Re: [NTB] Categories

    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 2, 2001
      Hi Mark,

      I keep mine to one main default for resource issues. I am still
      on a 350AMD with 128MB RAM and prefer speed over anything else.
      I have about 10 favorites listed in my default and most them are
      directories. I only have Wayne's most outdated Cross Reference
      with my updates (no or few links), a cou[ple .htm files, and
      NotePro.ini on it.

      >I'm not sure I'm using NTP Categories to best effect. The best I
      >can work out for me is to have Categories as below:
      >
      >HTML1
      >HTML2 etc (ie one for each website)
      >TXT (for text files)
      >OTL (for outlines)
      >
      >Obviously different people use these Categories in different
      >ways, but is my logic right here? How do other users use
      >Categories?

      http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab
    • Daniel Prince
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 3, 2001
        I use NoteTab Standard 4.6a/np. When I search for text, the found
        text is usually displayed on the last line of the screen. I would
        VERY much prefer it to display the found text somewhere in the middle
        of the screen so that I can read at least four lines before and four
        lines after the found text. Is there any way to do this? I have
        looked at the options and the help file but I didn't find anything.
        Thank you in advance for all replies.
        --
        Most of the time when you tell someone that their product or
        service is defective their first and usually only responce is
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 4, 2001
          Hi Daniel,

          >I use NoteTab Standard 4.6a/np. When I search for text, the found
          >text is usually displayed on the last line of the screen. I would
          >VERY much prefer it to display the found text somewhere in the middle
          >of the screen so that I can read at least four lines before and four
          >lines after the found text. Is there any way to do this?

          It's 5 lines up for me in Pro v4.84, but I do notice it is two
          lines in Std 4.84. I'll post over on the ntb-NextRelease list
          since Eric is working on Album Express 2.5 and NoteTab 4.85 now.
          If you would like to upgrade to 4.84 here's the link; it is free
          for all 4.x users:

          Limited time discounts on other software like WordWeb:
          http://www.notetab.com/upgrade484.htm
          After the discount price ends for other software:
          http://www.notetab.com/upgrade.htm

          http://www.notetab.com/dictionaries.htm

          >Most of the time when you tell someone that their product or
          >service is defective their first and usually only responce is
          >that it must be something else in your system that is
          >malfunctioning, you're mistaken or you're using it wrong.

          A lot of the times it is the system they are on though or they
          are using it wrong, although it is best not to tell them that and
          just explain what the problem is or the correct method. ;)

          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 5, 2001
            On Sun, 04 Mar 2001 02:03:30 -0600, Jody <av1611@...>
            wrote:

            >Hi Daniel,
            >
            >>I use NoteTab Standard 4.6a/np. When I search for text, the found
            >>text is usually displayed on the last line of the screen. I would
            >>VERY much prefer it to display the found text somewhere in the middle
            >>of the screen so that I can read at least four lines before and four
            >>lines after the found text. Is there any way to do this?
            >
            >It's 5 lines up for me in Pro v4.84, but I do notice it is two
            >lines in Std 4.84.

            I upgraded to Std 4.84 and there is one line visible below the line
            with the found text. Is that what you get?

            >I'll post over on the ntb-NextRelease list
            >since Eric is working on Album Express 2.5 and NoteTab 4.85 now.

            What is the ntb-NextRelease list?
            --
            My cat is so concerned about my health that he tries to steal
            food off my plate to prevent me from over eating. He also lies
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 5, 2001
              How do I go about getting another copy of NTB...I registered mine, puter crashed today, just got back online, and with thought that little green ebot how am i suppose to download it again.
              >>I use NoteTab Standard 4.6a/np. When I search for text, the found
              >>text is usually displayed on the last line of the screen. I would
              >>VERY much prefer it to display the found text somewhere in the middle
              >>of the screen so that I can read at least four lines before and four
              >>lines after the found text. Is there any way to do this?
              >
              >It's 5 lines up for me in Pro v4.84, but I do notice it is two
              >lines in Std 4.84.

              I upgraded to Std 4.84 and there is one line visible below the line
              with the found text. Is that what you get?

              >I'll post over on the ntb-NextRelease list
              >since Eric is working on Album Express 2.5 and NoteTab 4.85 now.

              What is the ntb-NextRelease list?
              --
              My cat is so concerned about my health that he tries to steal
              food off my plate to prevent me from over eating. He also lies
              across my arms when I am at the computer to keep me from
              typing too much and getting carpal tunnel syndrome.

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              Click Here to Find Software Faster

              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 5, 2001
                Hi Daniel

                >> It's 5 lines up for me in Pro v4.84, but I do notice it is two
                >> lines in Std 4.84.
                >
                >I upgraded to Std 4.84 and there is one line visible below the
                >line with the found text. Is that what you get?

                Yes.

                >> I'll post over on the ntb-NextRelease list since Eric is
                >> working on Album Express 2.5 and NoteTab 4.85 now.
                >
                >What is the ntb-NextRelease list?

                It is where we discuss features for new releases, report bugs for
                testing, beta test upcoming releases, and like things.

                Happy Test'n,
                Jody Adair

                Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 5, 2001
                  Hi Juanita,

                  >How do I go about getting another copy of NTB...I registered
                  >mine, puter crashed today, just got back online, and with thought
                  >that little green ebot how am i suppose to download it again.

                  I will write you private eMail.

                  http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab