Re: [NTB] NTB v5.0 Wish List

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 5, 2001
      Hi Mike,

      > - more color highlighting options for HTML,
      > ASP, JavaScript, etc.
      >
      > - customizeable (is that a word?) keyboard
      > shortcuts - ie: Ctrl+Enter for <BR> or
      > Ctrl+Space for

      Both those are coming in v5.

      > - finally, and I don't know if this is a
      > wide-spread problem, make it so that when
      > I click on F8 or the equivalent icon, my
      > browser comes up more reliably. For me,
      > IE only comes into focus half the time if
      > it's already open. NS 4.7 won't come into
      > focus at all if it's already open.

      There is a setting in the registry that may help. Tweak UI 2000
      has a place where it will make the entry for you. What it deals
      with is MS locking out other software from coming to the front
      because they though programmers were taking advantage of the
      feature. The easiest thing to do is download Tweak UI 2000 and
      change the setting it to allow the browser to come to the front.
      The next thing is to write me private eMail and I will search my
      mail for the Win98 and 2000 registry settings and you do it
      manually or you can go to one of the Window's annoyances sites
      and get the manual setting from there.

      I would be interested in hearing if that clears the problem
      please. Also, let me know what OS you are in and if you have a
      browser configured in the Main Browser on the Internet tab in
      Options.

      You might try Netscape in Options | Tools | Custom Launch
      (Launch Document button).

      >Thanks Jody and Eric!!!

      ;)

      http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab