Re: [NTB] NoteTab Light failed to reload open documents

  • jnt
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 3, 2001
      In article <3AA11CB9.DC1D547C@...>, DA <daoki01@...>
      writes

      >Another possibility is that NoteTab is set for multiple instances and you had
      >one instance already open but it was minimized or hidden by another window.
      >When you open the second instance it will be empty as you described. If you
      >normally only open one instance with your preloaded files, then close that
      >instance before starting NoteTab again, you might not have noticed that you have
      >NoteTab configured for multiple instances. I use preloaded files also and I
      >turn off multiple instances for this reason.

      Thanks for the suggestion, but no, I have multiple instances disabled.

      >I have to defend Jody here because I have seen him be very helpful. He is
      >really overloaded with work, but tries his best.

      Having subscribed, on and off, to the various lists I'm aware of Jody's
      efforts - I don't know how he manages.

      --
      jnt
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 3, 2001
        Hi jnt,

        I'm not one much for just saying "thanks" back to the list to
        keep the posts down (do in private eMail a lot), but thanks jnt.
        I am disabled so I do not have a 40 hour week job to go to which
        puts me about 50 hours ahead of most people although I do a few
        hours a day (sometimes more and sometimes a lot less) support
        mail. ;)

        I do have a number of FAQs in a Library that I just type a
        keyword (or letter(s) into my eMail program and copy/cut and the
        full FAQ is sent from NoteTab to where I copied or cut the text
        from. It, my Library that I call NoteBack (Back is my copy;),
        uses NoteTab's OnClipboardChange event and PasteBack command. It
        works on the same principle as the PasteClips Library that ships
        with NoteTab, but a bit more complicated. If I forget my
        keyword, I type in a "?" without the quotes and a wizard comes up
        with my keywords first in parenthesis to help me remember them
        and then a short description on what the FAQ is about. I simply
        click on the one I want then OK (or double click) and the full
        FAQ is shipped "along with me" back to my eMail client.

        http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab