Win2000 and Notetab as an HTML Editor

  • pmartin@hiprofile.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 31, 2001
      Just installed Notetab pro on Win 2000 and you are not able to
      replace notepad with notetab pro
      Fine my question is
      how do I get internet explorer 5.5 to see Notetab Pro as a choice for
      html editor
      in the tools
      internet options HTML Editor drop down menu
      Under winnt it used to be dummy notepad after i replaced ms notepad.
      I use Notetab pro exclusively as my html editor having used it for 3
      years now an i am not about to switch
      I need this feature badly
      Can anyone help
      thanks!
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 31, 2001
        Hi pmartin,

        > Just installed Notetab pro on Win 2000 and you are not able to
        > replace notepad with notetab pro Fine my question is how do I
        > get internet explorer 5.5 to see Notetab Pro as a choice for
        > html editor in the tools internet options HTML Editor drop down
        > menu

        First upgrade if you are not in version 4.83. Version 4.84 should
        be released within 2-3 weeks hopefully.

        http://www.notetab.com/upgrade.htm
        http://www.notetab.com/dictionaries.htm

        NoteTab Pro v4.83 (upgrade wrapper); size 1,720 KB:
        http://www.notetab.ch/ftp/ntp483k.exe

        NoteTab Std v4.83 (upgrade wrapper); size 1,655 KB:
        http://www.notetab.ch/ftp/nts483k.exe

        Setup program with English dictionaries and thesaurus
        (size 1,394 KB; updated 8 May 2000)
        http://www.notetab.com/ftp/dicts.exe

        NoteTab Light v4.83 (Freeware); size 1,465 KB:
        http://www.notetab.ch/ftp/ntfree.zip

        Look in the Utilities Library under NoteTab Shortcuts and click
        on the "Add IE Default HTML Editor" Clip. It will make an entry
        in your registry.
      • pmartin@hiprofile.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 1, 2001
          --- In notetab@y..., Jody <av1611@e...> wrote:
          > Hi pmartin,
          >
          > > Just installed Notetab pro on Win 2000 and you are not able to
          > > replace notepad with notetab pro Fine my question is how do I
          > > get internet explorer 5.5 to see Notetab Pro as a choice for
          > > html editor in the tools internet options HTML Editor drop down
          > > menu
          >
          > First upgrade if you are not in version 4.83. Version 4.84 should
          > be released within 2-3 weeks hopefully.

          > Look in the Utilities Library under NoteTab Shortcuts and click
          > on the "Add IE Default HTML Editor" Clip. It will make an entry
          > in your registry.
          Thanks I had already hacked the registry manually and that worked
          before i checked back to see if anyone responded.
          Checked the clip above and same thing!
          There is a hack for view source code
          which I have posted below
          ================================
          Settings:
          Key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\
          Value Name: (Default)
          Data Type: REG_SZ (String Value)
          Value Data: Path and Filename of Editor
          Maybee someone should also make this a clip
          My clipping is rusty
          Thanks again
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 1, 2001
            Hi PMartin,

            Eric says he has it working now in 4.84 thanks to him and Grant
            and me nagging for a fix. <bg>

            http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab