cannot save files

  • beret
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2001
      hi.

      I've been away from this list for some time, so I don's know what's been
      going on here. Maybe asking something that has been asked a thousands
      times.
      But it's getting e very nasty problem for me:

      Every time I start a Notetab (NT light) session , I can not save more
      than 3, sometimes maybe a few more documents, but after that the

      'save',
      'save as' and
      'save all'

      -commands just refuse.

      This happend before with version 3.7 and something.
      It happens now with version 3.84.
      until now restarting the program helped long anough. But since yesterday
      even that doesn't help. Deleting the ini-file doesn't help either.
      And I am not aware of doing particular things I did'nt do before.

      (help!)

      grtz. bert.
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 2, 2001
        Hi Beret,

        >I've been away from this list for some time,...

        Hi stranger!-)

        >Every time I start a Notetab (NT light) session , I can not save
        >more than 3, sometimes maybe a few more documents, but after that
        >the
        >
        >'save',
        >'save as' and
        >'save all'

        Make sure another program does not have them locked out and that
        you upgrade at least to 4.83 which I suspect is what you meant by
        3.83 or get the latest pre-release beta of NoteTab Light.
        Perhaps Pro Trial would work for you?

        You can now download NoteTab Pro (Trial) and NoteTab Light 4.84
        beta #11 from the following page:

        http://www.notetab.com/beta.htm

        A few years back we saw a similar problem happen when IE4 was
        installed. It did not happen on everybody's machine, but a large
        portion. Normally the Open dialog also when bad or just the open
        and not the save. It was also happening in other programs, not
        just NoteTab. After awhile Microsoft came out with a fix, but
        that is included with most or all MS' software now. Another list
        members had the same problem, or at least symptoms you are
        having, tried a new install, etc. She did the updates of the
        files that usually caused the problem and none of it worked. She
        ended up reformatting her hard drive and has not seen the problem
        again last I heard. You might try going to the MS Update Center...

        http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab