Re: [NTB] NoteTab Light failed to reload open documents

    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 3, 2001
      Hi DA, jnt, and Others,

      >Another possibility is that NoteTab is set for multiple instances
      >and you had one instance already open but it was minimized or
      >hidden by another window. When you open the second instance it
      >will be empty as you described. If you normally only open one
      >instance with your preloaded files, then close that instance
      >before starting NoteTab again, you might not have noticed that
      >you have NoteTab configured for multiple instances. I use
      >preloaded files also and I turn off multiple instances for this
      >reason.

      Thanks DA; I'd forgot about that one and there are more
      possibilities. I don't mind the thread continuing here as long
      as it sticks to NoteTab. Those of you who have been on the lists
      for awhile though know that I will not put up with insulting
      posts to anybody, that I intend to keep the lists running as
      friendly, helpful, useful, and to the topic of the particular
      list as possible and within my means and time.

      >I have to defend Jody here because I have seen him be very
      >helpful. He is really overloaded with work, but tries his best.
      >We all fail once in while! :-)

      Thanks, but I saw no failure in it whatsoever except I may not
      have had the correct problem. ;) That's not to say I don't make
      my fair share of goofs though. Gee, replying to some 100-200
      posts a day, I'm bound to miss the mark at least once a day -
      haha! ...and a lot of times that is simply because I read to fast
      and did not fully understand the question.

      Thanks to everybody that posts whether they are right or wrong!!!
      And as always, thanks for deleting unneeded text from your
      replies, not posting Clips to the Basic list, posting more
      difficult things like Perl and RegExp to the other lists, putting
      meaningful topics in the Subject: line, and anything else I may
      have missed. <bg>

      BTW, somebody most of you know will be making an appearance on
      the lists sometime fairly soon (?) and that we all have missed for
      awhile now. :-)

      Thanks for the cards and money from those of you who sent them to
      us after the fire. They are *very* special to us!!! I
      especially liked the sense of humor some of you have! When you
      want to cry - laughing is best I think. <vbg>

      -jody

      If you have not laughed at us today, you missed a good joke.
      Likewise, blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they
      will never cease to amused. (Psa. 39:5)
    • jnt
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 3, 2001
        In article <3AA11CB9.DC1D547C@...>, DA <daoki01@...>
        writes

        >Another possibility is that NoteTab is set for multiple instances and you had
        >one instance already open but it was minimized or hidden by another window.
        >When you open the second instance it will be empty as you described. If you
        >normally only open one instance with your preloaded files, then close that
        >instance before starting NoteTab again, you might not have noticed that you have
        >NoteTab configured for multiple instances. I use preloaded files also and I
        >turn off multiple instances for this reason.

        Thanks for the suggestion, but no, I have multiple instances disabled.

        >I have to defend Jody here because I have seen him be very helpful. He is
        >really overloaded with work, but tries his best.

        Having subscribed, on and off, to the various lists I'm aware of Jody's
        efforts - I don't know how he manages.

        --
        jnt
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 3, 2001
          Hi jnt,

          I'm not one much for just saying "thanks" back to the list to
          keep the posts down (do in private eMail a lot), but thanks jnt.
          I am disabled so I do not have a 40 hour week job to go to which
          puts me about 50 hours ahead of most people although I do a few
          hours a day (sometimes more and sometimes a lot less) support
          mail. ;)

          I do have a number of FAQs in a Library that I just type a
          keyword (or letter(s) into my eMail program and copy/cut and the
          full FAQ is sent from NoteTab to where I copied or cut the text
          from. It, my Library that I call NoteBack (Back is my copy;),
          uses NoteTab's OnClipboardChange event and PasteBack command. It
          works on the same principle as the PasteClips Library that ships
          with NoteTab, but a bit more complicated. If I forget my
          keyword, I type in a "?" without the quotes and a wizard comes up
          with my keywords first in parenthesis to help me remember them
          and then a short description on what the FAQ is about. I simply
          click on the one I want then OK (or double click) and the full
          FAQ is shipped "along with me" back to my eMail client.

          http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab