highlight cursor line?

  • gail
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 1, 2001
      I have a vision problem and it would be enormously helpful if there was an
      option to highlight the cursor line. Is this currently available? If not,
      how about adding this as an option in a future version?
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 1, 2001
        Hi Gail,

        >I have a vision problem and it would be enormously helpful if
        >there was an option to highlight the cursor line. Is this
        >currently available? If not, how about adding this as an option
        >in a future version?

        We should have the capability of doing that in version five due
        to the new input control used. The only thing I can suggest for
        now and probably not workable for you is to run NoteTab in the
        Insert mode. Press the Insert key to highlight the cursor or
        double click where it says Ins on the Statusbar. "Ovr" will be
        seen to let you know you are in overwrite mode.

        http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab
      • Lotta
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 1, 2001
          Hi,

          Jody and Clueless, you had a discussion recently on NRN (Auto-Unselect
          text...) that led me to believe that it's possible to drag selected text
          without using the mouse. Is it and how do I do that, please?

          Bye,
          Lotta
        • Jim Hall
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 2, 2001
            Lotta and All,

            At 10:01 PM 2/1/01, you wrote:
            >Hi,
            >
            >Jody and Clueless, you had a discussion recently on NRN (Auto-Unselect
            >text...) that led me to believe that it's possible to drag selected text
            >without using the mouse. Is it and how do I do that, please?

            For the Typist Users (People who either can't or don't desire to use the mouse)

            The Cursor can be positioned using the Standard Windows Cursor Keys
            (UP/DOWN ARROW , HOME/END , PAGE UP/PAGE DOWN)

            When the cursor is at the beginning of a line the line can be highlighted
            using a SHIFT+END

            When the cursor is at the end of a line the line can be highlighted using a
            SHIFT+HOME

            The line can be COPIED/CUT using CTRL+C/CTRL+X

            The cursor can then be repositioned in the above manor, and the line can
            then be PASTED using a CTRL+V

            The PASTED text will be inserted to the right of the current cursor
            position and if it ends with a CRLF (^P) a new line will be created.

            Blocks can be highlighted by placing the cursor at the beginning/end of the
            block and holding the SHIFT key down while moving the cursor to the
            end/beginning of the block (either down or up the page)

            Text from the cursor position to the top of the document can be highlighted
            using a CTRL+SHIFT+HOME or a SHIFT+PAGE UP

            Text from the cursor position to the bottom of the document can be
            highlighted using a CTRL+SHIFT+END or a SHIFT+PAGE DOWN

            A DRAG & DROP of selected text with the Mouse is really just a COPY/CUT and
            PASTE operation.

            Hope this answered your question.

            Regards,

            Jim
          • Gauffin Claes
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 2, 2001
              Hi Jim,

              > >Jody and Clueless, you had a discussion recently on NRN
              > (Auto-Unselect
              > >text...) that led me to believe that it's possible to drag
              > selected text
              > >without using the mouse. Is it and how do I do that, please?
              >
              > A DRAG & DROP of selected text with the Mouse is really just
              > a COPY/CUT and
              > PASTE operation.

              Not quite. D&D does not occupy the clipboard which to me is one
              reason it sometimes is useful. Is what Lotta asks for possible?

              Regards /Claes
            • David McIntosh
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 2, 2001
                Hi
                Have you had a look at the WIN95/98 options in START\SETTINGS\CONTROL
                PANEL\ACCESSABILITY it has magnifier for screen and such like.
                THANKYOU DAVE

                gail wrote:

                > I have a vision problem and it would be enormously helpful if there was an
                > option to highlight the cursor line. Is this currently available? If not,
                > how about adding this as an option in a future version?

              • Paul Johnson
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 2, 2001
                  I use NoteTab Pro as a replacement for Windows dreadful Notepad, but my
                  workhorse editor is CodeWright. It's a LOT more money than NoteTab, but it
                  does a lot more, and one of the things it does is highlight the cursor line,
                  which I find an enormous help.

                  I am amazed at how many excellent features NoteTab includes without
                  exhibiting feature bloat, but if you need the features of CodeWright it is
                  well worth the money. Be warned, however, there is a pretty steep learning
                  curve -- it is intended for programmers.

                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 2, 2001
                    Hi Paul,

                    >I have a vision problem and it would be enormously helpful if
                    >there was an option to highlight the cursor line. Is this
                    >currently available? If not, how about adding this as an option
                    >in a future version?

                    Perhaps you missed it yesterday when I posted that to the best of
                    my knowledge it is coming in version 5. Thanks for the nice
                    things you said about NoteTab. Other software needs to be
                    discussed on the Off-Topic list though.

                    Happy Topics,
                    Jody

                    The NoteTab Off-Topic List