Re: [NTB] Newbie questions:

  • Jim Hall
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2001
      Paul,

      At 04:36 PM 2/1/01, you wrote:
      >Is it possible to assign a keystroke to a clipboard macro? If not, this is
      >my first request.

      The politically correct answer to your question would be no.

      However if you really want to do this there is a way.

      Whether or not it is practical for you is another question.

      If you create a Clip Library whose Clips have a single letter header (name)
      AND
      You have TOOLS|Auto-replace Mode checked
      THEN
      If that Clip Library is the active library in the ClipBook, typing the
      single letter header followed by an ENTER will cause that clip to be executed.

      For the most part this isn't real practical but for a special situation, it
      might just be the answer.

      You can find more info on Clip Writing in the Help Menu and at:

      http://www.jimbow.com/

      http://www.notetab.net/

      Or by Subscribing to the following:

      The NoteTab Clips List................. ntb-Clips-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      The NoteTab ClipsClass List............ ntb-ClipClass-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com
    • Paul Johnson
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 2, 2001
        That's a clever solution, but as you point out, it is not a real solution.

        The ability to assign combinations to clips would be enormously valuable and
        I would place it high on my wish-list.

        Best regards,

        paul

        >Is it possible to assign a keystroke to a clipboard macro? If not, this is
        >my first request.

        The politically correct answer to your question would be no.

        However if you really want to do this there is a way.

        Whether or not it is practical for you is another question.

        If you create a Clip Library whose Clips have a single letter header (name)
        AND
        You have TOOLS|Auto-replace Mode checked
        THEN
        If that Clip Library is the active library in the ClipBook, typing the
        single letter header followed by an ENTER will cause that clip to be
        executed.

        For the most part this isn't real practical but for a special situation, it
        might just be the answer.

        You can find more info on Clip Writing in the Help Menu and at:

        http://www.jimbow.com/

        http://www.notetab.net/

        Or by Subscribing to the following:

        The NoteTab Clips List................. ntb-Clips-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com
        The NoteTab ClipsClass List............
        ntb-ClipClass-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        www.
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 2, 2001
          Hi Paul,

          >Let me start by saying that I have bought NoteTab Pro, and I love it.

          That's the right place to start! :)

          >Is it possible to assign a keystroke to a clipboard macro? If
          >not, this is my first request.

          No in the sense of making custom keyboard shortcuts, but you can
          use keyboard commands in what we normally refer to as Clips, but
          Macros is also used. For discussion on it please sign for the
          NoteTab clips list as suggested and you can also find it in Help
          under Clip Language - Keyboard Macros and the Glossary under Clip
          and also Macro.

          Happy Clip'n!

          Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
          http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips
        • Paul Johnson
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 2, 2001
            Custom launch is an excellent feature, but it seems to have a flaw (unless
            I'm missing something).

            I use another excellent program called WinBatch to run sophisticated Windows
            Batch files (similar to, but better than Windows Scripting). WinBatch files
            are plain text and ideally suited to being edited in NoteTab Pro. I would
            like to launch them from NoteTab Pro, but in order to get it working it
            seems that I have to set my Custom Launch field to: C:\Program
            Files\WinBatch\System\WinBatch.exe "^**"

            The problem with this is that if I want to work on a VBS script, I would
            have to change this to:

            C:\WINDOWS\WScript.exe "^**"

            For every different type of script, I need to change the Custom Launch
            field.

            It would be a lot easier if I could just set the Custom Launch field to
            "^**" and have NotePad use the associated program.

            Or am I missing something?

            Thanks,

            Paul
          • Greg Chapman
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 6, 2001
              Hi Paul,

              > It would be a lot easier if I could just set the Custom Launch field to
              > "^**" and have NotePad use the associated program.
              >
              > Or am I missing something?

              Perhaps I am missing something, but surely one of the options listed on the Help
              file under "Command Line options, along with a dedicated icon should do the
              trick?

              Greg