Categories

  • MH7
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 2, 2001
      Hi all,

      I'm not sure I'm using NTP Categories to best effect. The best I can work
      out for me is to have Categories as below:

      HTML1
      HTML2 etc (ie one for each website)
      TXT (for text files)
      OTL (for outlines)

      Obviously different people use these Categories in different ways, but is my
      logic right here? How do other users use Categories?

      Regards,
      Mark Halsall
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 2, 2001
        Hi Mark,

        I keep mine to one main default for resource issues. I am still
        on a 350AMD with 128MB RAM and prefer speed over anything else.
        I have about 10 favorites listed in my default and most them are
        directories. I only have Wayne's most outdated Cross Reference
        with my updates (no or few links), a cou[ple .htm files, and
        NotePro.ini on it.

        >I'm not sure I'm using NTP Categories to best effect. The best I
        >can work out for me is to have Categories as below:
        >
        >HTML1
        >HTML2 etc (ie one for each website)
        >TXT (for text files)
        >OTL (for outlines)
        >
        >Obviously different people use these Categories in different
        >ways, but is my logic right here? How do other users use
        >Categories?

        http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab
      • Daniel Prince
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 3, 2001
          I use NoteTab Standard 4.6a/np. When I search for text, the found
          text is usually displayed on the last line of the screen. I would
          VERY much prefer it to display the found text somewhere in the middle
          of the screen so that I can read at least four lines before and four
          lines after the found text. Is there any way to do this? I have
          looked at the options and the help file but I didn't find anything.
          Thank you in advance for all replies.
          --
          Most of the time when you tell someone that their product or
          service is defective their first and usually only responce is
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 4, 2001
            Hi Daniel,

            >I use NoteTab Standard 4.6a/np. When I search for text, the found
            >text is usually displayed on the last line of the screen. I would
            >VERY much prefer it to display the found text somewhere in the middle
            >of the screen so that I can read at least four lines before and four
            >lines after the found text. Is there any way to do this?

            It's 5 lines up for me in Pro v4.84, but I do notice it is two
            lines in Std 4.84. I'll post over on the ntb-NextRelease list
            since Eric is working on Album Express 2.5 and NoteTab 4.85 now.
            If you would like to upgrade to 4.84 here's the link; it is free
            for all 4.x users:

            Limited time discounts on other software like WordWeb:
            http://www.notetab.com/upgrade484.htm
            After the discount price ends for other software:
            http://www.notetab.com/upgrade.htm

            http://www.notetab.com/dictionaries.htm

            >Most of the time when you tell someone that their product or
            >service is defective their first and usually only responce is
            >that it must be something else in your system that is
            >malfunctioning, you're mistaken or you're using it wrong.

            A lot of the times it is the system they are on though or they
            are using it wrong, although it is best not to tell them that and
            just explain what the problem is or the correct method. ;)

            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 5, 2001
              On Sun, 04 Mar 2001 02:03:30 -0600, Jody <av1611@...>
              wrote:

              >Hi Daniel,
              >
              >>I use NoteTab Standard 4.6a/np. When I search for text, the found
              >>text is usually displayed on the last line of the screen. I would
              >>VERY much prefer it to display the found text somewhere in the middle
              >>of the screen so that I can read at least four lines before and four
              >>lines after the found text. Is there any way to do this?
              >
              >It's 5 lines up for me in Pro v4.84, but I do notice it is two
              >lines in Std 4.84.

              I upgraded to Std 4.84 and there is one line visible below the line
              with the found text. Is that what you get?

              >I'll post over on the ntb-NextRelease list
              >since Eric is working on Album Express 2.5 and NoteTab 4.85 now.

              What is the ntb-NextRelease list?
              --
              My cat is so concerned about my health that he tries to steal
              food off my plate to prevent me from over eating. He also lies
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 5, 2001
                How do I go about getting another copy of NTB...I registered mine, puter crashed today, just got back online, and with thought that little green ebot how am i suppose to download it again.
                >>I use NoteTab Standard 4.6a/np. When I search for text, the found
                >>text is usually displayed on the last line of the screen. I would
                >>VERY much prefer it to display the found text somewhere in the middle
                >>of the screen so that I can read at least four lines before and four
                >>lines after the found text. Is there any way to do this?
                >
                >It's 5 lines up for me in Pro v4.84, but I do notice it is two
                >lines in Std 4.84.

                I upgraded to Std 4.84 and there is one line visible below the line
                with the found text. Is that what you get?

                >I'll post over on the ntb-NextRelease list
                >since Eric is working on Album Express 2.5 and NoteTab 4.85 now.

                What is the ntb-NextRelease list?
                --
                My cat is so concerned about my health that he tries to steal
                food off my plate to prevent me from over eating. He also lies
                across my arms when I am at the computer to keep me from
                typing too much and getting carpal tunnel syndrome.

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                Click Here to Find Software Faster

                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 5, 2001
                  Hi Daniel

                  >> It's 5 lines up for me in Pro v4.84, but I do notice it is two
                  >> lines in Std 4.84.
                  >
                  >I upgraded to Std 4.84 and there is one line visible below the
                  >line with the found text. Is that what you get?

                  Yes.

                  >> I'll post over on the ntb-NextRelease list since Eric is
                  >> working on Album Express 2.5 and NoteTab 4.85 now.
                  >
                  >What is the ntb-NextRelease list?

                  It is where we discuss features for new releases, report bugs for
                  testing, beta test upcoming releases, and like things.

                  Happy Test'n,
                  Jody Adair

                  Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 5, 2001
                    Hi Juanita,

                    >How do I go about getting another copy of NTB...I registered
                    >mine, puter crashed today, just got back online, and with thought
                    >that little green ebot how am i suppose to download it again.

                    I will write you private eMail.

                    http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab