RE: [NTB] drag selected without the mouse

  • Gauffin Claes
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 2, 2001
      Hi Jim,

      > >Jody and Clueless, you had a discussion recently on NRN
      > (Auto-Unselect
      > >text...) that led me to believe that it's possible to drag
      > selected text
      > >without using the mouse. Is it and how do I do that, please?
      >
      > A DRAG & DROP of selected text with the Mouse is really just
      > a COPY/CUT and
      > PASTE operation.

      Not quite. D&D does not occupy the clipboard which to me is one
      reason it sometimes is useful. Is what Lotta asks for possible?

      Regards /Claes
    • David McIntosh
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 2, 2001
        Hi
        Have you had a look at the WIN95/98 options in START\SETTINGS\CONTROL
        PANEL\ACCESSABILITY it has magnifier for screen and such like.
        THANKYOU DAVE

        gail wrote:

        > I have a vision problem and it would be enormously helpful if there was an
        > option to highlight the cursor line. Is this currently available? If not,
        > how about adding this as an option in a future version?

      • Paul Johnson
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 2, 2001
          I use NoteTab Pro as a replacement for Windows dreadful Notepad, but my
          workhorse editor is CodeWright. It's a LOT more money than NoteTab, but it
          does a lot more, and one of the things it does is highlight the cursor line,
          which I find an enormous help.

          I am amazed at how many excellent features NoteTab includes without
          exhibiting feature bloat, but if you need the features of CodeWright it is
          well worth the money. Be warned, however, there is a pretty steep learning
          curve -- it is intended for programmers.

          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 2, 2001
            Hi Paul,

            >I have a vision problem and it would be enormously helpful if
            >there was an option to highlight the cursor line. Is this
            >currently available? If not, how about adding this as an option
            >in a future version?

            Perhaps you missed it yesterday when I posted that to the best of
            my knowledge it is coming in version 5. Thanks for the nice
            things you said about NoteTab. Other software needs to be
            discussed on the Off-Topic list though.

            Happy Topics,
            Jody

            The NoteTab Off-Topic List