Re: Win2000 and Notetab as an HTML Editor

  • pmartin@hiprofile.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2001
      --- In notetab@y..., Jody <av1611@e...> wrote:
      > Hi pmartin,
      >
      > > Just installed Notetab pro on Win 2000 and you are not able to
      > > replace notepad with notetab pro Fine my question is how do I
      > > get internet explorer 5.5 to see Notetab Pro as a choice for
      > > html editor in the tools internet options HTML Editor drop down
      > > menu
      >
      > First upgrade if you are not in version 4.83. Version 4.84 should
      > be released within 2-3 weeks hopefully.

      > Look in the Utilities Library under NoteTab Shortcuts and click
      > on the "Add IE Default HTML Editor" Clip. It will make an entry
      > in your registry.
      Thanks I had already hacked the registry manually and that worked
      before i checked back to see if anyone responded.
      Checked the clip above and same thing!
      There is a hack for view source code
      which I have posted below
      ================================
      Settings:
      Key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\
      Value Name: (Default)
      Data Type: REG_SZ (String Value)
      Value Data: Path and Filename of Editor
      Maybee someone should also make this a clip
      My clipping is rusty
      Thanks again
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2001
        Hi PMartin,

        Eric says he has it working now in 4.84 thanks to him and Grant
        and me nagging for a fix. <bg>

        http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab