      From: "Jody" <av1611@...>
      To: <notetab@egroups.com>
      Sent: Tuesday, October 31, 2000 12:07 PM
      Subject: Re: [NTB] several questions.

      Hi MCMAIER,

      >1.FTP doesn't see all my files written in NT and saved in the same
      >folder. Why?

      I don't know about NT, but look in whatever the same for Options
      (W95) or Folder Options (W98) and check/unchecked everything so
      that you are configured to see everything in Windows Explorer.
      Take files out of Hidden as mentioned if they are in that state.
      They are dulled in W98 and you can change the attribute by right
      clicking over the file and choosing Properties.( I checked this and "show
      all files was checked)
      >2. Clicking on View>source tells me that FTP can't find Notepad,
      >even though I have made NT replace it. Why does this happen?

      Set WS_FTP up in Options for the html, etc extensions to be
      opened with NoteTab. Set Text Viewer as NoteTab - full path in
      both cases. I have no idea why WS-FTP would be reported when
      View | Source in a browser is clicked on if that is what you are
      referring to.( I found Extensions in FTP in "ASCII Filenames and Extension
      dialogue box. There are 2 open rectangles there. Next to the top one is
      "Add" "Delete". The bottom one has .TXT in it. Do I "Set text viewer as NTB
      on the top line here, like: C:\\Windows\Desktop\NoteTab Light ?????)
      >3. NT constantly tells me upon opening it that several files are
      >not fully loaded and to use the binary filter next time. Just how
      >is this done?

      Don't open binary files in NoteTab. <g> Such as: .gif, .jpg, .zip.(Tried it
      and changed it right back)

      >4.How do I stop all these messages from opening each time I want
      >to use NT?

      Perhaps you mean NoteTab (NTB). Hmmm? Maybe you are not on
      windows NT, but you are calling NoteTab "NT"? Anyway, if you are
      talking about NoteTab, close those files before exiting and they
      will not open up again when your start NTB. :) See the Option
      "Reload Open Documents" under the General tab. Click Help while
      you are there.(Did this--I didn't realize that you could "close" the
      document from File! I assumed it closed when you did, and wondered why all
      those files kept coming back. I no longer have those dumb binary messary in
      my face. For this I endlessly thank you!

      >5. Why aren't my gif images being displayed in the browser? I'm
      >always getting a small white box with a red x in it.The HTML code is
      >correct.Many thanks.

      Your path to them is not correct.(I hope Stephanie's idea works for me too.)
      Please sign up for the NoteTab
      & HTML list as Lotta suggested and for the Off-Topic list for you
      FTP questions, Clips list for your clips questions... :)

      Only on third cup of coffee Lotta, be patient while it has time
      to kick in. ;) (Wish I could offer you a whole pot . Many thanks, again,
      Jody)

      To Subscribe to or UnSubscribe from any of the following
      Mailing Lists send an empty post to the appropriate list(s)
      using the eMail address to the right of the list name:

      Subscribe
      ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
      The NoteTab Basic List............ NoteTab-Subscribe@...
      The NoteTab Clips List............ ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
      The NoteTab ClipsClass List....... ntb-ClipClass-Subscribe@...
      The NoteTab HTML List............. ntb-HTML-Subscribe@...
      The NoteTab Beta List............. ntb-NextRelease-Subscribe@...
      The NoteTab Off-Topic List........ ntb-OffTopic-Subscribe@...
      NoteTab Announcements List........ ntb-announcements-Subscribe@...
      The Album Express List............ Album-Express-Subscribe@...
      The Mailbag Assistant List........ MailBag-Subscribe@...
      The Fookes Software Beta List..... fs-NextRelease-Subscribe@...

      UnSubscribe
      The NoteTab Basic List............ NoteTab-UnSubscribe@...

      Happy Tab'n, Clip'n, Edit'n, Test'n, &...
      Jody Adair
      Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23
      http://www.sureword.com/notetab
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic