GetDocIndex] [SetDocIndex] [SetTopicIndex]

                            SetPasteboardDivider
                            [GetPasteboardDivider] [IsPasteBoard] [Paste] [PasteBack] [PasteSelect] [SetPasteboardDivider] [Toolbar]

                            SetStdErrorName
                            [GetStdErrorName] [Dos] [Run] [RunGawk] [RunPerl] [RunScript] [SetStdErrorName]

                            SetTopicIndex
                            [GetIndexDocName] [GetIndexTopicName] [GetTopicCount] [GetTopicIndex] [GetTopicName] [IsOutlineDoc] [SetTopicIndex]

                            SetWizardLabel
                            [Prompt] [SetWizardLabel] [SetWizardTitle]

                            SetWizardTitle
                            [Prompt] [SetWizardLabel] [SetWizardTitle]

                            ShowClipbook
                            [ActivateApp] [Clip] [GetLibraryName] [GetLibraryPath] [LoadLibrary] [ShowClipbook]

                            Skip
                            [Continue] [Goto] [If] [Info] [Prompt] [Skip] [Sound] [StatusClose] [StatusShow]

                            Sound
                            [Continue] [Info] [Prompt] [Skip] [Sound] [GetSoundPath]

                            StatusClose
                            [Continue] [Info] [Prompt] [Skip] [Sound] [StatusClose] [StatusShow]

                            StatusShow
                            [Continue] [Info] [Prompt] [Skip] [Sound] [StatusClose] [StatusShow]

                            StrCopy
                            [StrCopy] [StrCount] [StrDelete] [StrFill] [StrIndex] [StrInsert] [StrLower] [StrPos] [StrReplace] [StrSize] [StrUpper]

                            StrCount
                            [StrCopy] [StrCount] [StrDelete] [StrFill] [StrIndex] [StrInsert] [StrLower] [StrPos] [StrReplace] [StrSize] [StrUpper]

                            StrDelete
                            [StrCopy] [StrCount] [StrDelete] [StrFill] [StrIndex] [StrInsert] [StrLower] [StrPos] [StrReplace] [StrSize] [StrUpper]

                            StrFill
                            [StrCopy] [StrCount] [StrDelete] [StrFill] [StrIndex] [StrInsert] [StrLower] [StrPos] [StrReplace] [StrSize] [StrUpper]

                            StrIndex
                            [StrCopy] [StrCount] [StrDelete] [StrFill] [StrIndex] [StrInsert] [StrLower] [StrPos] [StrReplace] [StrSize] [StrUpper]

                            StrInsert
                            [InsertText] [StrCopy] [StrCount] [StrDelete] [StrFill] [StrIndex] [StrInsert] [StrLower] [StrPos] [StrReplace] [StrSize] [StrUpper]

                            StrLower
                            [StrCopy] [StrCount] [StrDelete] [StrFill] [StrIndex] [StrInsert] [StrLower] [StrPos] [StrReplace] [StrSize] [StrUpper]

                            StrPos
                            [StrCopy] [StrCount] [StrDelete] [StrFill] [StrIndex] [StrInsert] [StrLower] [StrPos] [StrReplace] [StrSize] [StrUpper]

                            StrReplace
                            [Replace] [StrCopy] [StrCount] [StrDelete] [StrFill] [StrIndex] [StrInsert] [StrLower] [StrPos] [StrReplace] [StrSize] [StrUpper]

                            StrSize
                            [GetFileSize] [GetLineSize] [GetSelSize] [GetTextSize] [StrCopy] [StrCount] [StrDelete] [StrFill] [StrIndex] [StrInsert] [StrLower] [StrPos] [StrReplace] [StrSize] [StrUpper]

                            StrUpper
                            [StrCopy] [StrCount] [StrDelete] [StrFill] [StrIndex] [StrInsert] [StrLower] [StrPos] [StrReplace] [StrSize] [StrUpper]

                            TimerPlay
                            [Clip] [TimerPlay] [TimerStart] [TimerStop]

                            TimerStart
                            [StrCopy] [StrCount] [StrDelete] [StrFill] [StrIndex] [StrInsert] [StrLower] [StrPos] [StrReplace] [StrSize] [StrUpper]

                            TimerStop
                            [StrCopy] [StrCount] [StrDelete] [StrFill] [StrIndex] [StrInsert] [StrLower] [StrPos] [StrReplace] [StrSize] [StrUpper]

                            Toolbar
                            [Keyboard] [Toolbar] [**Toolbar]

                            TypeBack
                            [Keyboard] [Paste] [PasteBack] [PasteSelect] [Playback] [TypeBack]

                            UpdateColumnWrap
                            [ActivateApp] [AddHeading] [Append] [ChDir] [ClearBookmarks] [ClearValue] [ClearValues] [IsWordWrap] [SetColumnWrap] [UpdateColumnWrap]

                            Url
                            [Email] [IsUrl] [Run] [Url]

                            UseTokens
                            [RemoveTokens] [Set] [StrReplace] [UseTokens]

                            Wait
                            [Continue] [Delay] [Dos] [Email] [TimerPlay] [TimerStart] [TimerStop] [Wait]

                            Message 13 of 19 , Aug 1, 1998
                              Thank you R.C. Your help is very valuable to this project. I am
                              replying mainly not because the list needs to know the corrections,
                              but because I want to discuss (in brief) a few theoretical issues.
                              I think the decisions about to include and not to include are somewhat
                              interpretive and subjective. It is clear-cut that Find should
                              cross-reference Replace. Some of the other decisions are more
                              difficult. Since I volunteered to do the editing, and have already
                              put 5-6 hours into this - I am appointing myself as a final judge
                              in the matter. ;-)

                              R.C. wrote:

                              >Hi Wayne:
                              >
                              >What you're trying to do is admirable, and I can hardly wait till tomorrow
                              >to download the file. I very much like this cross reference enterprise of
                              >yours.
                              >It is not something you can do in 24 hours, though. Too complex.
                              >Here are some omissions I found, and I probably omitted a lot too. Though
                              >it is not what you or I would prefer, we'll have to send you our new
                              >discoveries over time, so you can do the necessary updates.

                              Okay, you are probably right. But I want to get the initial batch of
                              obvious errors fixed before moving on to the next stage.

                              >Dos
                              > [Dos] [Email] [GetDosOutput] [GetOutput] [GetScriptPath]
                              >[GetStdErrorName] [Run] [RunGawk] [RunPerl] [RunScript] [SetStdErrorName]
                              >[Sound] [StatusClose] [StatusShow]
                              >
                              >ADD:^$GetSysPath$

                              Good catch. Added.

                              >Find
                              > [Find] [GetLine] [GetSelection] [Jump] [StrIndex] [StrPos] [StrReplace]
                              >
                              >ADD: GetWord, GetBlock, GetChar, GetField, Replace, Goto

                              Uh stab!!! How could I have missed [Replace]??? Find and replace
                              are like brothers. Thank you for noticing this MAJOR oversight.

                              GetWord, GetBlock, GetChar I think not to be close enough related to
                              find. Goto absolutely should not be linked to from Find.

                              >GetAppPath
                              > [ActivateApp] [GetAppPath] [GetGawkExe] [GetLibraryPath] [GetPath]
                              >[GetPerlExe] [GetScriptPath] [GetSoundPath] [GetTemplatePath] [GetTempFile]
                              >[GetTmpPath] [GetWinPath] [GetWord] [Goto] [GotoBookmark] [IfPathExist]
                              >
                              >ADD:^$GetSysPath$

                              Added. Thank you.

                              >GetClipboard
                              > [CopyClip] [GetClipboard] [GetClipboardSize] [GetSelection]
                              >[IsPasteBoard] [SetClipboard]
                              >
                              >ADD: Select, Copy, Paste, OnClipboardChange, ^$GetPasteboardDivider$,
                              >^$GetSelSize$

                              Here, I already included IsPasteBoard. As the clipboard and pasteboard
                              are only indirectly related - I felt it best to only include one
                              representative of its group of commands. Same with GetSelSize - it
                              just doesn't come close enough to being relevant to GetClipboard.

                              And an important comment: There is no clipbook command,
                              "OnClipboardChange", and therefore the current outline has no heading
                              for it. Nevertheless the information about it needs a home in the
                              outline. For now, I am marking such items with **,
                              e.g. [**OnClipboardChange]. I will later add headings for these
                              "stragglers."

                              Also feel free to suggest links to Outline topics, such as
                              [Outline Documents] or [Hyperlinks]

                              You should have downloaded the current NoteTabReference.OTL file from
                              my page, so you know what headings exist and what headings need added.

                              Thanks.

                              >GetCol
                              > [GetChar] [GetCol] [GetDocCount] [GetRow] [Jump] [MoveCursor] [SetCursor]
                              >
                              >ADD:
                              >GetDocCount??? ---> ^$GetLineCount$, ^$GetLine(Index),
                              >^$GetLine[({+/-}Index)]$, ^$GetLineSize(Index), ^$GetLineSize[({+/-}Index)]$

                              You are correct that I should NOT have originally included GetDocCount.
                              I have deleted it from GetCol's links. GetLine will not be included.

                              >GetDocIndex
                              > [Document] [GetDocIndex] [GetLineCount] [GetTextSize] [GetTopicCount]
                              >[SetDocIndex]
                              >
                              >ADD:^$GetIndexDocName(Index), ^$GetDocCount$

                              Umph! Another major oversight on my part.

                              I still feel relieved that I got past the initial stage of listing
                              cross-references. I expected it to take on hour, not a tedious six
                              hours. Oh, how naive I was.

                              Message 14 of 19 , Aug 1, 1998
                                Hi Wayne:

                                >>Find
                                >> [Find] [GetLine] [GetSelection] [Jump] [StrIndex] [StrPos] [StrReplace]
                                >>
                                >>ADD: GetWord, GetBlock, GetChar, GetField, Replace, Goto

                                >GetWord, GetBlock, GetChar I think not to be close enough related to
                                >find.

                                I'd agree, but since you inserted [GetLine] [GetSelection]...

                                >Goto absolutely should not be linked to from Find.

                                Agreed too. My mistake.

                                __________

                                >GetClipboard
                                > [CopyClip] [GetClipboard] [GetClipboardSize] [GetSelection]
                                >[IsPasteBoard] [SetClipboard]

                                Just Noticed now, don't you see some recursion here (GetClipboard -
                                [GetClipboard]) ? -:)

                                >>ADD: Select, Copy, Paste, OnClipboardChange, ^$GetPasteboardDivider$,
                                >>^$GetSelSize$

                                >Here, I already included IsPasteBoard. As the clipboard and pasteboard
                                >are only indirectly related - I felt it best to only include one
                                >representative of its group of commands. Same with GetSelSize - it
                                >just doesn't come close enough to being relevant to GetClipboard.

                                Good point.

                                >And an important comment: There is no clipbook command,
                                >"OnClipboardChange", and therefore the current outline has no heading
                                >for it. Nevertheless the information about it needs a home in the
                                >outline. For now, I am marking such items with **,
                                >e.g. [**OnClipboardChange]. I will later add headings for these
                                >"stragglers."

                                But it's so pertinent it has to be referenced here.
                                __________

                                >>GetCol
                                >> [GetChar] [GetCol] [GetDocCount] [GetRow] [Jump] [MoveCursor] [SetCursor]
                                >>
                                >>ADD:
                                >>GetDocCount??? ---> ^$GetLineCount$, ^$GetLine(Index),
                                >>^$GetLine[({+/-}Index)]$, ^$GetLineSize(Index), ^$GetLineSize[({+/-}Index)]$

                                >You are correct that I should NOT have originally included GetDocCount.
                                >I have deleted it from GetCol's links. GetLine will not be included.

                                That was a confusion of mine.

                                __________

                                >>GetDocIndex
                                >> [Document] [GetDocIndex] [GetLineCount] [GetTextSize] [GetTopicCount]
                                >>[SetDocIndex]
                                >>
                                >>ADD:^$GetIndexDocName(Index), ^$GetDocCount$
                                >
                                >Umph! Another major oversight on my part.
                                >
                                >I still feel relieved that I got past the initial stage of listing
                                >cross-references. I expected it to take on hour, not a tedious six
                                >hours. Oh, how naive I was.

                                You've done a remarkable job. If you had known before hand perhaps you
                                wouldn't have started it. Now it's up to all of us to help you editing!

                                Regards,

                                RS

                                ----
                              • Wayne M. VanWeerthuizen
                                Message 15 of 19 , Aug 1, 1998
                                  R.S. wrote:

                                  >Hi Wayne:

                                  >>GetClipboard
                                  >> [CopyClip] [GetClipboard] [GetClipboardSize] [GetSelection]
                                  >>[IsPasteBoard] [SetClipboard]
                                  >

                                  >Just Noticed now, don't you see some recursion here (GetClipboard -
                                  >[GetClipboard]) ? -:)

                                  Yes. I mentioned "self-references" in my original post. It was
                                  easier to include the self-references when I compiled the list.
                                  Then if when doing a later command, I realized it would be very
                                  similar to an earlier command; I could copy the whole list, and not
                                  have to fill in the missing item.

                                  >>And an important comment: There is no clipbook command,
                                  >>"OnClipboardChange", and therefore the current outline has no heading
                                  >>for it. Nevertheless the information about it needs a home in the
                                  >>outline. For now, I am marking such items with **,
                                  >>e.g. [**OnClipboardChange]. I will later add headings for these
                                  >>"stragglers."
                                  >
                                  >But it's so pertinent it has to be referenced here.

                                  Which is what I meant. [**OnClipBoardChange] will be a link, even
                                  if it a dead link until a header is created for it. The ** give
                                  me something to search for in finding all such links.

                                  >>I still feel relieved that I got past the initial stage of listing
                                  >>cross-references. I expected it to take on hour, not a tedious six
                                  >>hours. Oh, how naive I was.
                                  >
                                  >You've done a remarkable job. If you had known before hand perhaps you
                                  >wouldn't have started it. Now it's up to all of us to help you editing!

                                  Than you so very much.

                                  --
                                  Wayne M. VanWeerthuizen ICQ: 15117288

                                  Find out about the BEST Text/HTML editor for Windows!
                                  My Homepage: http://www2.localaccess.com/waynemv

                                  Libertarians for Privacy RC5-64 Cracking Team
                                  http://homepages.together.net/~hardy/VTLP/rc5.html

                                  ----
                                • Nicole Simon
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Aug 3, 1998
                                    Wayne M. VanWeerthuizen wrote:
                                    > Let me know if any important cross-references are missing.

                                    Wow. Great job Wayne, thanks!

                                    > Also, I
                                    > tried to error on the side of giving too many cross-references for
                                    > a topic, rather than miss any.

                                    One thing I really love about windows help files: the 'look also here'
                                    thing. Sometimes I just remember 'hmmm... was something like XYZ'. I don't
                                    my brain for learning the commands but try to get reference links to one
                                    another.

                                    With Clipsyntax I sometimes have a problem because I don't understand why
                                    Eric has put this here and not there. This crossreference will be a real
                                    timesaver and a good help.

                                    Nicole
                                    --
                                    Money is a powerful aphrodisiac, but flowers work almost as well.
                                    Robert A. Heinlein

                                    ----
                                  • Wayne M. VanWeerthuizen
                                    Message 17 of 19 , Aug 3, 1998
                                      A new version of NoteTabRef.OTL is now on my page. This version includes
                                      the cross-references. There may likely still be some mistakes.

                                      A few links are preceded by **. Topics for them do not yet exist
                                      Expect to get an error if you click on any of them. ;-)

                                      http://www2.localaccess.com/waynemv

                                      or http://www2.localaccess.com/waynemv/ntr45fb1.zip

                                      (But if you use the first option, you'll hit my web counter,
                                      and I like to know when I have visitors. ;-) )

                                      nisi@... (Nicole Simon) wrote:
                                      >Wayne M. VanWeerthuizen wrote:
                                      >> Let me know if any important cross-references are missing.
                                      >
                                      >Wow. Great job Wayne, thanks!

                                      Thank you.

                                      >> Also, I tried to error on the side of giving too many
                                      >> cross-references for a topic, rather than miss any.

                                      How much I went by this philosophy may have varied with how tired
                                      I was at the time. ;-) Some topics have a wider variety of links
                                      than do other topics. But I didn't want to overload either, as
                                      spurious cross-references would weaken the value of having any
                                      cross-references at all.

                                      >One thing I really love about windows help files: the 'look also here'
                                      >thing. Sometimes I just remember 'hmmm... was something like XYZ'. I don't
                                      >my brain for learning the commands but try to get reference links to one
                                      >another.

                                      My mind was going a bit crazy when I was making the cross-references. At
                                      one point I was _honestly_ thinking, "Ya, know, if Eric's document had
                                      cross-references it would make this task of mine easier, maybe I should
                                      suggest it to him." -- Honestly, took me a few seconds to realize my
                                      thinking was circular, I was making the cross-references myself!

                                      {Huh, I thought it was funny. You all think I am weird, now, don't you?}

                                      >With Clipsyntax I sometimes have a problem because I don't understand why
                                      >Eric has put this here and not there. This crossreference will be a real
                                      >timesaver and a good help.

                                      Thanks again. It is nice to know this work was appreciated.

                                      Message 18 of 19 , Aug 3, 1998
                                        Wayne M. VanWeerthuizen wrote:

                                        <snip>

                                        "You all think I am weird, now, don't you?"

                                        um, Wayne..........key word here is "now".....I already new you were
                                        weird from quite awhile ago *hehe*

                                        --
                                        Glenn Dixon---ICQ # 392271
                                        webwide@...---http://home1.gte.net/webwide

                                        ----
                                      • Keith Gardner
                                        Message 19 of 19 , Aug 23, 1998
                                          Sami:

                                          > Has someone made/is someone planning on making a complete clip
                                          > command/function reference? If not, I might give it a try.

                                          Grandma Kay did a nice job with the clip reference (ClipSyntax.txt) that
                                          is included with the Note Tab Pro final beta 1.

                                          --
                                          Keith Gardner
                                          Pastor
                                          Consultant