Tools | Quick Open Links (was differance)

    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 2, 2001
      Hi David,

      >I have got notetabstd 4.84 with html options on , library bar on
      >, status bar on , toolbar on and clipbars on .
      >Double clicking on any hyperlink in any otl goes to the right
      >place up or down.
      >Double clicking on text brings up open link in browser also
      >ctrl+h and ctrl double click work as well.

      The reason why the text is coming up in the Open Link dialog (F9)
      is because you have Quick Open Links checked under Tools. If you
      uncheck that double clicking will highlight the text. You can
      still open up links when double clicking with it off, but you
      need to hold down the Ctrl key while clicking. Ctrl+H is
      normally for [hyperlinks] in Outlines, but will open URLs and
      eMail links.

      >I also run a version of notetabstd 4.84 on a separate ini that
      >has the html options on , library bar off , status bar off ,
      >toolbar off and clipbars off , also ctrl+h and ctrl double click
      >work as well.
      >Double clicking on text in this version highlights the word .
      >Double clicking on any hyperlink in this version again highlights
      >the word and does nothing.
      >I have got the both browsers set in options
      >
      >WHY Double Click not work in both versions????

      See above. ;) Check or uncheck Quick Open Links in one of them and
      they will act the same way.

      http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 2, 2001
        Hi Lotta,

        >turned on or not. If it's off (default) Ctrl + double click is
        >needed. I've never used Std so I don't know if it has this
        >feature, but guess is it does.

        A triple click in Std/Light will highlight the whole paragraph, a
        line up to the CR/LF or hard line break if you will. Pro will do
        it also if you place your mouse pointer in the gutter, the left
        hand "buffer" where the mouse pointer changes direction. No
        extra charge for that tidbit. ;)

        http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab
      • Lotta
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 2, 2001
          Jody,

          >A triple click in Std/Light will highlight the whole paragraph, a
          >line up to the CR/LF or hard line break if you will. Pro will do
          >it also if you place your mouse pointer in the gutter, the left
          >hand "buffer" where the mouse pointer changes direction.

          And NOW you tell me... That was neat. And one only needs to double click
          and hey, I can first click - highlight the line, wait awhile and click -
          get the paragraph too. Yum yum!

          L.
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 2, 2001
            Hi Lotta,

            >> A triple click in Std/Light will highlight the whole paragraph,
            >> a line up to the CR/LF or hard line break if you will. Pro
            >> will do it also if you place your mouse pointer in the gutter,
            >> the left hand "buffer" where the mouse pointer changes direction.
            >
            >And NOW you tell me... That was neat. And one only needs to
            >double click and hey, I can first click - highlight the line,
            >wait awhile and click -get the paragraph too. Yum yum!

            OK, so I guessed wrong again from memory. At my old age of 46
            its hard to remember all the clicks. <g> I believe it is
            mandatory in Std/Light just like your eMail program - three quick
            clicks. It's an input control thing.

            Happy Click'n
            -jody

            P.S. Those keyboarders don't have anything up on us mousers. <vbg>

            http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab