Newbie questions:

  • Paul Johnson
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2001
      Let me start by saying that I have bought NoteTab Pro, and I love it. It's
      an incredible value. I normally use CodeWright, which is also a wonderful
      program, but was looking for something to replace the hateful notepad. Most
      of the notepad replacements are over-burdened with gizmos and features which
      cause performance to suffer. Win32Pad, written entirely in assembly
      language, is brilliantly small and fast, but it has NO features. NoteTab,
      with the clip book, is a wonderful combination of features, performance, and
      price. WELL DONE!!!

      Ok, now for my question:

      Is it possible to assign a keystroke to a clipboard macro? If not, this is
      my first request.

      TIA,

      Paul
    • Jim Hall
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1, 2001
        Paul,

        At 04:36 PM 2/1/01, you wrote:
        >Is it possible to assign a keystroke to a clipboard macro? If not, this is
        >my first request.

        The politically correct answer to your question would be no.

        However if you really want to do this there is a way.

        Whether or not it is practical for you is another question.

        If you create a Clip Library whose Clips have a single letter header (name)
        AND
        You have TOOLS|Auto-replace Mode checked
        THEN
        If that Clip Library is the active library in the ClipBook, typing the
        single letter header followed by an ENTER will cause that clip to be executed.

        For the most part this isn't real practical but for a special situation, it
        might just be the answer.

        You can find more info on Clip Writing in the Help Menu and at:

        http://www.jimbow.com/

        http://www.notetab.net/

        Or by Subscribing to the following:

        The NoteTab Clips List................. ntb-Clips-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com
        The NoteTab ClipsClass List............ ntb-ClipClass-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      • Paul Johnson
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 2, 2001
          That's a clever solution, but as you point out, it is not a real solution.

          The ability to assign combinations to clips would be enormously valuable and
          I would place it high on my wish-list.

          Best regards,

          paul

          >Is it possible to assign a keystroke to a clipboard macro? If not, this is
          >my first request.

          The politically correct answer to your question would be no.

          However if you really want to do this there is a way.

          Whether or not it is practical for you is another question.

          If you create a Clip Library whose Clips have a single letter header (name)
          AND
          You have TOOLS|Auto-replace Mode checked
          THEN
          If that Clip Library is the active library in the ClipBook, typing the
          single letter header followed by an ENTER will cause that clip to be
          executed.

          For the most part this isn't real practical but for a special situation, it
          might just be the answer.

          You can find more info on Clip Writing in the Help Menu and at:

          http://www.jimbow.com/

          http://www.notetab.net/

          Or by Subscribing to the following:

          The NoteTab Clips List................. ntb-Clips-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com
          The NoteTab ClipsClass List............
          ntb-ClipClass-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          www.
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 2, 2001
            Hi Paul,

            >Let me start by saying that I have bought NoteTab Pro, and I love it.

            That's the right place to start! :)

            >Is it possible to assign a keystroke to a clipboard macro? If
            >not, this is my first request.

            No in the sense of making custom keyboard shortcuts, but you can
            use keyboard commands in what we normally refer to as Clips, but
            Macros is also used. For discussion on it please sign for the
            NoteTab clips list as suggested and you can also find it in Help
            under Clip Language - Keyboard Macros and the Glossary under Clip
            and also Macro.

            Happy Clip'n!

            Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
            http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips
          • Paul Johnson
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 2, 2001
              Custom launch is an excellent feature, but it seems to have a flaw (unless
              I'm missing something).

              I use another excellent program called WinBatch to run sophisticated Windows
              Batch files (similar to, but better than Windows Scripting). WinBatch files
              are plain text and ideally suited to being edited in NoteTab Pro. I would
              like to launch them from NoteTab Pro, but in order to get it working it
              seems that I have to set my Custom Launch field to: C:\Program
              Files\WinBatch\System\WinBatch.exe "^**"

              The problem with this is that if I want to work on a VBS script, I would
              have to change this to:

              C:\WINDOWS\WScript.exe "^**"

              For every different type of script, I need to change the Custom Launch
              field.

              It would be a lot easier if I could just set the Custom Launch field to
              "^**" and have NotePad use the associated program.

              Or am I missing something?

              Thanks,

              Paul
            • Greg Chapman
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 6, 2001
                Hi Paul,

                > It would be a lot easier if I could just set the Custom Launch field to
                > "^**" and have NotePad use the associated program.
                >
                > Or am I missing something?

                Perhaps I am missing something, but surely one of the options listed on the Help
                file under "Command Line options, along with a dedicated icon should do the
                trick?

                Greg