RE: [NTB] Newbie questions:

  • Paul Johnson
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 2, 2001
      That's a clever solution, but as you point out, it is not a real solution.

      The ability to assign combinations to clips would be enormously valuable and
      I would place it high on my wish-list.

      Best regards,

      paul

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 2, 2001
        Hi Paul,

        >Let me start by saying that I have bought NoteTab Pro, and I love it.

        That's the right place to start! :)

        >Is it possible to assign a keystroke to a clipboard macro? If
        >not, this is my first request.

        No in the sense of making custom keyboard shortcuts, but you can
        use keyboard commands in what we normally refer to as Clips, but
        Macros is also used. For discussion on it please sign for the
        NoteTab clips list as suggested and you can also find it in Help
        under Clip Language - Keyboard Macros and the Glossary under Clip
        and also Macro.

        Happy Clip'n!

        Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
        http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips
      • Paul Johnson
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 2, 2001
          Custom launch is an excellent feature, but it seems to have a flaw (unless
          I'm missing something).

          I use another excellent program called WinBatch to run sophisticated Windows
          Batch files (similar to, but better than Windows Scripting). WinBatch files
          are plain text and ideally suited to being edited in NoteTab Pro. I would
          like to launch them from NoteTab Pro, but in order to get it working it
          seems that I have to set my Custom Launch field to: C:\Program
          Files\WinBatch\System\WinBatch.exe "^**"

          The problem with this is that if I want to work on a VBS script, I would
          have to change this to:

          C:\WINDOWS\WScript.exe "^**"

          For every different type of script, I need to change the Custom Launch
          field.

          It would be a lot easier if I could just set the Custom Launch field to
          "^**" and have NotePad use the associated program.

          Or am I missing something?

          Thanks,

          Paul
        • Greg Chapman
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 6, 2001
            Hi Paul,

            > It would be a lot easier if I could just set the Custom Launch field to
            > "^**" and have NotePad use the associated program.
            >
            > Or am I missing something?

            Perhaps I am missing something, but surely one of the options listed on the Help
            file under "Command Line options, along with a dedicated icon should do the
            trick?

            Greg