Re: [NTB] highlight cursor line?

    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 1, 2001
      Hi Gail,

      >I have a vision problem and it would be enormously helpful if
      >there was an option to highlight the cursor line. Is this
      >currently available? If not, how about adding this as an option
      >in a future version?

      We should have the capability of doing that in version five due
      to the new input control used. The only thing I can suggest for
      now and probably not workable for you is to run NoteTab in the
      Insert mode. Press the Insert key to highlight the cursor or
      double click where it says Ins on the Statusbar. "Ovr" will be
      seen to let you know you are in overwrite mode.

      http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab
    • Jim Hall
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 2, 2001
        Lotta and All,

        At 10:01 PM 2/1/01, you wrote:
        >Hi,
        >
        >Jody and Clueless, you had a discussion recently on NRN (Auto-Unselect
        >text...) that led me to believe that it's possible to drag selected text
        >without using the mouse. Is it and how do I do that, please?

        For the Typist Users (People who either can't or don't desire to use the mouse)

        The Cursor can be positioned using the Standard Windows Cursor Keys
        (UP/DOWN ARROW , HOME/END , PAGE UP/PAGE DOWN)

        When the cursor is at the beginning of a line the line can be highlighted
        using a SHIFT+END

        When the cursor is at the end of a line the line can be highlighted using a
        SHIFT+HOME

        The line can be COPIED/CUT using CTRL+C/CTRL+X

        The cursor can then be repositioned in the above manor, and the line can
        then be PASTED using a CTRL+V

        The PASTED text will be inserted to the right of the current cursor
        position and if it ends with a CRLF (^P) a new line will be created.

        Blocks can be highlighted by placing the cursor at the beginning/end of the
        block and holding the SHIFT key down while moving the cursor to the
        end/beginning of the block (either down or up the page)

        Text from the cursor position to the top of the document can be highlighted
        using a CTRL+SHIFT+HOME or a SHIFT+PAGE UP

        Text from the cursor position to the bottom of the document can be
        highlighted using a CTRL+SHIFT+END or a SHIFT+PAGE DOWN

        A DRAG & DROP of selected text with the Mouse is really just a COPY/CUT and
        PASTE operation.

        Hope this answered your question.

        Regards,

        Jim
      • Gauffin Claes
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 2, 2001
          Hi Jim,

          > >Jody and Clueless, you had a discussion recently on NRN
          > (Auto-Unselect
          > >text...) that led me to believe that it's possible to drag
          > selected text
          > >without using the mouse. Is it and how do I do that, please?
          >
          > A DRAG & DROP of selected text with the Mouse is really just
          > a COPY/CUT and
          > PASTE operation.

          Not quite. D&D does not occupy the clipboard which to me is one
          reason it sometimes is useful. Is what Lotta asks for possible?

          Regards /Claes
        • David McIntosh
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 2, 2001
            Hi
            Have you had a look at the WIN95/98 options in START\SETTINGS\CONTROL
            PANEL\ACCESSABILITY it has magnifier for screen and such like.
            THANKYOU DAVE

            gail wrote:

            > I have a vision problem and it would be enormously helpful if there was an
            > option to highlight the cursor line. Is this currently available? If not,
            > how about adding this as an option in a future version?

          • Paul Johnson
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 2, 2001
              I use NoteTab Pro as a replacement for Windows dreadful Notepad, but my
              workhorse editor is CodeWright. It's a LOT more money than NoteTab, but it
              does a lot more, and one of the things it does is highlight the cursor line,
              which I find an enormous help.

              I am amazed at how many excellent features NoteTab includes without
              exhibiting feature bloat, but if you need the features of CodeWright it is
              well worth the money. Be warned, however, there is a pretty steep learning
              curve -- it is intended for programmers.

              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 2, 2001
                Hi Paul,

                >I have a vision problem and it would be enormously helpful if
                >there was an option to highlight the cursor line. Is this
                >currently available? If not, how about adding this as an option
                >in a future version?

                Perhaps you missed it yesterday when I posted that to the best of
                my knowledge it is coming in version 5. Thanks for the nice
                things you said about NoteTab. Other software needs to be
                discussed on the Off-Topic list though.

                Happy Topics,
                Jody

                The NoteTab Off-Topic List