Window Position

  • Carter, Michael
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2001
      I'm using NoteTab Pro v4.83 on Windows 2000. I have dual monitors, and I'm
      running into a problem with the window positions.

      Whenever I open NoteTab, it wants to pop up in the center. Unfortunately,
      with 2 monitors, that means half is on one monitor and half is on the other.

      I've looked at the NOTETAB.INI file to see if there were any settings for it
      and this is what I found:

      [RestoreWindows]
      TEFO_FrmNotepad_Visible=1
      TEFO_FrmNotepad_Width=933
      TEFO_FrmNotepad_Height=933
      TEFO_FrmNotepad_StayOnTop=0
      TEFO_FrmNotepad_Top=77
      TEFO_FrmNotepad_Left=391
      TEFO_FrmNotepad_WindowState=2
      TEFO_FrmNotepad_Restore=1
      TEFO_FrmNotepad_Center=1
      TEFO_FrmNotepad_MonitorCount=2
      UseSystemTray=0

      This looked promising. I changed the TEFO_FrmNotepad_Center to =0. I even
      changed the TEFO_FrmNotepad_Left to a lower number. However, even after I
      save these changes, when I reopen NoteTab, these settings get reset.

      The only thing it seems to remember from each session is the Width and
      Height of the window.

      Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug? I haven't downloaded the 4.84
      beta, but since I didn't see anything in the Release notes, I figured this
      issue wasn't addressed there either.

      Thanks.

      --
      Michael J. Carter
      Associate Director, Software Development