Re: [NTB] Disk files list

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 22, 2001
      Hi Steve,

      >How do you remove categories, not files, placed in the quick
      >list? I'm trying to delete a disk file category but the help page
      >is not much use.

      I assume you are talking about the Favorites view of Quick List.
      If so, that is control by what you have in the Favorites
      Categories. You need to go to Favorites | Categories to edit it
      off the main menu.

      >Also is it possible to add disk file lists to the favourites menu?

      I don't know what you mean by that. If you are referring to a
      ready made list of paths to your disk files, you can open the
      .fvr file found in NoteTab's Favorite folder to which Favorite
      Category you want to add the list to and add it or edit the list
      from there. You can make a Category from a list by saving the
      line by line list as a .fvr file in NoteTab's Favorites folder.

      You can also add a directory to open from the Favorites menu from
      Favorites | Organize. The Add... items work with the focused
      document(s), so Favorites | Organize| Add path Name to Favorites
      would add the path to the focused file, but would open the Open
      dialog for that folder when clicked on from the Quick List in the
      Favorites view. Goto Favorites gives you another way to add
      them.

      You can also use Toolbar and Shortcut tools found under those
      tabs in Option. I think it is the Shift key and Add to Favorites
      tool that will add a whole Directory using the "Add to Favorites"
      tool. End the paths with a file type using a wild card such as
      *.txt if you only want text files to be opened in the folder. End
      with a backslash if you want the open dialog to come up at that
      directory. Use a "+" sign in front of the path if you want
      subfolders to open.

      Right click over the fields in the Favorites dialog box for
      features and right click on the Titlebar to "Save Window State."

      Please see Help: Favorites Dialog Box, for more features and options.

      mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
      http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab